Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

*PAYPAL*PAYPAL*PAYPAL - HERE ONLY

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,045 ✭✭✭ttm

Found this while googling for stuff about PayPal disputes.

I doubt you'll find a better guide anywhere :cool:

How to win a Paypal dispute for Buyers and Sellers

Now all we need is a good guide to setting up a PayPal account and how to fund it by various cards/accounts and that would be a large number of all eBay/PayPal questions here answered.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 373 ✭✭Iceboy

Hey guys you know if you sell an item on ebay and they pay you through paypal, Will the money they send me show up in my paypal balance or go on to my 3v vida card? Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 838 ✭✭✭Wats_in_a_name

Iceboy wrote: »
    Hey guys you know if you sell an item on ebay and they pay you through paypal, Will the money they send me show up in my paypal balance or go on to my 3v vida card? Thanks

Paypal balance. You can use it then to spend to pay by paypal or withdraw it to bank account

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,216 ✭✭✭cojomo2

Hi,

I have a paypal /ac with about €90 in it. I tried to buy something off ebay for a coupe of dollars, but paypal asked me for my credit card details, saying that if the item I'm buying costs more than the funds available in my paypal a/c, the balance will be charged to my credit card....

Is this normal, to be asked for you credit card details even though you have more than enough funds in your paypal a/c to cover the purchase? I know I gave paypal my credit card details when I signed up, in order to become verified..why do they want them again?

Thanks.

cojomo2 wrote: »
    Hi,

I have a paypal /ac with about €90 in it. I tried to buy something off ebay for a coupe of dollars, but paypal asked me for my credit card details, saying that if the item I'm buying costs more than the funds available in my paypal a/c, the balance will be charged to my credit card....

Is this normal, to be asked for you credit card details even though you have more than enough funds in your paypal a/c to cover the purchase? I know I gave paypal my credit card details when I signed up, in order to become verified..why do they want them again?

Thanks.

Have you had a new credit card because the expiry date was up on the old one?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,216 ✭✭✭cojomo2

ttm wrote: »
    Have you had a new credit card because the expiry date was up on the old one?
    Hi,

No, definitely not..

• Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭InisMor

Hi,

how long does it usually take for the SEND MONEY option in PayPal to transfer money from one person's PayPal to another?

Regards

InisMor wrote: »
    Hi,

how long does it usually take for the SEND MONEY option in PayPal to transfer money from one person's PayPal to another?

Regards

Instant if both accounts are working correctly.

• Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭InisMor

ttm wrote: »
    Instant if both accounts are working correctly.

Thank you. One was only set up this evening - will that be a problem?

cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭MiCrOMaN1

I recently became aware of Entropay and was thinking of using it for buying and selling on Ebay. Since Ebay requires a credit card, I was wondering if its possible to use the Entropay CC with Paypal.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Moved to Online Buying & Auctions

dudara

• Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭martydunf

Sorry if this has been asked before but is it possible to add a debit card to your account on paypal? Tried to add a debit card earlier but wasn't too sure if I was doing it correctly.

Can someone confirm whether or not they accept debit cards? Do I click on add new card or new bank account?:confused:

Its a current account with AIB btw.

Also will paypal work with play.com?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

If it's Laser, no. If it's Visa debit, then maybe, but I don't know. Try it and see. Since you're with AIB, I'm guessing Laser, which you can't use with Paypal.

Play.com don't take Paypal payments.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭dazftw

Turn around time for a paypal dispute usually? Put one in last week and have heard nothing yet.. They say it can take up to 30 days!?

Network with your people: https://www.builtinireland.ie/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭danjo-xx

martydunf wrote: »
    Sorry if this has been asked before but is it possible to add a debit card to your account on paypal? Tried to add a debit card earlier but wasn't too sure if I was doing it correctly.

Can someone confirm whether or not they accept debit cards? Do I click on add new card or new bank account?:confused:

Its a current account with AIB btw.

Also will paypal work with play.com?

PayPal accept Visa Debit cards, if yours is a Laser/Maestro card then I doubt they accept that.

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭Adder1

Can somebody please tell me how to add funds to my Paypal account using a 3v voucher. I don't have a credit card and can't verify the 3voucher. It keeps telling me I will get a Paypal code on my "Visa bill" but I won't be getting one because it's not a real Visa card!!

Is there no other way of topping up Paypal as my Bank (BOI) don't want to know about it, nor do Permanent TSB who Paypal use in Ireland.

Am I simple or is this really this f**king complicated? :mad::mad::mad:
    Set up online banking with permanent tsb then you can add funds to your paypal account using the bill pay option you will have to confirm this over the phone. Don`t forget to include your papal reference number or the money may not appear in your account although it will be lodged back into your online account. best way to set up online banking is to call in to your local branch tell them you want to add money to your paypal account using bill pay. DON`T call paypal customer support as you will get an english center and they appear not to understand that the transfer rules are different here than in england "even after informing them they still insist that you can transfer funds using domestic transfer which you can`t here"

• Registered Users Posts: 6 boggermad

I added the 3v card to my paypal account and verified it with the code but the money on my 3V voucher hasn't been added to my paypal balance. I need to send payment to someones Paypal but I can't get the funds from my 3V to paypal but don't understand this 'second account' option people were talking about above. What can I do?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭97i9y3941

paypal should take funds from your 3v card when you are about to finalise and send payment.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 boggermad

When I try to send payment, it says 'This transaction cannot be completed'.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭97i9y3941

i had that problem once,could ask the person in question to send you a request for money,hopefully this will do the trick.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

After 2 months,I won,well the buyer dropped her claim.

Ive an awful feeling it was fraudulent,how do I go about reporting this?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,689 ✭✭✭flutered

why are my pay pal payments not been honoured, i have more than sufficent funds in my account, kinda piffed off, i deal online and my credit i.e. feedback is most important.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,836 ✭✭✭TanG411

I want to add a bank account to my PayPal account and surprisingly, the section that has me caught is the 'Bank Location'.

Do I simply enter the county it's in? Or do I have to enter the street it's on?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,836 ✭✭✭TanG411

Another 3v question:

When I add a 3V card onto PayPal and they deduct €1.50, am I still able to purchase items with the remaining money on the card?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭nitromaster

So, I have a paypal account obviously.

My question is, does anyone know a virtual debit/credit card type thing you can sign up for and top up using your paypal balance?
    Even if there's no pysical card it should be good enough.
    I normally want to buy on many sites that don't accept Paypal, it's a bit of a nuisance to have to transfer to bank account, wait a few days for it to clear, then go in withdraw it, and buy a 3v voucher or whatever.

Examples of sites i wanna buy on are Amazon, the iTunes store over here, etc. Many many sites.

I note Paypal do offer a debit card, however this is only available to uk residents and not us :(
    https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=xpt/Marketing/account/DCIntro-outside

• Closed Accounts Posts: 431 ✭✭punkindrublic

Larkin91 wrote: »
    Another 3v question:

When I add a 3V card onto PayPal and they deduct €1.50, am I still able to purchase items with the remaining money on the card?

Yes you are. I think they add the 1.50 to your paypal account in 1 or 2 days

• Registered Users Posts: 6 frambo

have interest from a buyer based in europe who wants to take a bike off my hands. I have paypal account but having never sold anything outside of ebay using paypal is there a way i can

cover my ass so that the buyer isnt a scammer who can cancel withhold paymet?

cover against buyer claiming goods he got were not up to standard he expected. on ebay a what you see is what you get policy along with an item in working order gives you a certain amount of protection with contesting payment however is there some way i should set up a written agreement to protect myself?

i've looked into paypals seller protection but it pretty much lists ebay all the time and any seller protection it offers outside that is only confirming a buyers credit card details.

any help appreciated

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

Don't use Paypal for that, you have pretty much no protection. Even on eBay, the protection is poor at best.

Safest method is cash, Western Union (safe for the receiver but not the sender), or a lodgement direct to your bank account.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 frambo

thanks jor el,

i hadnt considered bank transfer, but as you say it favours the seller and we're talking nearly a grand in cash so i can understand if it may be too far a trust for the buyer to part with that sum when dealing with an unknown seller in another country.

would it be any use trying to set up a buy it now sale on ebay and direct the buyer to that when its gone up? so get ebay to act as the middleman, although ti does sicken me to hand over the commission in this case.

• Advertisement

frambo wrote: »
    .....would it be any use trying to set up a buy it now sale on ebay and direct the buyer to that when its gone up? so get ebay to act as the middleman, although ti does sicken me to hand over the commission in this case.

Puts you back firmly with PayPal again which as a seller doesn't give you much (if any) protection.

Bank transfer is not such a big deal in some countries so its just as well to ask your buyer if he's happy with that.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement