Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

*PAYPAL*PAYPAL*PAYPAL - HERE ONLY

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 bmw 320d

hello can you transfer money from your permanent tsb account to paypal without having to ring them up

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,556 ✭✭✭Slunk

Are disputes only for ebay purchases. I have purchased an item from a website and paid via payapal but have yet to recieve the item. I emailed yesterday moring and still no reply and am just wondering if I can get my money back via paypal?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

bmw 320d wrote: »
    hello can you transfer money from your permanent tsb account to paypal without having to ring them up

Instructions can be found when you log into Paypal.
    Slunk wrote: »
    Are disputes only for ebay purchases. I have purchased an item from a website and paid via payapal but have yet to recieve the item. I emailed yesterday moring and still no reply and am just wondering if I can get my money back via paypal?

Yes and no. As int sometimes it works, and sometimes it doesn't. You can start a dispute on any transaction, but I believe that Paypal often won't get involved (if you escalate to claim) if it's outside eBay.

If you buy an eBay item, but chose to pay outside of the eBay checkout, then this is definitely not covered.

Just wondering if someone can help m out here with a bit of advice?

Short version: Can you file a dispute with paypal if you've left good feedback for an item?

Long version: I bought a media drive off el bayo and it arrived a week later (or thereabouts). I left good feedback for the drive since it was working and all seemed fine.

However, The media drive has since died a horrible death (no longer than a week after it was received) and i was wondering is there any way I can get my money back?

I emailed Envizage (the shop i bought it off via ebay) about an audio issue with the drive and they were quick to reply back to me (less than an hour both times). I then emailed them letting them know about it's new problem (dying). That was friday evening, so didn't expect a reply til tuesday. Still no word though. I'm assuming they're avoiding me.

Anyway, is there anything i can do, since i left good feedback already? I paid on the 15th of April according to eBay.

Can i still go ahead and try and get my cash back, or is that option gone now as I have already expressed satisfaction with the item?

Also, if i can do anything, is it possible to skip a 'replacement' deal and go straight to getting a refund? I don't like the way they are ignoring me, and so would like to have absolutely nothing to do with them.

Sorry for the long weilding post, but i plan to email them again this evening or tomorrow and I don't want to complain if i'm only gonna get a reply of "lol" or something along those lines :rolleyes:

Thanks in advance to anyone who can help me out here.

Yes, of course. Feedback is completely separate to paying. Paypal will insist that you return the drive, at your expense, and by registered post.

• Advertisement

jor el wrote: »
    Yes, of course. Feedback is completely separate to paying. Paypal will insist that you return the drive, at your expense, and by registered post.

I've no problem returning the item. I'd fully expect to. I sent Envisage another message via eBay outlining how i feel and requesting a refund. If I don't hear back by tomorrow i'll go to Paypal with it. Would be the first time i've ever had a bad eBay experience.

ah sure, has to happen sometime.

Thanks for the help Jor El.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭zero19

Just wondering if anyone can help me, I was looking at buying something online and the total comes to 34 euro, i have 4.50 credited to my paypal account, if i buy a 30euro 3v card will the extra amount come out of my account when i try send the 34 euro? I don't wanna spend more money than i have to!

Paypal uses your balance first, then goes to alternate sources when that's used, so it should work fine.

Merged with Paypal thread.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,831 ✭✭✭abcdggs

I'm going to open a pay-pal account, i was wondering if there might be a problem with having a different billing address and shipping address as i frequently visit america so i though i might be able to avail of reduced prices by getting things shipped there but at the same time i would like the option to get things delivered to my irish address.

You can add several addresses in your Paypal account, but they must all be in the same country.

• Advertisement

You can add several addresses in your Paypal account, but they must all be in the same country.
    thanks for that, but will the billing address of my paypal account affect where i can get things shipped to?

Well, yes, they all have to be in the one country, and that is the country you register with.

If you register with a US address, you wouldn't be able to set up an Irish card of bank account. If you register with an Irish address, you can't add a US address for deliveries.

great, thanks a million

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,556 ✭✭✭Slunk

I have a paypal account for just for buying stuff on ebay. I am just wondering can I recieve money to this account or do I need a different sort of account to start recieving money?

Same account. There is a limit on how much you can receive before they will need further verification (anti-laundering laws).

I have a Wirecard Mastercard and a Halifax Visa Debit Card registered with my PayPal account. I also have funds on my PayPal balance. What I can't understand is this: When I buy something with the Mastercard it uses up my PayPal balance first before taking the remainder off the Mastercard but not with the Visa. I can't understand this and it's driving me mental as I prefer the Visa and use it more.

Maybe it doesn't work with the Visa Debit because it's a debit card whereas the Mastercard is a credit card (albeit a pre-paid one). Anyone got any ideas?:confused::confused::confused: Thanks in advance for any info! :)

They always use your cash balance first, then go to your cards in order of priority. You have one card assigned as primary, and I'm guessing this is the credit card. You can edit this in your account preferences.

You can also change the funding options when making a payment.

Firstly sorry for posting in the wrong place. I remember seeing this thread before but when I went to post forgot all about it :o
    They always use your cash balance first, then go to your cards in order of priority. You have one card assigned as primary, and I'm guessing this is the credit card. You can edit this in your account preferences.

Just checked and I do have the Visa Debit as my primary on PayPal. I have a small PayPal balance of 40c but they continually ignore it when I go to pay for something with the Visa and take the full amount from it.
    You can also change the funding options when making a payment.
    Maybe I'm missing some option here when paying. I'll look harder the next time I purchase something. But I don't think so. Thanks Jor El.

It should tell you where it's taking the money from, when you're making a payment, and there should be a link for "Other funding options".

Not sure why they're ignoring the Visa debit. I didn't think there were any issues with using these.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,272 ✭✭✭merlante

My gf has an Australian ANZ Mastercard that she cannot get a cash advance from in Ireland for some technical reason. The banks can't do it and the card actually crashes ATMs! But, since it's brand new, it's probably working fine, and she has used it as a credit card before.

So I'm thinking, based on what I've read on the web about paypal, she could use her ANZ mastercard to top up her paypal a/c and then transfer funds from paypal to her Bank of Ireland a/c, assuming she can link her paypal a/c to the mastercard and the Irish bank account.

Can anyone tell me if this is possible, and if there are any issues about doing so? Is there a better way of doing it?

Thanks in advance. :)

• Advertisement

No. You cannot add funds to Paypal from a credit card. The only way to do it is from a bank account, or send them a cheque.

You can pay someone else, but this attracts large fees, and the person who receives the money will have to pay to extract the money to a bank account. There's limits on how much you can transfer, and they can suspend your account at any time if they think the transaction is suspicious, such as large amounts of money transferring between new Paypal users.

In short, you need to get the problems with the card sorted, as Paypal is not a viable solution.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,121 ✭✭✭✭Jimmy Bottlehead

Bought a phone through ebay - long story short, seller realised battery not working prior to sending it, offed me either a new battery, a refund of £20 to get one myself, or a complete cancellation.

I went for refund, but he won't do it til i've left feedback. Phone is due tomorrow. His message read: "will process your refund when I get rated for the transaction and the funds get released (I'm not sure if I can refund while it's on hold)"

What should I do?

Funds get released? How did you pay for this? Paypal don't put a hold on funds, the money is already his. Do not leave positive feedback until you've got your refund.

If the phone is coming by registered post, you won't be able to dispute either, as he can prove he sent it, and you received it.

TBH, it sounds like you've just been scammed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭samhail

if it were me i would email him back and tell him that the only feedback that you are in a position to leave at the moment is that you were told that the seller sent faulty items and that he would not refund you unless you committed to leaving a comment.
    tell him that if the goods are not working that you will put in a buyer complaint immediately that the goods are not as described.

i agree with jor el that it sounds like you have been scammed but if you are covered by paypal protection then you should be good.

after i sent that message i wouldnt do anything until you get the phone and see what state it is in.

Whats the ebay item id of the phone you got ? if you dont mind posting it.

Funds get released? How did you pay for this? Paypal don't put a hold on funds, the money is already his. Do not leave positive feedback until you've got your refund.

If the phone is coming by registered post, you won't be able to dispute either, as he can prove he sent it, and you received it.

TBH, it sounds like you've just been scammed.

Until I leave feedback, Paypal holds his funds. This is true...

https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=xpt/Marketing/securitycenter/sell/SaferPayments-outside

Its not registered either, which is a bit dodge to me as postage was £15 and he 'sent it through his work mail system'.

On the plus side, his work email (which I've seen in Paypal statements) is a UK Educational authority which is a tiny tiny comfort, as its not private.
    if it were me i would email him back and tell him that the only feedback that you are in a position to leave at the moment is that you were told that the seller sent faulty items and that he would not refund you unless you committed to leaving a comment.
    tell him that if the goods are not working that you will put in a buyer complaint immediately that the goods are not as described.

i agree with jor el that it sounds like you have been scammed but if you are covered by paypal protection then you should be good.

after i sent that message i wouldnt do anything until you get the phone and see what state it is in.

Whats the ebay item id of the phone you got ? if you dont mind posting it.

Yeah, its all been through ebay and Paypal, nothing private.

You're right. I guess I'd prefer not to be rude but if I get screwed over because of being nice, its not worth it.

http://cgi.ebay.ie/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=220409307727

Thats the item in question.

Any advice would be greatlyappreciated. :)

i learnt something new today :) Thanks.

End of the day i would tell him that you will not leave good feedback until your business is completed.

Still no reply or phone. Starting to smell distinctly of fish... hopefully ebay will stand behind me, as it seems the seller hasn't a leg to stand on?
    everything was conducted through ebay, he only informed me of the battery afterwards, refused to give the refund unless i gave feedback, phone is unregistered....

What you guys think?

i wouldnt jump into filing a complaint immediately with Paypal... as for example if you put a complaint of you not getting the goods... then he sends you an empty box but you signed for it, he will be able to provide tracking information which will show that you got "something" from him and the case will be closed and you cant open a new one about getting an empty box.

I would look into this system with payment holds more.
    it says that if you leave positive feedback then he will get his money... what happens if you leave negative feedback ? will the money get returned to you ?

keep in mind that you are allowed to make a buyer complaint up to 45 days after the transation, so if you dont hear anything on 43/44 days make sure you put in the complaint.
    you bought it on 08/05, which was like 2 fridays ago, he wont do anything on the weekend (though they do have postage open on saturdays over there), lets say he gets to it early last week, then if you lucky you would have it late last week.

i wouldnt be over worried yet.

Well that's new. About time too, it should go some way to stopping the scammers clearing out Paypal accounts before people realise they've been had.

I wouldn't be too worried just yet about the non-receipt. Give it another day or two. When it does arrive, try the phone on the charger and see that it at least works on that. If it doesn't, then the phone is likely dead. If nothing comes by Wednesday, contact him again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭shimbob

Hi, I'm new to the paypal thing and this question has prob been asked before so apologies in advance,
    I want to purchase a item of Adverts.ie and the seller is in Laois and I'm in Dublin so were going to deal to paypal, just say I don't get the item am i covered by paypal like i would be if i bought it through EBay,

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement