Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

*PAYPAL*PAYPAL*PAYPAL - HERE ONLY

1151617181921»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

I use bank of Ireland but I can't with draw money or send money to my paypal account.

Ho do you do this.
    I'm quite good with paypal stuff but this is a question I have no answer for.

The details are right there on your Paypal account, just click Top Up account, and Withdraw is right beside it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 779 ✭✭✭Propane Nightmare

Hi, do you know if paypal has a freecall irish number to ring to get to to customer service as theres a problem with my acc and I cant seem to get it sorted over email. thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,540 ✭✭✭freeze4real

jor el wrote: »
    The details are right there on your Paypal account, just click Top Up account, and Withdraw is right beside it.

how do I get the refernce number and how do I use it.

Yes paypals number is free for landlines.

how do I get the refernce number and how do I use it.

It's all there on the top up page.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,540 ✭✭✭freeze4real

It's all there on the top up page.

I have the defence number now. So do I got to bank of Ireland or should I call themm. Will I get charged. And if I do at what rate.

• Advertisement

There's no charge, other than what the bank charges for transferring money to another account if you have a fee paying account. You'll want to set it up on your 365Online account, or telephone banking account. This can be done over the phone or online.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Killer Pigeon

No.

Got an email from PayPal today:
    Allow me to clarify that there are two ways in verifying your Irish PayPal
    account, you can either confirm your card or complete the set-up bank
    funding process.

Since you removed your bank on 14 June 2010, you will still receive the two
    random deposits, between 1p and 99p, to your bank account.

Your thoughts are essential for us to provide our services better. Feel
    free to contact us if you need further assistance.

Thank you for choosing PayPal.

Yours sincerely,
    Maris
    PayPal

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 DesperateRay

Question regarding paypal top up through AIB internet bank transfer. I read some of the earlier posts here. And it was mentioned it didn't cost anything for them. Now I'm a bit confused because I'm trying to make a standard international transfer but it says theres a fee of 15 euros for it. Is this been recently changed ? Because if I remember correctly I used to top up my paypal account ages ago about over a year or so and I don't remember it costing anything. Does anybody have any clue on it ? Thanks :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,836 ✭✭✭TanG411

Question regarding paypal top up through AIB internet bank transfer. I read some of the earlier posts here. And it was mentioned it didn't cost anything for them. Now I'm a bit confused because I'm trying to make a standard international transfer but it says theres a fee of 15 euros for it. Is this been recently changed ? Because if I remember correctly I used to top up my paypal account ages ago about over a year or so and I don't remember it costing anything. Does anybody have any clue on it ? Thanks :)

You shouldn't have to do it through International transfer.

On the Internet banking page, on the left it should say 'Transfers and Payments'. Click on that.

Then request a transfer to another Irish account. Click that (I think it's the 3rd one down).

Fill in the details, and be sure to fill in your unique PayPal transfer ID into the section that says 'Message to appear on receiver's statement'.

Should work for you then. :D

The bank details of PayPal can be found on your PayPal account if you click 'Top up Account'.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 DesperateRay

Thanks, thought it was international cause well I'm sending money out of RoI. Anyway this seems to be working now, thanks a million.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,378 ✭✭✭Cherrycola

I've done this a few times, perfectly safe. Just make sure the reference number you gave to BOI is exactly the one that Paypal gave to you. Any error there and your payment will go AWOL, possibly for quite a while. Once you triple check that, it's just a matter of doing a payment from 365Online.

It takes 4 or 5 days to go through, depending on the time of day you initiate the transfer. Since it's passed close of business for today, this might not count as day 1, so it would be Friday before your funds are available.

I did this, and triple checked, and my transfer has still gone AWOL, so i would be wary of using this system again. Im waiting to hear back from Paypal regarding the whereabouts of my transfer, but im not holding out much hope to be honest. :(

I had the bank account number, bank sort code, my ID ref number, and the Payee name(Paypal PTE Ltd), the only information i didnt include was the name of the Bank i was transferring to, Bank of America N.A. Dublin, for the simple reason there was nowhere for me to enter those details on my banks transfer system, but that shouldnt be an issue, as the sort code should cover what bank it is.

Thankfully it wasnt a huge amount, but still, its a pretty shabby system! :mad:

You should contact your own bank to find out where exactly they sent the money, and if they confirm it went to the right place, get them to give you a printout of the transaction, including all references. Send this to Paypal to help them trace the payment with their bank.

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭YungJoshy

Recently just set up a paypal account and I connected it to my bank account. The problem I'm having is that paypal send you "two small deposits". How much are these deposits and how long will this take?

Thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 140 ✭✭LadyGaga!

Just wondering, is it possible to transfer funds from your Bank of Ireland online account to PayPal? If so I'm going to get an online account :D

I've tried searching the tread for this but there's so many results -_- Apologies.

Try the page before this one. Yes, you can do it, but it takes up to a week for the money to show.

YungJoshy wrote: »
    Recently just set up a paypal account and I connected it to my bank account. The problem I'm having is that paypal send you "two small deposits". How much are these deposits and how long will this take?

Thanks.

The deposits are very small. (Mine were 9c and 13c I think)

It takes about 3-5 business days.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,587 ✭✭✭Bob Z

if i transfer money from my account how do i know it has gone in?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭Trevor451

Is it possible to transfer money from a credit card to my pay pal account? For some reason the website only accepts money from pay pal account but not from a credit card :rolleyes:

Bob Z wrote: »
    if i transfer money from my account how do i know it has gone in?

if you're transfering from your bank account to paypal, then PayPal will send you an email confirming the money is gone in.

If you're transfering from Paypal to your bank acoount, then you have to check your bank statement. The statement will say 'PAYPAL PTE LTD'.

Transfers take between 3-5 business days usually, for me anyway.

Trevor451 wrote: »
    Is it possible to transfer money from a credit card to my pay pal account? For some reason the website only accepts money from pay pal account but not from a credit card :rolleyes:

I don't think it's possible, but what you can do is link your credit card to your Paypal account.

Then when you're paying for something through paypal, if you have nothing in your PayPal account, then paypal will take the funds from your credit card.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭Trevor451

Larkin91 wrote: »
    I don't think it's possible, but what you can do is link your credit card to your Paypal account.

Then when you're paying for something through paypal, if you have nothing in your PayPal account, then paypal will take the funds from your credit card.

I think I found a way how to do it
    http://www.ehow.com/how_4546853_instantly-put-money-paypal-account.html

Trevor451 wrote: »

No, you cannot transfer money from a credit card into your Paypal account.

• Registered Users Posts: 325 ✭✭Athlone_Bhoy

If you could do that Paypal would be losing money.

Didn't know you transfer from bank to Paypal not much use for my 3v card now.

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭Steppes

Sorry if this has been asked before, but is there any way to confirm your address on Paypal using a 3V voucher?

Steppes wrote: »
    Sorry if this has been asked before, but is there any way to confirm your address on Paypal using a 3V voucher?

No, it's not possible.

PayPal are only able to confirm addresses on a Credit card through the bank it is linked to.
    Since the 3v card is not linked to a bank, paypal can not verify your address.

It's a shame because your address will always be unconfirmed.

This thread, due to it's size and general difficulty to navigate, will end here. A new FAQ has been created, which aims to answer most general Paypal queries.

Questions not covered in the FAQ can be asked by starting a thread in the forum.

This thread will be un-stickied after a short while.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement