Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

*PAYPAL*PAYPAL*PAYPAL - HERE ONLY

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭97i9y3941

Can somebody please tell me how to add funds to my Paypal account using a 3v voucher. I don't have a credit card and can't verify the 3voucher. It keeps telling me I will get a Paypal code on my "Visa bill" but I won't be getting one because it's not a real Visa card!!

Is there no other way of topping up Paypal as my Bank (BOI) don't want to know about it, nor do Permanent TSB who Paypal use in Ireland.

Am I simple or is this really this f**king complicated? :mad::mad::mad:

the vertify code is a 4 number code ,you log into 3v website,you know its the right one when you see the €1.50 taken from the 3v card,the number for example would be like "1234paypal" then you take the "1234" number and put number it into paypal website to link and confirm your card,you will have to do this with most 3v cards numbers you buy otherwise your account will be locked up due to paypal thinking the card is stolen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 551 ✭✭✭trevorbrady

thanks I suspected as much. I wonder why we get the second class service compared to the UK?

dont think theres anything wrong,just people are not useing it compare to a convential card i thinks,although the 3v site can be buggy at times

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,077 ✭✭✭PCros

Hi,

Just a quick one...I withdrew €160 from paypal the other day and I got an email(below) today saying they could not process it and it was reversed back into paypal a/c I rang both AIB and Paypal with no luck, only thing is I have MR infront of my name on my AIB a/c and not on paypal.
    But thats hardly the reason is it?

I deleted the bank details and re-entered them and withdrew again but won't know until next Monday at least.

An electronic funds transfer from your PayPal account to your bank account was rejected today for this reason:

Invalid Bank Account Information

Our system was not able to process the transaction with the bank information listed on your account. You should contact your bank regarding the bank account information required for electronic funds transfers. If you still need assistance, you may email us through our secure server at ***********.

Thanks for using PayPal, the world's #1 online payment service!
    Sincerely,

could be a slight error on your part i.e wrong account number or bank sort code,is the account still open?,check with the bank or ring paypal themselfs and talk them about it,you need your account code for paypal for them to talk to you futher,it should be in your account profile

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭shimbob

PCros wrote: »
    Hi,

Just a quick one...I withdrew €160 from paypal the other day and I got an email(below) today saying they could not process it and it was reversed back into paypal a/c I rang both AIB and Paypal with no luck, only thing is I have MR infront of my name on my AIB a/c and not on paypal.
    But thats hardly the reason is it?

I deleted the bank details and re-entered them and withdrew again but won't know until next Monday at least.

An electronic funds transfer from your PayPal account to your bank account was rejected today for this reason:

Invalid Bank Account Information

Our system was not able to process the transaction with the bank information listed on your account. You should contact your bank regarding the bank account information required for electronic funds transfers. If you still need assistance, you may email us through our secure server at [URL]https:///wf/f=act_verifyba[/URL]

Thanks for using PayPal, the world's #1 online payment service!
    Sincerely,

Hi, sometimes either your bank or paypal wont let you exchange money if your details on both accounts don't mach exactly, so it could be something as simple as the (Mr) being left out, I had a similar problem before and I was told it might be because my details weren't exactly the same. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,077 ✭✭✭PCros

shimbob wrote: »
    Hi, sometimes either your bank or paypal wont let you exchange money if your details on both accounts don't mach exactly, so it could be something as simple as the (Mr) being left out, I had a similar problem before and I was told it might be because my details weren't exactly the same. :)

Cheers. I had a feeling it was that as all the other details are correct.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,813 ✭✭✭BaconZombie

What is the fastest way to get cash onto a new paypal account ?

I'm looking to be able pay for something via paypal today but want to load it up with € cash.

So can I buy a 3V,Wirecard, {Insert Shopping Centre Name }Mastercard gift card today that I can use the sameday?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,692 ✭✭✭Loomis

Stupid question but why do you link your bank account in paypal? I thought it can only take funds from a credit card if your paypal account has insifficient funds so what's the point of having your bank account linked if it can't use it?

reason for linking bank account to paypal is if you want to send your funds to your bank account and withdraw the money to an atm machine,paypal makes a killing from this too,they take a dollar out of every amount you transfer,i.e if you had 100 euro,and transfered it,paypal will take a dollar so your left with 99!

as for sending money,think way you do it is ask that person for their email,then add your credit card to paypal,then send money from the card to that person by entering the email they gave you,theres help on the paypal site for all this to make sure...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

BOFH_139 wrote: »
    So can I buy a 3V,Wirecard, {Insert Shopping Centre Name }Mastercard gift card today that I can use the sameday?

If you're already registered with 3V, then you can buy a voucher today and use it straight away. If you're not, then it can take several weeks to set up. Same applies to Wirecard, and I think there is a wit time on the shopping centre cards too. Transferring money from bank account takes about a week.

You're not going to be able to pay this today yourself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

Is there a way to tranfer funds from your Bank Account to your paypal? I'm trying to do it on 365online, but I dont understand the info that Paypal gives when I click "Top Up Account"

never done it myself but found some info here from the boards site

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055425554

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 765 ✭✭✭ultain

Yep, fred83 spot on, such a day!.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭upmeath

I sold my first item on ebay last week.

I've bought on ebay for years and had a PayPal set up linked to my Hotmail account and a MasterCard I since lost and got replaced. Recently I've made purchases using a new MasterCard, and a new PayPal linked to my college account.

No problems, new card, new PayPal, same source of payment.

However last week I sold an item on ebay and foolishly provided my Hotmail as the account to receive payment through. This PayPal account still has the old disused MasterCard number, and essentially I have money tied up in an account that's no longer accessible.
    I know that PayPal won't allow a credit card be linked to two different accounts, basically I want to change the account the credit card is tied to or move the funds from one account to the other so it's on a credit card I actually use.

In summary, my questions are:
    Is there a way of reappropriating the funds to my college email based PayPal from the old Hotmail one?
    OR
    Is there a way of breaking the link between my new credit card and the college email based PayPal, and linking that credit card to my Hotmail PayPal?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭samhail

i dont know if you know whether you are not able to take money from your paypal account and put it on to your credit card.
    You are only able to remove money from your PP account by sending it to your bank account or to another PP account.

- so if your bank account is on your new pp account - you may be able to remove it from there and add it to your old one. then remove the funds (you might have to authorise it which takes 3-5working days)
    - you could consider sending money from your old account to your new account (if your new one is a personal account you shouldnt get chanrged.
    - you could try to contact the buyer and ask them if you could refund the money and get them to send it to your new account. sounds very dodgy... and you have no way of getting the money back if the buyer decided to be bad... i wouldnt recommend any buyer to do this :)

personally i would ring paypal for that*yes there are still companies you can talk over the phone!*,they have the powers to adjust your account,just remember to log into paypal first and go to your profile and look at your account number as they will need it,or you could email support,they get back to you within 24 hours,there could be a small fee for the return of the money aswell...

might be an option... but you would be lucky to find someone who was in a good enough mood to transfer the money... and the front line support only have a limit that they can put through without having it authorised by above...

dont forget that in theorey you would have hit a tick box that shows your agree with their terms & conds... which does say your only allowed 1 account with them
    (of if you have a personal and a premier/business)

could he not close it down or something,i remember before i remembered a password to an old paypal account one day and closed it down,only prob is getting the card released.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,121 ✭✭✭✭Jimmy Bottlehead

Once I've escalated a bad ebay buy to a Paypal claim, if the seller has withdrawn my funds already, can Paypal refund me? Or will they say there are no funds with which to refund me?

• Advertisement

Once I've escalated a bad ebay buy to a Paypal claim, if the seller has withdrawn my funds already, can Paypal refund me? Or will they say there are no funds with which to refund me?

on the item you bought it will say whether you are covered by paypal protection and how much you are covered by.
    If you have been covered for the full amount then they will cover it if you will the complaint.
    if the seller has taken the money out then their accout will be put into negative balance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,121 ✭✭✭✭Jimmy Bottlehead

samhail wrote: »
    on the item you bought it will say whether you are covered by paypal protection and how much you are covered by.
    If you have been covered for the full amount then they will cover it if you will the complaint.
    if the seller has taken the money out then their accout will be put into negative balance.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=220409307727

Thats covered I think?

yeah looks good. (though im used to it saying something like max of 200e etc)
    nice phone/price.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,855 ✭✭✭nd

Hi I need to provide paypal with a valid photo Id. I don't have a driving licence or passport.

Anyone have an idea of what else they will accept or what to do? Or any idea of a photo ID I can get very very quickly? Thanks.

sorry for been nosey but what do they want the valid photo id for?

"European Union anti-money laundering regulations and "know-your-customer" regulations require us to collect additional information when customers receive more than the mentioned amount in total payments."

i be bit sceptic if that came from an paypal email,theres alot of fake ones about so i be careful,only way know its true is log into the account itself and see any messages there,otherwise you will need a passport or driver licence,something with your photo and name on it..

I tried my work Id which has my name and photo but it was rejected. But yeah it's def. from paypal.

A driving licence takes quite a while to get?

I urgently need to use my paypal account and can't until this is resolved.

not much you can do,maybe ring them and explain the situation,passport takes about a week i think with express?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 765 ✭✭✭ultain

Fred83 wrote: »
    i be bit sceptic if that came from an paypal email,theres alot of fake ones about so i be careful,only way know its true is log into the account itself and see any messages there,otherwise you will need a passport or driver licence,something with your photo and name on it..
    very good advice, it sound's a bit strange, pay pal looking for photo i.d:confused:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement