Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

*PAYPAL*PAYPAL*PAYPAL - HERE ONLY

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭97i9y3941

he should forward the mail or claim to spoof@paypal.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

There's nothing strange about the request. As nd pointed out, it's European Union anti-money laundering regulations that require Paypal to verify the identity of anyone who receives more that 1,000 euro in their Paypal account.

You'll see the request when you log into your Paypal account.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭upmeath

Many thanks for your help, I got it sorted. Linked my bank account with the old paypal account through which I received and it's all fixed up nicely now. Thanks once again! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭CatacombKittens

I just got this email after I paid someone with my 3v card.
    Hello,

Now that you've discovered how easy it is to pay with your bank account, why not become Verified and enjoy these benefits:
    - Fund purchases directly from your checking or savings account, in addition to using credit cards
    - Improve your reputation by letting others know you're a confirmed, Verified member of the PayPal community
    - Send money to friends, family, and PayPal Personal Account holders
    - Add money to your PayPal account directly from your bank account

Get Verified today -- click on the link below to confirm your bank account:

https://www.paypal.com/ie/VERIFY

Sincerely,
    PayPal

However after confirming I still don't seem to actually be able to do any of this.

You can't fund directly with a bank account in Ireland, this works in USA and UK, but not here. You can verify your account with the 3V card, just follow the instructions. This won't do much for you though, except it shows sellers that Paypal have at least verified the account, so you're less likely to be a scammer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,855 ✭✭✭nd

You can fund your paypal acount using just your bank account.

"Send a domestic bank transfer to PayPal

Beneficiary Name
    PAYPAL PTE LTD
    Bank
    Bank of America N.A., Dublin
    Bank code (Sorting Code)
    Account Number
    53202043"

A transfer takes approx. 3 working days.

jor el wrote: »
    There's nothing strange about the request. As nd pointed out, it's European Union anti-money laundering regulations that require Paypal to verify the identity of anyone who receives more that 1,000 euro in their Paypal account.

You'll see the request when you log into your Paypal account.

Just to let other people know aswell, 3v have the same policy,if you have spent €2,500 within under 12 months,they will send you an email telling you will have to submit some utility bills or bank satements along with a certified photocopy of your passport*which will be done at the garda station*,and send back the documents in the evenlope that 3v sends it out in,so open the evenlope very carefully as you will have to reuse it...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,354 ✭✭✭✭Witcher

Guys I just bought a 3V card today and I've linked it to my paypal account and verified it, but how do i put the funds from it into the paypal account? :o

Thanks

i dont think you can,the 3v card value is used through paypal itself,i.e for instance if you bought something off the net,and the company accepts paypal payments,you can nominate your 3v voucher as the fund,although im sure you could send the money from the 3v card to the paypal bank,but it would take too long along with fees been incured for the process,so maybe your just better to pay from the 3v card,paypal will see it as a source of funding anyway...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,354 ✭✭✭✭Witcher

Fred83 wrote: »
    i dont think you can,the 3v card value is used through paypal itself,i.e for instance if you bought something off the net,and the company accepts paypal payments,you can nominate your 3v voucher as the fund,although im sure you could send the money from the 3v card to the paypal bank,but it would take too long along with fees been incured for the process,so maybe your just better to pay from the 3v card,paypal will see it as a source of funding anyway...

I figured it out eventually:o

You pay using paypal and paypal in turn draw it on your 3V card, the funds don't actually show on your paypal account:)

Thanks for the help.:)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

Guys,
    HAve been with Paypal a good while now and had a credit card, my only one, linked to it there for the last 2 years and made 10's of thousands of euro of purchases off it.

The card expired, I renewed the card with the likes of Skype and Paddy power etc but when I try Paypal it tells me I can't as the address can't be verified

The address is the same, the number is the same but the expiry date and 3 digit number a now different.

I emailed them and got loads of the same about not been able to verify etc and that I had to get a brand new number and card from my credit card company!!

Has anyone got a way around this, my postcode is in as NONE btw.

Thanks

i dont think they can vertify it anyway,my address isnt either too if i remember,because paypal does the uk and usa....

I have the same problem renewing my card every time it expires. Paypal are stupid, and they keep trying to verify against a postcode, even though they know we don't use them.

I've found Default works for postcode, but you might also have to try variations of where you put Town/City, County, etc too.

the telephone area code works sometimes...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,077 ✭✭✭PCros

I recently put a claim in because a seller was to refund me and then never got back to me so I had to escalate it to a claim.

Now its states that if the seller doesn't respond to Paypal in 10 days I will automatically get my money back. Its now the 11th day and the status on my claim still states: "Waiting on sellers response".

Should this not state something else and should I have my refund by now, or at least notification that it was awarded in my favour?

Are you counting from when you escalated to a claim, or when you started the dispute in the first place?

It should auto-end after 10 days, but that would probably be on day 11 anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,077 ✭✭✭PCros

Your right jor el, just got the email there saying I got me euros back!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 77 ✭✭Shaneod21

Adding money to paypal is very simple. Just go to paypal and log on-> then add funds. You just need to register your bank account, they charge 2 small amounts and you just need to verify these amounts.

That doesn't work in Ireland, as already stated. There is a way around it, but it takes several days to go through.

I've been happily using my Halifax Visa Debit card with PayPal for months. I tried to buy something last night with PayPal and I got the following error message:
    We were unable to verify your credit or debit card. To proceed with your purchase, please select a different payment method or add a different credit or debit card, then click Continue.

Now I only used it last week to buy something from the same site (jomzajung) the same way (paypal).

Does anybody know why it's suddenly not working anymore? Also to compound my confusion I logged into my Halifax online banking and the money has been reserved from my account but I received no PayPal receipt.

Any insights would be much appreciated please! thanks in advance.

• Advertisement

Did you vertify the card in the first place,i assume you did since you said you have been useing your card for months...

Fred83 wrote: »
    Did you vertify the card in the first place,i assume you did since you said you have been useing your card for months...

Yeah linked and confirmed already. I emailed paypal and they got back to me very quickly telling me to contact Halifax.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 77 ✭✭Shaneod21

jor el wrote: »
    This had been asked and answered a million times already. You don't add funds to Paypal from any kind of credit card, including 3V, and your visa bill will be in your 3V account. If you log into your Paypal account you will find information about how to transfer money from a bank.

Well said!

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Jack-the-Russel

"Thank you for providing us with information about your account.

The proof of identity you provided to our services could not be reviewed
    for the reasons stated below:
    Unfortunately, the document we received is not a valid proof of identity.

Please note that a valid proof of identity must show certain details such
    as a date of issue and expiry date (if applicable).

I realise that this has caused you some inconveneice, however as this is
    regulatory requirement we would have to ask that you provide us with
    another proof of identity to enable us review your account.

Please contact Customer Service if you need further assistance.

Sincerely,

Account Review Department
    PayPal, an eBay Company"....

They still will not confirm my address. This after 8 years trading and over 1000 trades. Plus my PayPal account is a Premium Account, Internationally Verified.
    Does anyone have a phone number for EBAY in Blanchardstown....

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭shimbob

"Thank you for providing us with information about your account.

The proof of identity you provided to our services could not be reviewed
    for the reasons stated below:
    Unfortunately, the document we received is not a valid proof of identity.

Please note that a valid proof of identity must show certain details such
    as a date of issue and expiry date (if applicable).

I realise that this has caused you some inconveneice, however as this is
    regulatory requirement we would have to ask that you provide us with
    another proof of identity to enable us review your account.

Please contact Customer Service if you need further assistance.

Sincerely,

Account Review Department
    PayPal, an eBay Company"....

They still will not confirm my address. This after 8 years trading and over 1000 trades. Plus my PayPal account is a Premium Account, Internationally Verified.
    Does anyone have a phone number for EBAY in Blanchardstown....

Unit 6, Blanchardstown Corporate Park, Dublin 15, Customer support and shared services,
    Ph: 01 4369001 Fax: 01 2432127

• Closed Accounts Posts: 138 ✭✭dfer

Guys,

I've been sending money through paypal for the last few years without any problems, but i sold somthing last week for 80 Euro, everything was grand and had an balance of around 80.00 Euro,

So next week i bought 2 items for around 60 euro, and the money came out of the balance

So my question is paypal used my available balance on the 2 bought items yeah?

And will it show up on my transaction list? I dont see it anywhere?

yup paypal would had used the available funds/balance to pay for items,when you log into paypal,you will see your balance in your account and below you will see a history of your recent transaction and how much you paid..

Irish independent
    Cyberclinic: How did a total stranger gain access to my Paypal account?

By Rhodri Marsden
    Wednesday July 15 2009

This is a tricky confession to make. It's a bit like an agony aunt admitting to infidelity, or a gardening columnist announcing full details of their potato blight.

But after years of dispensing advice on how to avoid online fraud, well, I've become a victim of online fraud. I may be about to forfeit what little authority I have, but I think my slightly self-conscious line is going to be this: Hey, it can happen to anyone.

When I received emails from Paypal last week informing me of my winning eBay bids for two cameras, I didn't give them a second thought. I hadn't placed any bids (cameras and I share a deep, mutual indifference) so I just assumed they were spam.

You know, along the lines of: "Hey, you've won a camera! Click here, enter your password and watch us slowly take control of your identity."

But they were swiftly followed by an alert that my Paypal account may have been compromised; apparently a chap called "Erick" from Northampton – if he exists at all – had won two high-end Canon cameras on eBay and used my hard-earned cash to pay for them.

As a result of his underhand activity I was €1,305.74 down on the deal – a deal that I hadn't initiated, or even taken part in other than unwittingly hand over the money.

Paypal, of course, didn't require me to have €1,305.74 knocking around in my account; it just swept the money across from my credit card – which for some asinine reason has a credit limit well over €3,500.

After having spoken to reassuring Paypal representatives I have faith that the mess will sort itself out, but I'm still baffled as to how my account was accessed.

I use unguessable jumbles of letters for passwords, never click on dodgy links in suspicious emails, and keep my computer secure and free from malware, as I hope you all do.

But perhaps I haven't always been scrupulous about using a different password for every website, and that's something that I've just spent a day correcting.

And if you don't have such a system, I'd develop one of your own. (I'm not convinced by password managers, simply because it only takes one password to be cracked to access all your others.)

Paypal, for their part, now offer an additional layer of security that involves an SMS being sent to your mobile phone. I've just shamefacedly signed up for it, before going off to have a little cry.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 765 ✭✭✭ultain

Sorry to hear, least paypal understand what went down.

• Advertisement

not my story,was taken from todays paper...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement