Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

*PAYPAL*PAYPAL*PAYPAL - HERE ONLY

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭samhail

Fred83 wrote: »

Paypal, for their part, now offer an additional layer of security that involves an SMS being sent to your mobile phone. I've just shamefacedly signed up for it, before going off to have a little cry.

Does anyone know anything about this ?
    i looked around my account and cant find any mention about that - maybe its business only ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

It's not really security though, is it? It's letting you know your account has been used, after it has been used. It does nothing to prevent your account from being accessed.

A proper, and simple, security feature, would be for them to ask for the 3 digit CVV2 code when making a payment from a credit card, this would require whomever is sending the payment to actually have the credit card to hand, or at least have access to it. Anyone who hacks your Paypal account would not have this information.

I don't understand why Paypal don't implement such a system, all I can think is that they really don't care once it's not their money.

ah right - i thought it was before the payment was completed.

paypal care very much what FSA think about... so if paypal dont have it implemented its obviously not a requirement by the FSA

• Registered Users Posts: 45 NicOda

jor el wrote: »

I don't understand why Paypal don't implement such a system, all I can think is that they really don't care once it's not their money.

To date the security systems in PayPal have not been comprimised. You will usually find that when someones account is used like this that the fault lies with the user. The account is only as secure as the password, and if someone has had their password compromised any online service cannot be held responsible for someones carelesness. That is what the journalist from the Independent is saying. "Hackers" don't access regular joe soaps account- it's not worth the hassle. Anyone who conducts any online transactions, has online accounts is responsible for safeguarding their personal informaition online, as you would your physcial personal informaition.

paypal msg:
    This payment has been selected for review and we have opened an investigation.

This is a security measure meant to protect you from problem transactions.

We have placed a temporary hold on the funds until the investigation is complete.

Please provide some additional information about this transaction.

I am delivering the goods in person tomorrow, so where do i go from now, i need to verify the transation for the investigation. what the hell...?

If i get the corresponding delivery address of my buyer as registered with paypal should paypal unfreeze my funds?

sorry i hope im making sense, im confused though

By the way, is this normal procedure?

• Advertisement

i have read that this procedure now for new ebay sellers.
    http://reviews.ebay.com/PayPal-2008-Changes-The-21-day-hold-on-your-money_W0QQugidZ10000000005528443
    actually put in ebay sellers hold on money into google and there is alot of bad press about it :)

If i were you i would give paypal a shout and ask them what should you do since you will be delivering the goods rather than posting them (so wont be able to provide proof of postage) - i dont know if an email from your buyer confirming that they have recieved the goods from you will convince paypal that the transaction went ok... and would you trust your buyer enough to hand the goods over with their word that they will email paypal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,494 ✭✭✭citizen_p

I am delivering the goods in person tomorrow, so where do i go from now, i need to verify the transation for the investigation. what the hell...?

If i get the corresponding delivery address of my buyer as registered with paypal should paypal unfreeze my funds?

sorry i hope im making sense, im confused though

By the way, is this normal procedure?

no expert so wait for somone in the know to confirm this but
    hmmm looks like he just has to leave you feedback.....
    you must be a new seller ???

yeah im brand new. is it possible to leave feedback on paypal?

I rang paypal and they said they are making sure the buyer is legit? ugh stress...they also said im not insured if they decide not to follow through with the investigate as i delivered the goods myself...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,494 ✭✭✭citizen_p

from the link samhail (2 or 3 posts up) posted, it looks like because your new thier making sure your legit for the first couple of sales.

i meant feedback on ebay..... from the buyer. so that paypal know buyer is happy and has recieved the item

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,443 ✭✭✭Red Sleeping Beauty

Is there any movement on Paypal accepting Laser ? Has anyone contacted them at all about it ? I emailed them years ago and was told it'd be sorted out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43 Ms. Crabapple

I couldn't really find a definitive answer on this question. I have a paypal ac. I added my halifax visa debit card to it yesterday. I got the message about waiting to get the 4 digit code which will verify my card. Before I did this I had bid on a product and won. It cost 24 euro. I thought I'd try pay for it to see what happened and it did go through. I received a receipt from pp to my email. So does that mean that I'm allowed to use PP for limited transactions until I get the code or will I get an angry email form the seller in a few days telling me he/she didn't get the money?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭97i9y3941

they get the money alright,what will happen is,for any more future purchases you might a notice saying your account is limited,to lift the limit you will have to have the code,which you can check online on your online banking or your bank statement,it should show up something like 1234paypal along with the charge of €1.50 beside it,paypal will refund the €1.50 back to your paypal account when you enter this num..

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Ms. Crabapple

Thanks for that though I just realised that the 1.50 hasn't come out of my a/c yet? Does that not show up for a few days?

i assumed you linked and confirmed your card by going into paypal and clicking on link and confirm my card,yes it wont show up on your online statement for couple days...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

I'm sure there's probably an answer somewhere on the thread already, but I'll ask it anyway:

what is the deal with sending paymetns as a "gift"???

the person you send payment to,you ask for their email that you send paypal payment to,in the "personal" tab in your paypal account,select "gift",enter the email,the amount and currency you wish to send,only downside of sending payment as gift and with most paypal payments you will have to pay the charge*unless your cheeky enough to let the receiver pay the charges instead*...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,022 ✭✭✭il gatto

I paid for an order twice (payment sent page didn't come up). When I checked my account later, I noticed both attempts had been completed. What is the procedure getting a refund. I sent a message to the seller asking if they could refund the second payment. Can they do that simply? Message was just sent, so I don't expect an answer until Wed afternoon at the earliest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,022 ✭✭✭il gatto

Got it sorted. The seller refunded the second payment in full already.:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,148 ✭✭✭Passenger

I want to recieve a payment from somebody using PayPal.

So I go to 'Request Money' and either Request Money or send an Invoice. My query is when the recipient clicks on the email and pays my PayPal account does that money automatically go into my bank account or do I have to manually transfer the money from my PayPal account into my bank account?

you have to do it yourself,the person that sends you the money,they have an option to pay the fees,paypal itself might take a euro out for itself on the money aswell,thats why you have to do the transferring yourself,paypal makes a nice bit out of it...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,148 ✭✭✭Passenger

Well I suppose e1 you can live with.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,642 ✭✭✭Luap

What the title says, any advise?

Thanks
    Maloney

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭eamonpendergast

1. Set up a second Paypal account.

2. Use the original account to request a payment of however much you want to transfer in the original Paypal account from the 2nd account.

3. Pay with the 3v card.

Hope that helps!

You can't transfer money from any credit card to Paypal, unless you use the method above, which will cost you the commission.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,642 ✭✭✭Luap

But when I want to transfer money from 1 account to the other it wont let me because there was no funds even though I added the 3v details

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭eamonpendergast

You're not trying to transfer funds between accounts, you need to request a payment from another user (you 2nd account). Once you request the payment, log into the 2nd account and pay it. You'll be able to pay with the 3V card then.

Or just send a payment to the other email address, then accept it on that account.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭spix

paypal not workin for anyone else? :x people having trouble sending me monies

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

Is it possible to use a Maestro card with Paypal? Or is it possible to add funds using a Maestro card?

• Advertisement

No, you can't use Maestro on Paypal.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement