Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

*PAYPAL*PAYPAL*PAYPAL - HERE ONLY

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 00ALXANDRA00

Hi there :)

I have added a 3V card to paypal and 1.50 has been taken from the balance until i verify it with a number that will be on my next statement. But i wont be getting any statement as its a 3v voucher.

So will i never get it back?

Thanks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 00ALXANDRA00

terrible sorry, i have just found the answer!

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭clive_odonohoe

I really need to add money to my paypal account as quickly as possible. I normally use the transfer method I set up on my boi online banking, but that transfer takes up to 4 days to come through. I thought I could use my credit card somehow. After all, what's the point of having to register your credit card to your paypal account if you have to use the slow method of an online bank transfer?

So basically is there someway I can top up my paypal account instantly with my credit card or some other means?

BTW, I already have a 3v card, so if I don't find another method I will resort to that.

Thanks

Clive

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭JJ

There's no real quick way to top up your PP account. You could get someone to send you money to your PP account but PP will charge a fee for that. If you've got your CC attached to your PP account, you can spend away and PP will take the money from your CC.

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭clive_odonohoe

I was thinking that this might be the only way. But I wasn't sure if I would be able to complete an online order for x amount without having the proper funds available in my paypal account. But know that you say it works, I will give it a go.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

If you have a credit card registered with your Paypal account then you don't need to top it up. You just make the payment, and it comes off your card. You can't add money to Paypal from a credit card anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 bmw 320d

can anyone give me any advice on how to withdraw money from paypal account to permanent tsb account i have tried withdraw but was charged a €3 return fee,i have put in the correct details account number etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,452 ✭✭✭Rigsby

This seemed the most appropriate forum to ask this. If not, mods, feel free to move it.

I've only ever used Paypal on ebay, where you just click on "buy now" and it brings you to Paypal automatically.

How do you send a payment to an individual, apart from the above method ? I checked the "FAQ" on Paypal and was bombarded with info I was not looking for. From what I can gather, the recipient gives you his/her email address, and you fill this in on the "Make a Payment" form. Would this be correct ?

Thanks in advance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,584 ✭✭✭PCPhoto

just put the other persons email address and transfer money to them.

EDIT: on the paypal homepage (after you have logged in) ... click on the tab (SEND MONEY)
    type in the email address of the person you want to pay and the amount (choose what currency - ie. Euro) and choose if its Goods/Services/Email ...click continue and follow whatever the website tells you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,452 ✭✭✭Rigsby

PCPhoto wrote: »
    just put the other persons email address and transfer money to them.

Thanks. That's what I thought alright. Did not think it was that simple. :) I assume you get an email proving you sent payment ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,452 ✭✭✭Time Magazine

Rigsby wrote: »
    This seemed the most appropriate forum to ask this. If not, mods, feel free to move it.

Thanks very much. Done.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭thebman

You can change the shipping address at any time via Paypal, you can store multiple addresses at the same time and select one at time of shipping but must have a default address as far as I know.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭JP Liz

Anyone else having problems trying to send money to certain email addresses lately?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Moved to Online Buying & Auctions

dudara

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭nitromaster

Hi
    So I basically was getting annoyed at sites not accepting paypal to buy things, and i came across this "paypal top-up card" which is apparntly a prepaid card which you can top up via your paypal account.
    However, small problem is it only shows up under like uk.
    So I spent a long time trying to sign up, using the belfast postcode when i was forced to enter one, etc,
    but ended in failure getting the message "you have been declined" with two reasons listed:
    1) You already have a top up card.
    2) Your details are incorrect.

Number 2 seems to be the problem..because of the post-code. Anyone know if there's a way around this?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭97i9y3941

i would had put down "NONE" or the prefix area code like 044 or something,have you not heard of 3V?,its a prepaid credit card,you buy credit for it,then on a site,like amazon you can enter the number from the issued 3v recepit and use it for the purchase..

JP Liz wrote: »
    Anyone else having problems trying to send money to certain email addresses lately?

Define "certain".
    2) Your details are incorrect.

Number 2 seems to be the problem..because of the post-code. Anyone know if there's a way around this?

Move to the UK. They don't let people outside the UK use this service, there's no way around that. Fake postal codes aren't going to cut it.

yes i was having probs sending money to the receiver myself,so i emailed and asked them was the addy they supplyed correct,they said yes,so to tried again and did not work,so to get around that problem the person i owed money to sent me a requestment for money to which i successfully paid

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭nitromaster

jor el wrote: »
    Move to the UK. They don't let people outside the UK use this service, there's no way around that. Fake postal codes aren't going to cut it.
    Hmm
    Would it be possible to get it shipped to a relative's house in the UK? (with them forwarding it onto me)
    Most money in my paypal is in pounds anyway.
    Presumably it works worldwide as a mastercard/whatever? (with fees possibly but still)

Seems like the perfect solution...with 3v cards...I'd have to transfer from my paypal to bank account (up to 8 business days apparntly).then withdraw and then buy a 3v voucher. Lot more hassle :(
    And of course there's the issue of different card numbers for each voucher, and can't really use 3v vouchers in shops. (well can in few, but the card number has to be manually entered, which some shops won't do)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭zero19

I got an email today saying my account access has been limited as i have deleted and added too many credit cards (i use 3v) has this happened anyone else? What can i do? Have emailed them explaining the 3v situation but i wonder how long it will take to be sorted, have stuff to pay for on ebay! :mad:

• Advertisement

yup it has to me,you will have to ring paypal and tell them you are using 3v cards and they will lift the limit,in future when you get a 3v credit number you have to "link and confirm" the card in paypal,the logging into 3v website get the paypal code *example 1234paypal" and go back and enter that into paypal site to confirm the card,paypal will refund the €1.50 charge within 24 hours to your account,they have to do link and confirm routine incase your card was stolen and someone was buying goods from your account..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,976 ✭✭✭profitius

I'm wondering if somebody could answer this question for me.

I've created a paypal account and I topped it up using a bank transfer. Its topped up now. I also linked my credit card to it but when I try to top up using my credit card I can't. When I press the 'top up' button it just gives the address for a bank transfer and theres no option to top it up with my credit card.

Does anybody know how I can do it? Cheers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭gaz38979

Hey hope someone can help me i bought an item off ebay about 3 months ago and never recieved due to item being lost in the post etc.. so i was emailing the seller directly and they said that they would issue a refund about a month ago which according to them would take 5-7 biz days.

But after 7 days nothing so i contacted them again, same thing happened and agin for a third time, so i went to make a claim with paypal but because it was after 45 days i cant so does anyone know any other way i can claim with paypal or what do i do??

any help appreciated..;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭samhail

profitius wrote: »
    I'm wondering if somebody could answer this question for me.

I've created a paypal account and I topped it up using a bank transfer. Its topped up now. I also linked my credit card to it but when I try to top up using my credit card I can't. When I press the 'top up' button it just gives the address for a bank transfer and theres no option to top it up with my credit card.

Does anybody know how I can do it? Cheers.

nope - Paypal will not allow us to topup from our credit card. If you want to... but it is against their terms and conditions. you could send money from your credit card to another Paypal account, then have that paypal account send it back to you. after which you will be able to access it from your account... but as i said they could close your account. (im giving you the option not telling you what to do ! :))
    (you will probably get charged for the credit card payment though so keep that in mind too)
    gaz38979 wrote: »
    Hey hope someone can help me i bought an item off ebay about 3 months ago and never recieved due to item being lost in the post etc.. so i was emailing the seller directly and they said that they would issue a refund about a month ago which according to them would take 5-7 biz days.

But after 7 days nothing so i contacted them again, same thing happened and agin for a third time, so i went to make a claim with paypal but because it was after 45 days i cant so does anyone know any other way i can claim with paypal or what do i do??

any help appreciated..;)

Once its over 45 days after the payment the dispute will automatically be deferred which is still a good thing in the long run because if the seller gets too many of those his account will be investigated and could be locked until all the disputes are handled.
    Ebay have a complaints department which is seperate from Paypal that you can make a complaint against. I havnt looked at it in a number of years so you will need to investigate further yourself.
    http://pages.ebay.co.uk/help/myinfo/complaints.html came up from a quick google search and appears to have a max of 120 quid (hopefully u didnt pay too much).

After that the only thing you can do is to take legal proceedings outside of Paypal/eBay and thats a complete other bottle of fish

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭gaz38979

Thanks for the reply i'll probably wait another week and then take different legal action.
    Ya i payed €220 for a mobile but the seller ha just under 400,000 feedback so i shouldn't be too worried its just the hassle of it draggin out so long..

Whatever you're going to do, do it now. The longer you wait, the worse it will be for you. There's no reason why they should be holding on the refund, except that they don't want to give you your money back.

There's nothing more you can do with Paypal or eBay (limits are 45 and 60 days), so don't waste your time with them. Credit card charge back is the only option now, if that's even an option.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 Forza_Dundalk

I'm just bought a €30 topup for 3v and i've been trying to send the money to paypal but i cant already, It took 5 euro off me icon_sad.gif
    could someone please tell me step by step how to send money from 3v to paypal?
    its asking me for a paypal code and i've no idea where or how to find it icon_mad.gif

will I get the 5 euros they took off me back?

You can't send money from any credit card, or 3V, to Paypal. You fund a payment directly from the card.

Thread merged.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭onelove

I've forgotten my paypal code and I requested for it to be sent to my email address. I requested this on Thursday but still haven't got a email back :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭Stercus Accidit

Hey guys,

Bought items from a webstore and payed via paypal, there was a connection fault and I couldn't return to webstore.

I have the paypal receipt but the shop hasn't sent any confirmation, so I sent them an e-mail, no word back.

If I opened a dispute, will a simple "return to webstore" error be refunded?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement