Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

*PAYPAL*PAYPAL*PAYPAL - HERE ONLY

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭97i9y3941

way i see it,if you have the recepit then its proof that you sent payment...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭Stercus Accidit

Ah yeah, but if the seller claims to have sent the items, fake tracking number and all, I could be fecked.

Surely a failure to return to webstore after payment is common, is the dispute route valid?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

Contact the shop maybe?

well,if the tracking number is fake then you should have a good case of fraud,google the business name to see is there any neg feedback from around the world?...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭Stercus Accidit

I'm just saying that's the potential.

The shop hasn't replied at all yet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,431 ✭✭✭Big Lar

Hi all,

I purchased a printer off ebay on the 17th Sept and had not recieved it on the 24th Sept, The seller said that allow 2 to 3 days for delivery so I lodged a dispute with paypal.
    From Buyer: 9/28/2009 10:23 PDT
    Grand Job, I will drop dispute on receipt of payment.

From Seller: 9/28/2009 07:27 PDT
    Sorry for the inconvenience, due to a death in the family I'm only getting to check my mail now.Unfornatanly I'm not at home as I had to travel to the US. Please accept my sincere apologies and I will issue you a refund. Im very sorry for any inconvenience caused.Kind regards,

From Buyer: 9/24/2009 08:45 PDT
    Seller was supposed to dispatch within three days.
    Have sent Ebay message, No Reply
    Have contacted Landline as is on auction page, Constantly Engaged
    Have contacted Mobile as is on auction page, Switched off.
    I will get my money back at some stage I guess,

But my question is: Can I go ahead and buy another printer or could this guy still send me the printer and I will end up with two printers ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭samhail

Have you logged into Paypal this morning ?
    if after 10 days the Seller does not respond to the complaint you will get your money back to you. Hopefully you will see that you got the refund (and if you paid from your credit card it will be credited directly back to your credit card automatically)... in which case you can go ahead and start shopping.

If you have not gotten a refund check out the status of the complaint.
    Personally i would wait to get the money back just incase the seller turns around and sends the item to you.

samhail wrote: »
    Have you logged into Paypal this morning ?
    if after 10 days the Seller does not respond to the complaint you will get your money back to you.

Only if you instigate a claim. If you're still in the dispute phase, the dispute will automatically close after 10 days, unless the buyer escalates to a claim. If the dispute closes, it cannot be re-opened.

jor el wrote: »
    Only if you instigate a claim. If you're still in the dispute phase, the dispute will automatically close after 10 days, unless the buyer escalates to a claim. If the dispute closes, it cannot be re-opened.

Claim escalated

Thanks Jor el

Can I go ahead and buy another printer now ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭samhail

ill let jor_el advise on this one so.
    its been 3 years since i worked for Paypal so things have obviously changed.
    (think that process actually rings a bell too)

• Advertisement

Once you initiate a claim, you're looking for a full or partial refund, and nothing else. Don't close the dispute, and if he doesn't send the refund within 10 days, Paypal will automatically issue the refund. You should be able to buy another printer now if you wish, but you will not get the refund for the other one until after 10 days, unless the seller issues it sooner.

What speed !

€84.99 Deposited to my paypal 1.30pm - Full Refund.
    :D

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭The Mighty Dubs

Hi,

I have a paypal account and i have received a payment for a service i did. i want to be able to transfer some of that money into a bank account of somebody i owe a few quid to. What is the easiest most cost effective way of doing this as PayPal have already taken a cut of the money i initially received.

Take out the money, lodge it to their account.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,979 ✭✭✭Vurnon San Benito

Hey guys, I've searched for this answer to this question but I'd never got a clear answer.

I've verified my PayPal account and I'm awaiting a letter in the post with the PIN to refund my €1.50 and inevitably verify my account for the want of a better phrase.

How long does it usually take for the letter to arrive?
    I linked my Credit Card on Sunday and now it's Thursday, thought it would be here about now, but I'll probably receive it this time next week?

Anyone know about the times?
    And I'm from Mayo too :D

Doocey.

statements are monthly arent they?,if you have an online banking you could had logged in and checked there...

You don't get a letter. The verification number will be on your credit card statement, next to the Paypal transaction.

Ah right.
    They said they were sending a letter but you're probably right, it's in the Monthly Statement.
    However, is my account verified anyway? Or do I have to use the pin before I can start spending on sites that require a verified account?
    Thanks for the help,
    Doocey.

If they require payment from a verified member, then you'll have to wait.

Ah right.
    I'm actually trying to deposit to Paddy Power.
    The fact I've linked a credit card, does it mean I'm now verified and the PIN I'll receive is only for the refund of €1.50?
    Thanks for the help.
    Doocey

• Advertisement

yup the refund of 1.50 will be brought back to your paypal account,the thing on the statement you would be looking for would be something like "1234paypal"..

Yeah, bit annoying though.
    Have to wait until my next statement, which'll take ages and I wanted to place an accumulator this weekend :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 316 ✭✭reverandkenjami

Argh!!! Bloody paypal!! Sold two thing on ebay recently - paypal have locked my account until i provide them with invoices to show proof of ownership of the goods!! The receipts are long gone and paypal basically said tough s*it :mad::mad::mad:

how did you pay for the goods?,if you had a credit card *which i doubt you did otherwise you woundnt be here*,you could shown the statement as proof as recepit

Fred83 wrote: »
    how did you pay for the goods?,if you had a credit card *which i doubt you did otherwise you woundnt be here*,you could shown the statement as proof as recepit

Paid with cash!! Bought them in peats almost a year ago!! Stupid people :mad:

unfortantly mate i can see paypals side to it,im sure there a potential to be alot of stolen stuff be sold on ebay so they have to becareful to avoid been sued,anyways,if i was in your situation,i probably close down my account and reopen it again with a different email *maybe someone has a better idea what to do...

Fred83 wrote: »
    unfortantly mate i can see paypals side to it,im sure there a potential to be alot of stolen stuff be sold on ebay so they have to becareful to avoid been sued,anyways,if i was in your situation,i probably close down my account and reopen it again with a different email *maybe someone has a better idea what to do...

Won't let ya close it :D

Argh!!! Bloody paypal!! Sold two thing on ebay recently - paypal have locked my account until i provide them with invoices to show proof of ownership of the goods!! The receipts are long gone and paypal basically said tough s*it :mad::mad::mad:

Tell them that since you sold the goods, you don't own them anymore, and can't prove ownership. Also tell them to release YOUR money or you'll sue them. This is your money after all, and unless Paypal have some sort of proof that the goods weren't yours to sell, tell them where to go.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭onelove

I verified my card a couple of days ago and I've got 27 euro in my 3v account but when I log into paypal it says I only have 3 euro
    :confused:

• Advertisement

The money doesn't get transferred from your card in to Paypal.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement