Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

*PAYPAL*PAYPAL*PAYPAL - HERE ONLY

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,710 ✭✭✭RoadKillTs

but for withdrawing funds, which ive never done yet is it necessary to have the bank account verified, or shud it suffice with just the details ive entered for it on paypal

It's been a while since I setup my account but im prity sure you just have to verify the credit card and not the bank account you will be withdrawing to.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭Jack burton

Does anybody know how to make a transfer to paypal using Aib internet banking, cant seem to figure out how to do it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 245 ✭✭Carne

Does anybody know how to make a transfer to paypal using Aib internet banking, cant seem to figure out how to do it

First login to your Paypal account and go to the 'Top up account' section. This contains all the info you need for the transfer. Note your 'Transfer ID' this is the most important bit. You'll also need a Code Card from AIB, if you don't have one you can apply online for one for free.

- Once your on AIB Internet Banking go to 'Transfer & Payments' and click on 'I want to transfer money to another ROI account'.

- Select the account you want to transfer money out of and for the message to appear on your statement I usually enter PAYPAL.

- Select make a new payment, and now you'll have to enter your Paypal details:

Receiver NSC = Bank code (Sorting Code)
    Receiver account number = Account Number
    Message to appear on receiver statement = Your Transfer ID

Enter the amount you want to transfer and click next and next again (I don't bother saving the details). Now you'll have to enter a code from your code card and click confirm. You'll be asked to enter another code for security reasons and once that's done you'll get a confirmation message.

Note: It will take about 3 to 4 working days before it will show up in your Paypal account.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭Jack burton

Thats great, thanks carne

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭-=al=-

RoadKillTs wrote: »
    It's been a while since I setup my account but im prity sure you just have to verify the credit card and not the bank account you will be withdrawing to.

thats all good thanks for the info, i shall post back in a week or so and see if it all works

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭spockpower

I got a E30 3V voucher today.

Paypal has taken the 1.50 out of my balance.

I confirmed the card, so does anybody know how long it takes for them to refund the 1.50 back to my 3v account??

Also this is showing up in my 3V account : PAYPAL 35314369001 GB $1. 98c

I need exactly 30 for what i am paying for so this is annoying that they have taken another 98c out of my account for something.

Can i refund this 98c as well.

Thanks for any help. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭97i9y3941

€1.50 is refunded to your paypal account within 24 hours,not sure about the 98cent thingy,you might have to buy another top up unfortantly..

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭spockpower

Fred83 wrote: »
    €1.50 is refunded to your paypal account within 24 hours,not sure about the 98cent thingy,you might have to buy another top up unfortantly..

I have got the 1.50 refunded to my paypal account.

Is there anyway to either transfer the 1.50 from paypal to 3V or transfer the rest of my 3V voucher to paypal. :confused:

Appreciate any help.

no not that i know of,the 1.50 stays on your paypal account and when you purchase something through a site that takes paypal the 1.50 will be subtracted from your final price since paypal will use that to part pay your purchase

as for your 3v,paypal will see that voucher if its added to your card section and will use that for rest of funds if you are short

Got the activation code from BOI today and gave it a whirl, so handy if it works... should know in a few days if its all good

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,584 ✭✭✭PCPhoto

I've been trying to pay for an Ebay item using my credit card - and it wont let me.

I'm a verified member on Paypal and have completed plenty of international transactions, in this case I'm purchasing a camera from Oz for approx €4K - the credit card has enough space.

Paypal says "This card cannot be used for this transaction. You can complete the checkout with another debit or credit card. Please enter your new card information below."

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭Topsnakebite

Ok i have a problem i transfered money from my 365 account to my paypal account around 9 days ago and the funds still havent come into my paypal account what can i do i worried that the money might not get to my paypal account.

It should only take a few days. I'd ring your bank. Maybe there was a typo or something in the Paypal details. Have you transferred from the BOI account before?

no i havent but i gave the paypal account details then i had to wait a few days so they could confirm the account then they sent out a letter to say it was confirmed and i transfered the money

took 4 days... all seemed to go through today, thanks ya'll

anyone know the transaction fee for paypal? just curious regarding ebay items after the total and shipping is inclided, i usually jus add a few $ over the final price for paypal, but if theres an exact percentage would be handy, or even anything involving their conversion rates

anyone know the transaction fee for paypal?

3.4% + 35 cent

thx, yer all so learnive

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭dillo2k10

Does any one know if the problems with ulsterbanks debit card and paypal were fixed? My card starts with 431931

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭jap gt

hi guys. im selling on the internet mainly donedeal, i have a paypal account, but i only use it for buying. i would like to start getting my money through paypal. how does this work, also does the money paid go onto the credit card on the paypal account

• Advertisement

if your selling on ebay,in your listing you put down the paypal registered email address you use to which users would send payment to,the money goes onto your paypal account,you can enter your bank account details into your paypal account if you want to transfer money there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭jap gt

if your selling on ebay,in your listing you put down the paypal registered email address you use to which users would send payment to,the money goes onto your paypal account,you can enter your bank account details into your paypal account if you want to transfer money there.

i dont use ebay, as the things im selling are only in ireland. the way i understand it is. once i get an order i send a payment request to the person and once they pay it goes to my bank account/credit card

that is correct aswell :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

jap gt wrote: »
    i dont use ebay, as the things im selling are only in ireland. the way i understand it is. once i get an order i send a payment request to the person and once they pay it goes to my bank account/credit card

No, the money doesn't go to your bank account or credit card, it stays in your Paypal account. You can transfer it to a bank account, but not a credit card. You can either request the payment, or they can just send the payment if they have your email address.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭Fol20

Iv sold a good few things on adverts at this stage,many of which have been paid for using paypal.I was wondering how does the paypal gift system work.

Who pays the fees and what are the catches involved.

I know adverts doesnt support the gift way but i suppose since i have a good bit of positive feedback,im pretty reliable to send the item at this stage.

Gift payments aren't available in Ireland.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

jor el wrote: »
    Gift payments aren't available in Ireland.
    Really? Are you sure?

Cause I sent money from my mum's PayPal to my PayPal as a gift and I had no fee's either.:confused: I did this before Xmas. We are both in Ireland.

It seems to have changed now. When Gift was first introduced, there were no fees, and it wasn't available everywhere. There is a fee associated with it now, which the sender can choose to pay, or they can let it come out of the money the recipient gets. There is no fee if the money comes from your Paypal balance though.
    https://www.paypal.com/ie/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_display-fees

• Closed Accounts Posts: 73 ✭✭jimw1988

I have a bank draft from bank of Ireland and want to somehow get the draft into my paypal account?can I just bring it to the post office?Will they do it?

What would the Post Office be able to do? If it's a non-crossed draft, they might cash it, but that's not a guarantee. Even then, that doesn't help you.

You can transfer money from your bank account into Paypal, if you follow the instructions given by Paypal. That's the only way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 73 ✭✭jimw1988

Right so, I dont have a credit card!!!!!!!Is it possible for me to go into bank of Ireland, fill out say a transfer funds form so I can transfer money from my bank account to my paypal account with the details that paypal have given me for my account?????

• Advertisement

You don't need a credit card for this. You just need to transfer the money, using the details provided by Paypal. I don't know if you can do a bank to bank credit transfer though, some banks don't allow this in branch any more. They prefer you to use online banking.

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭fmoy

hi, how do i confirm my 3v card to get the refund OF 2.50. they say i have to check my bank statement to get the 4 digit code. as there is no statement with a 3v card where do i confirm this.?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭samhail

have you considered looking at your 3v account at the statement there ?
    and bear in mind that you wont get a refund... you will get your 2.50 taken off your next purchase.

Seems some people have claimed to have gotten a refund, but I've never seen it myself. It may be weeks and weeks before you see it, and maybe it only happens if you don't make any purchases.

not too bothered about the refund really but would just like to confirm my account. any way of getting this code from using a 3 card.?

seriously... i kid you not my friend... goto www.3v.ie and log into your account and look at the transactions on that card. should be there.

I have seen the refund go through on my account and others. first i heard of it not being refunded, will have to keep an ear out.

ok, found it now. thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

In terms of PayPal, does anyone know if there is a set amount of money from which PayPal will start "pending" in your account

I sold two items this week on PayPal for around 40/50 and PayPal is holding the money for 21 days

I'm wondering, if I sell items at 10/20 then will PayPal just let me have the money straight after the buyer pays

I have great feedback and never had a problem but I am out of pocket everytime I have to pay for shipping without using PayPal and going to An Post or Royal Mail and just once I'd like to have some money in my PayPal account when someone buys my items from me, instead of having to wait about a week or two or until they leave feedback!

i think its down to security reasons,and methods the buyer paid with,along with general transfer of money,what i usually do when im selling is i put down "items will be shipped when payment is cleared" ,least then they know there be a slight delay..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,045 ✭✭✭ttm

i think its down to security reasons,and methods the buyer paid with,along with general transfer of money,what i usually do when im selling is i put down "items will be shipped when payment is cleared" ,least then they know there be a slight delay..

Slight delay? 21 days would be a bit more than a slight delay I think? If I was waiting that long I'd have opened a dispute and left negative feedback before you'd even thought about sending the item.

My guess is Motley Crue has his PayPal account linked to a Bank Account or some other account that PayPal can't "charge back" if things go wrong.

• Advertisement

i remember when someone paided me with an e cheque,dreading it would bounce,took so long to clear.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

In terms of PayPal, does anyone know if there is a set amount of money from which PayPal will start "pending" in your account

I sold two items this week on PayPal for around 40/50 and PayPal is holding the money for 21 days

I'm wondering, if I sell items at 10/20 then will PayPal just let me have the money straight after the buyer pays

I have great feedback and never had a problem but I am out of pocket everytime I have to pay for shipping without using PayPal and going to An Post or Royal Mail and just once I'd like to have some money in my PayPal account when someone buys my items from me, instead of having to wait about a week or two or until they leave feedback!
    From PayPal's website.
    PayPal Payment Holds

Payment hold - a longer definition

A payment hold is an amount of money that belongs to you, set aside by PayPal, while we make sure that your customers are satisfied. The funds for payments received are held temporarily as a pending balance in your account, and released at the end of the given hold timeframe. The funds may be released early if PayPal determines that the transaction has been fulfilled and your customers are satisfied.
    Why does PayPal use payment holds?

Payment holds ensure that sellers have sufficient funds in their account if, for example, a customer files a dispute. This allows PayPal to provide a fast and secure payment service to you and your customers while keeping our prices competitive.

We know this is a change in the way we do business with you and we hope you understand that, if you incur a payment hold, you haven’t done anything wrong. In deciding whether to apply payment holds, we review many factors including transaction activity, business type, and customer disputes.

More information on the link I provided.

HTH.

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭bobboberson

hey
    iam trying to use papal with out a visa or mastercard, i only have an aib laser/mestro card any idea if / how it can be done

Cheers
    Anthony

They don't accept Laser cards. You can transfer money directly from your bank, or use a pre-paid credit card.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 TotsD

When paying through pay-pal should i use pay-pay's currency converter or let my credit card company do it? Which one would have a better rate or is their any difference?

your credit cards converter

They don't accept Laser cards. You can transfer money directly from your bank, or use a pre-paid credit card.
    last time i done this the money didnt make it to the paypal account the money was gone for atleast a month

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,835 ✭✭✭CamperMan

I pay out €850 for an item on eBay and the item was not as described and was not shipped out to me, the seller sent a full refund and it shows in my PayPal account as "Pending" PayPal says it will be 7 to 9 business days before it's credited to my account, WTF... :mad: 7 to 9 business days, f*ck me why does it take so long?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Seller doesn't have your money and is sending it via an echeque. Sellers can't refund from a CC

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,111 ✭✭✭peanuthead

There are no fees for sending money, just receiving. The seller may apply a fee to you, to cover his Paypal fees, and this is probably what it refers to.

Can you tell me what the fees are for receiving money?

I just tried this out with the bro for a laugh and he transferred 50c to me. I was charged 37c of that amount to receive it!! :eek::eek::eek:

Is there a percentage charge for receiving money or just a standard charge?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement