Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

E71 - Crashing

• 06-04-2009 10:19am
    Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Does any of the E71 users have any issues with their phone constantly restarting itself on a regular basis? Firmware is 210.21.006. Seems to be an issue with the firmware as its only happening since I upgraded.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭strecker

Sully wrote: »
    Does any of the E71 users have any issues with their phone constantly restarting itself on a regular basis? Firmware is 210.21.006. Seems to be an issue with the firmware as its only happening since I upgraded.
    No. Got the same fw.
    The only problem I have encountered is that after long opera mini sessions, the app will just close and restart the phone!
    was your phone sim free?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

It was a Vodafone branded phone (originally o2 but due to issues after a fw upgrade they replaced it with a Vodafone one) officaly debranded in store by Nokia. Worked fine until I upgraded the fw.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

Happened to me atleast once a day, mostly when trying to read a long email in mail for exchange. But sometimes when the phone was idle, it would just reboot itself for no reason. I also had a problem where the menu button would also load nothing.

Ended up reflashing the firmware using the nokia updater. Seems stable so far.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭elderlemon

I have the same firmware with no problems ( the odd crash maybe once every week or every 2 weeks). Mine was a sim free unbranded phone but don't know if that makes a difference.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,250 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

mine maybe crashes (freezes) once every 2/3 weeks maybe, it's pretty rare...the phone does definatly not turn itself off, it never has..
    I never changed the firmware and it's running fine...
    3 Firmware... 100.07.76 (08/06/2008)

might me time for a trip back to the repair center Sully, it shouldn't be switiching on and off, I thought that feature was nearly exclusive to sony...

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Aye ill bring it back (again). It just seems to be fairly random so I cant put my finger on whats causing it (bar the firmware upgrade)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,250 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

when mine crashed it was usually signally related, it dosen't seem to like jumping networks quickly, 3g, 3.5g, voda, back to 3, back to voda back to 3.5g (all in the space of a minute)...battery out time......I was usually in the middle of making a call....

Advertisement