Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Homebond

Options
  • 06-04-2009 10:42am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 675 ✭✭✭

can someone help me out with this please. bought a house a couple of years ago, we came home on Sat night to find water seeping up from under the kitchen floor. automatically assuming it was the washing machine, we then noticed there was dampness on the wall and a dripping noise. only recently we had the shower fitted in the en-suite and traced the problem back to there. we had someone have a look at it and they say the only place it could be coming from is the drainage/waste, where the water goes down the drain.

now the question, does home bond cover this?? i rang the builder and he's gonna come and have a look at it this afternoon. is there anything i should know before he comes?? not that he will, but just to make sure he doesn't pull a fast one.

thanks in advance

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,064 ✭✭✭Gurgle

Homebond covers the structural integrity of the house only.

It seems quite obvious that whoever fitted the shower in your en-suite made a mess of the drainage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 675 ✭✭✭poindexter

Gurgle wrote: »
    Homebond covers the structural integrity of the house only.

It seems quite obvious that whoever fitted the shower in your en-suite made a mess of the drainage.

how so?? he fitted a shower, there are no problems at all here. the leak is coming from under the base of the shower which was put down with the rest of the house when i bought it. the guy who fitted the shower had no need to be near the drainage which is in behind the plasterboard. why would he be?? the problem is between the upstairs floor and the walls/ceiling downstairs. isn't that the structure?

Advertisement