Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Help with gas oven please?

• 06-04-2009 10:48am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 948 ✭✭✭

Hi All,
    I'm having some trouble with a gas oven. It was working fine up to recently and nothing unusual has happened. Here's what I know: -
    1) The gas is flowing fine (Hobs work)
    2) Power is working (iginition on the hobs work and the power going to the oven is fine)
    3) No tripped fuses
    4) When the main cooker switch (on the wall) is powered on, normally a little digital display lights on the front of the oven. This has now stopped.
    5) When the oven is switched on, the fan part of the oven starts (so power is getting to the oven) but no gas/ignition.

I'm thinking maybe some sort of PCB/control box has failed? I opened up the back of the oven and see a box just beside where the power enters the oven. The box is about the size of pack of 20 cigarettes and has 'Kigass Electronics' on it. Could it be this that needs replacing?
    I was thinking it could be gas only related, but that doesn't explain the display not lighting up.

Any help would be great.

PS, the make and model is: "Stoves Newhome GL616"

Cheers,

DC

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭Joey the lips

If this is the gas oven with the electric switching it could be the solenoid valve has failed. It usually is a failsafe closed.

I would not rec you try any of this work yourself but contact the manufacturer

• Registered Users Posts: 2 ronandol

I am having a problem with my 'Stoves Newhome GL616' oven. Do you remember how you got your issue resolved? Our oven is broken and I am trying to figure out who I can contact to fix it. I live in D15 also.

Thanks

Advertisement