Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iPod replacement not working

Options
  • 06-04-2009 11:23am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,753 ✭✭✭

I recently got my 160gb ipod replaced after 8-9 months of use because it wasn't working properly. Now the replacement is showing a very similar problem and after having sent it away I'm told that there is no problem. But there is, not only using my computer but others as well so Ive ruled out my computer and ipod cable as the fault.

My question is would I have a leg to stand on in the small claims court as they have provided an unsatisfactory replacement (ie it doesnt work) or would I be better off getting on to Apple again? I bought the ipod directly from them so I cant go to a bricks and mortar shop about it.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭snappieT

Get onto Apple once more, tell them you're not satisfied and will take further steps to resolve your problem if necessary. Do this in a registered letter, and give them 2 weeks to respond (noting that in the letter). File a claim with the small claims court after the 2 weeks if you still aren't satisfied.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,753 ✭✭✭fitz0

thanks Im going to include a few pictures showing the error messages and whatnot or should I leave that sort of stuff for the reply? Would anyone know where the offices for Apple are in Dublin?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭snappieT

None in Dublin, Apple is based out of Cork.

Apple Sales International
    Hollyhill Industrial Estate
    Hollyhill, Cork
    Republic of Ireland

I don't think you need the pictures, just type the exact error message in your letter, should be enough.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,067 ✭✭✭tallaghtoutlaws

fitz0 wrote: »
    thanks Im going to include a few pictures showing the error messages and whatnot or should I leave that sort of stuff for the reply? Would anyone know where the offices for Apple are in Dublin?

These guys look after Apple products under warranty.

http://www.mactivate.ie/index.html based in Blanch

When I had a problem with mine Apple gave me their details. But I kicked up a fuss as the engineer who looked at my ipod was either blind or a monkey as they said they couldnt see the problem with my ipod. So apple sent the UPS dude back out took back my ipod and replaced it. Call them and ask for a supervisor and explain to him nicely your problems.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,753 ✭✭✭fitz0

snappieT wrote: »
    None in Dublin, Apple is based out of Cork.

Apple Sales International
    Hollyhill Industrial Estate
    Hollyhill, Cork
    Republic of Ireland

I don't think you need the pictures, just type the exact error message in your letter, should be enough.

Cheers. The only problem is that it only gives an error message some of the time. More often it just stops and freezes up.
    These guys look after Apple products under warranty.

http://www.mactivate.ie/index.html based in Blanch

When I had a problem with mine Apple gave me their details. But I kicked up a fuss as the engineer who looked at my ipod was either blind or a monkey as they said they couldnt see the problem with my ipod. So apple sent the UPS dude back out took back my ipod and replaced it. Call them and ask for a supervisor and explain to him nicely your problems.

I've had UPS to my door three times now, the first time the customer rep somehow mistook my list of problems for "It wont turn on" and I got the "No repair necessary" letter, the second time I got a refurb (I assume so anyway) and the last time I got no repair necessary so Im running out of patience with them.

Looks like mactivate.ie charge as well. At least Apple ignore me for free. I've spent enough money on this ipod already to have to spend another 30 quid just to get it working. Thanks anyway Ill ring them just to suss it out.

• Advertisement
Advertisement