Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Man Utd vs FC Porto

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,435 ✭✭✭✭redout

Headshot wrote: »
    and hears me thinking a couple of weeks back that Evans could be 1st choice someday

headshot what were you thinking

Aye brother, you should listened to me them weeks ago. He wasnt good on sunday either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,384 ✭✭✭Highsider

Headshot wrote: »
    who else is there

all the proper Rbs are injured

so do some homework first
    Yeah Ok so.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,777 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

Evra, Rooney and Fletch doing ok. Everyone else is a fcuking shambles.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,291 ✭✭✭eclectichoney

jesus this is honestly the worst I've seen us play.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,678 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

redout wrote: »
    Aye brother, you should listened to me them weeks ago. He wasnt good on sunday either.

I know

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,407 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Wow, Porto should be two goals clear. They are pwning this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

redout wrote: »

He did well on Sunday I thought.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,824 ✭✭✭ShooterSF

FFS O'Shea if you're CB has a striker hovering around him do ot pass it back to him. Think I learned that before I could walk...

keane2097 wrote: »
    Evra, Rooney and Fletch doing ok. Everyone else is a fcuking shambles.

tbh i dont any of them are playing that well but if i was forced id pick the above too

poor paul just doesnt have it anymore,really sad to see

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 16,595 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

Jeez, I thought the late win on Sunday might turn Utds season around, but they have been absolutely shocking. Porto could be 3 or 4 up with better finishing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

George Hamiltion
    Does he play for Man United
    Commenting on a bad Helton kickout :mad:

He did well on Sunday I thought.

No United defender did well on sunday !

few boos from the home fans.

Porto having it very easy at the mo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

Scholes has been dreadful

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,598 ✭✭✭ferdi

lovely thru ball

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,459 ✭✭✭T-b0n3

Love it Vidic :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭ironingbored

Porto look very dangerous and would be worth being 2 goals up.

Fletcher looking for a peno there. If a porto player did that they'd be saying typical mediterraneans.
    PS: Villareal 1 up

Hope we can get to half time without conceeding tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,068 ✭✭✭yermandan

Carrick seems to have lost all of his confidence and it is so sad to see Scholes going downhill so quickly like he has. I'd say he still has a few decent performances left in him though....

thats better lads.

• Advertisement

utd are coming back into it slowly but surely

What a terrible dive from Park

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,646 ✭✭✭cooker3

I fear Porto will regret not killing of the tie in the first half and make no mistake they really could have killed it off if they took their chances.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Folks, just a reminder that if you are going to post updates on the Arsenal game then please USE SPOILERS.

Cheers

United playing better now somewhat - hopefully Porto tire after pressurizing United so high up the pitch throughout the first half...

Porto getting serious joy down the left wing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,711 ✭✭✭kaisersose77

they just need to bring on nani and neville and make a bad team even worse!

Big clearout needed in the summer, people noticing now in the big televised games that they've being ****e. But they've being ****e all season and getting 1 nil wins. Defence was playing well earlier this season but midfield and attack was always ****e.

watchin this down in Melbourne in my sisters gaff. Cant believe its on local TV here at 4.45am..And I spent hours looking for a decent stream!!

On topic, we are improving but Porto could nick one easily, Josh is havin a mare

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,457 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Shocking performance from United in the first half, worse than the Villa performance imo. not even able to pass the ball. So disappointing. Also, I'm taking a real dislike to Park. He is Tevez with no end product and worse technique.

yermandan wrote: »
    watchin this down in Melbourne in my sisters gaff. Cant believe its on local TV here at 4.45am..And I spent hours looking for a decent stream!!

SBS rules

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Big clearout needed in the summer, people noticing now in the big televised games that they've being ****e. But they've being ****e all season and getting 1 nil wins. Defence was playing well earlier this season but midfield and attack was always ****e.

What the hell is this crap.

Haha....

Hulk v Ogre there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

harsh. Like Liverpool, nearly every United game is televised so that argument doesn't hold up.
    But calling them sh*te doesn't reflect well on yourself. They've been overhyped that's all

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,407 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Hulk is aptly named imo.

fair play Rooney

playing very well so far if only you had a proper striker up with ya

VDS causing a lot of problems with his terrible distribution putting the team under immense pressure...

• Subscribers Posts: 16,595 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

cooker3 wrote: »
    I fear Porto will regret not killing of the tie in the first half and make no mistake they really could have killed it off if they took their chances.

agreed, you have to take your chances when so much on top. going in 1-1 after being well on top having a pile of chances and gifting them a goal doesn't reflect well on Porto. You have to figure Utd will be better once Ferguson makes some changes and gives them the hairdryer at half time.

Xavi6 wrote: »
    SBS rules

The commentator isnt half bad either Xavi is he?? Knows his stuff and easy on the ear!!! I was expecting a shocker (commentary, not the teams performance)

We havent a hope of winning anything else this season if this keeps up, its now very worrying. Kiko can do fook all about the whole team's slump. I wonder if there is any un-reported dressing room unrest?

would like to see another striker come on

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Absorbing half, utd are damned lucky Porto had one blooper and Rooney was quick enough to capitalise. Shocking defending/distribution/passing/etc! Sissoko seems to have a cannon where his left foot should be.

Fletcher and Rooney holding things together.

Maybe change Tevez for Scholes and go with Fletch and Carrick in the middle?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,824 ✭✭✭ShooterSF

:(

Park playing like the old "bought to sell merchandise" Park. Scholes misplacing passes. JOS and Evans wreckin my nerves. Carrick hasn't played well since returning from injury.

Hopefully Tevez can put in 30 minutes and get Scholes off. Maybe even :shudder: introduce Nani for Park to attack a Porto team that will tire from closing so high up the pitch.

united cant play that bad in the 2nd half. Rooney playing well.

O'shea is a shambles tonight

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,106 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

christ, i can't get over how bad manu have been for the past few weeks! Tonight is as bad as i've ever seen them, only rooney looks the quality player he is. Absolutely gifted the goal, so so lucky.

United have been pure gash in the first half. TBH they have looked all over the place since liverpool hammered them at home. Lucky that are playing a poor side tonight.

• Advertisement

Park is an absolute facepalm of a player. His "workrate" is shockingly directionless and pointless. We'd be infinitely better with Tevez on.

rarnes1 wrote: »
    united cant play that bad in the 2nd half. Rooney playing well.

O'shea is a shambles tonight

rarnes1 he's been a shambles for a long time

dear god i miss raf or brown

yermandan wrote: »
    The commentator isnt half bad either Xavi is he?? Knows his stuff and easy on the ear!!! I was expecting a shocker (commentary, not the teams performance)

Yeah not bad, but it's in the studio where they have shockers. Craig Foster isn't the worst but that Tony Palumbo annoys the fuck outta me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,110 ✭✭✭Y2J_MUFC

This is awful, awful stuff.

Fletcher and Rooney are the only ones doing anyway decent. I'd have Carrick off, Tevez on, Fletcher in the middle. Ronaldo should stick to the right, I'd give Park 15 mins to get the finger out. Nani couldn't be any worse if he is brought out.

Jesus I am watching the Porto goal from about 5 different angles and Evans was appalling.

• Advertisement
Advertisement