Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Random/General Chat Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭Jason Todd

I know! Lol! There was worse pics I could have used in fairness to him! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Walked past the Holy Ghost apartments (Cork and Tramore road junction) and I see they have got shiny new gates with electronic keypad access. Has there been trouble recently?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

mike65 wrote: »
    Walked past the Holy Ghost apartments (Cork and Tramore road junction) and I see they have got shiny new gates with electronic keypad access. Has there been trouble recently?

Its rented out to people who just have to keep an eye on it for an estate keeping company. No longer a retreat house!

• Registered Users Posts: 42 waterford1

Sully wrote: »
    mike65 wrote: »

Its rented out to people who just have to keep an eye on it for an estate keeping company. No longer a retreat house!

Say your thinking of gracedieu house on the tramore road sully, holy ghost is the one next to spar manor village !!!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

waterford1 wrote: »
    Say your thinking of gracedieu house on the tramore road sully, holy ghost is the one next to spar manor village !!!

Ah yeah sorry :o

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,558 ✭✭✭seven_eleven

Anybody know what happened up at ballybricken yesterday?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

Anybody know what happened up at ballybricken yesterday?

I passed down and the bus stop area was closed off for work. On my way back up about an hour later, that whole section of road (the Chinese to The Keogh Pracitice) was closed off with two fire engines and vans from Bord Gais and Byrne Gas. So I was guessing someone hit a gas pipe or something like that.

^^^ Yeah, Damien Tiernan confirmed by Twitter it was a gas leak iirc.

Did anyone hear that a lot of the amusements in Tramore packed in last night temporarily? My missus was there for the fireworks and said a lot of the machines stopped mid-movement and there was a few people panicking God love them! Something to do with fuses at one of the main boxes she was told, but someone else told her the mains box was tampered with. She did say there was a lot of scumbags down around last night...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭deisemum

Oh dear, there was a right ding dong between 2 women in their late 40's/early 50's in the car park of Ardkeen Quality Food Stores around 2.30pm. Very unbecoming language. :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭wellboytoo

deisemum wrote: »
    Oh dear, there was a right ding dong between 2 women in their late 40's/early 50's in the car park of Ardkeen Quality Food Stores around 2.30pm. Very unbecoming language. :rolleyes:

Oh tell us more? affairs of the heart?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭deisemum

I don't know what it was about but they both seemed to know each other and one was in the other woman's face pointing her finger at her and calling her "a f**King evil b1tch" amongst other things and was following the woman to her car where they continued their "disagreement".

I couldn't wait to see what developed as I was in a rush but it was heard across the car park.

deisemum wrote: »
    I don't know what it was about but they both seemed to know each other and one was in the other woman's face pointing her finger at her and calling her "a f**King evil b1tch" amongst other things and was following the woman to her car where they continued their "disagreement".

I couldn't wait to see what developed as I was in a rush but it was heard across the car park.

Screw that. Whatever else I had on would have been put right on hold. It's not everyday you get to see a fight between two older women!

"fcuking evil b1tch" is fairly strong, isn't it. Must have been something juicy haha!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭JohnMarston

Attention dog owners: Keep your dog on a leash in the peoples park. Three dogs from three different owners ran out in front of me while i'm goin for a jog. The owners look bewildered and just apologise. Almost done my ankle in dodging one :mad:

If you're one of these people, stop being inconsiderate, keep your dogs under control

Will someone shut up that damned house/car alarm somewhere in Cherrymount!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 3,645 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beeker

Anyone have any idea where i could buy a pair of 3D glasses in Waterford.
    I am looking for the ones with the two different coloured lens. I want to view 3D images on a computer screen from Google maps.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,636 ✭✭✭south

NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN of the decision of Kilkenny County Council to close to Public Traffic, the following roads on Monday the 8th October 2012 to Friday 2nd November 2012 to facilitate works on the M9 Knocktopher to Powerstown road scheme.

http://www.kilkennycoco.ie/eng/RSSLatestNewsAndAnnouncements/Motorway_Closure_-_M9_from_Junction_7_Paulstown_to_Junction_9_Danesfort_.30204.shortcut.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,558 ✭✭✭seven_eleven

Heard there was a big fire up in Ferrybank last night. Anyone hear anything?

Ard Ri/ Jury's Hotel has smoke pouring out the top of it... again!

Hi all, shameless self-promotion post: they are looking for people to design a boards.ie t-shirt, I have an entry in here.

It is not judged on thanks as far as I know, there is a panel deciding, but just in case there is some sort of shortlist that goes by thanks, maybe some Waterford boardsies could pop over and see if they like it enough to give it a 'thanks'! I won't be offended if you thank other tshirts too honest, lol

Thanks
    :o

Jason Todd wrote: »
    Hi all, shameless self-promotion post: they are looking for people to design a boards.ie t-shirt, I have an entry in here.

It is not judged on thanks as far as I know, there is a panel deciding, but just in case there is some sort of shortlist that goes by thanks, maybe some Waterford boardsies could pop over and see if they like it enough to give it a 'thanks'! I won't be offended if you thank other tshirts too honest, lol

Thanks

Arah you got a plug on a local printers facebook page :P

• Advertisement

looked across to the mountains this morning and there was snow on the highest parts!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭Dicky Pride

"Threatened to kill taxi driver and Garda"

Page 3 of the news and star this week.

I haven't been as angry reading a court piece in a very long time. Scumbag.

"Threatened to kill taxi driver and Garda"

Page 3 of the news and star this week.

I haven't been as angry reading a court piece in a very long time. Scumbag.

I try not to read that page (or is it pages now?!), it is depressing reading, and never fails to shock me what goes on in the City that I might never see or hear about, from even the most 'respectable' of areas sometimes too. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Any news on the witmas? Well besides the broken railing at the foundry

Any news on the witmas? Well besides the broken railing at the foundry

Just passed through town and it was mobbed. The usual sh1t of people walking out in front of cars etc but didn't see any bother. Besides the broken railing at The Foundry, that is.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,024 ✭✭✭gw80

nkay1985 wrote: »
    Just passed through town and it was mobbed. The usual sh1t of people walking out in front of cars etc but didn't see any bother. Besides the broken railing at The Foundry, that is.

i was working last night, what a bunch of morons, one bouncer got split open with a bottle, another got one thrown at him, and these are students, you wouldnt see this when "normals" as iv heard students call people who dont go to college go out, one guy just whipped it out and pissed on a public phone, id say about 50% of these idiots dont deserve to be in college, i met a younger brother of a friend of mine who,s family are not any way well off and to look at him im sure a lot of people wouldnt like to meet him in a dark ally way, i met him at about 11.30 he had some grub with him and told me he was on his way home as he was in college early the next day. im sorry but some of these students have,nt two brain cells in there heads.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭Dicky Pride

I'm fed up of looking at the tesco diesel thread at the top of the forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,739 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

I'm fed up of looking at the tesco diesel thread at the top of the forum.

Brilliant! (not that this is a great post either!)

Definitely a slow-news month on here alright. Although, you know what they say, no news is good news. I'd rather float around here than join the madness in the Liverpool forum, that's for sure. Mike knows what I'm talking about! ;)

Anyone know where I could by a glue gun? Nothing fancy, just something for arts and crafts?!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,657 ✭✭✭Whatsisname

Jason Todd wrote: »
    Definitely a slow-news month on here alright. Although, you know what they say, no news is good news. I'd rather float around here than join the madness in the Liverpool forum, that's for sure. Mike knows what I'm talking about! ;)

Anyone know where I could by a glue gun? Nothing fancy, just something for arts and crafts?!

Art shop down by JMD's or I think Morris' have them aswell!

Advertisement