Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Random/General Chat Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,344 ✭✭✭✭looksee

Saw some in Hickeys (Home Focus, beside B&Q) too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭Jason Todd

Art shop down by JMD's or I think Morris' have them aswell!
    looksee wrote: »
    Saw some in Hickeys (Home Focus, beside B&Q) too.

Thanks for the replies! I'm not too far from Hickeys so will pop in tomorrow! Thanks again! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,893 ✭✭✭allthedoyles

7.Willie%20McGrath%20shoots%20on%20goal%20against%20keeper%20James%20Upton.jpg

Two Waterford athletes are among those ready to join the Ireland team at the Special Winter Olympics.

George Fitzgerald from Waterford City and William McGrath from Kilmacthomas are in countdown mode with Games set to start on January 29th in South Korea.

The lads are part of the Irish Floorball team

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭CardBordWindow

Anyone missing a black cow? There's one wandering around the industrial estate! Just behind John Kelly's.

Here's a picture of the cow! Couldn't upload it from my phone yesterday.
    238508.jpg
    238509.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭KK4SAM

Anyone know who won the soccer match tonight between the Hurlers and Waterford City ?

KK4SAM wrote: »
    Anyone know who won the soccer match tonight between the Hurlers and Waterford City ?

Didn't hear the score, but a few posts on my Facebook timeline were praising both Paul McGrath and Fergal Hartley!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭mooseknunkle

Anyone missing a black cow? There's one wandering around the industrial estate! Just behind John Kelly's.

That cow closed Bauch & Lomb's back car park for a whole day!!

That cow closed Bauch & Lomb's back car park for a whole day!!
    HA! How did it manage that!?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

Crash at Ferrybank Post office is cleared and the road is open again.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭mooseknunkle

HA! How did it manage that!?

The cow wandered up there from god knows where and they were concerned it would do damage to the cars so they just closed off the carpark and left it there,i think someone in a trailer collected it the next day

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,558 ✭✭✭seven_eleven

Speaking of cows, are there cows roaming around the grounds of Ard Ri now or are they horses? I can't really tell from a distance but theres definitely something grazing on the slopes.

Anybody know why Millennium Plaza has been completely closed with barriers? I know it has always been a bit slippy on the boardwalk but they never closed it before have they? Looks so unsightly and is a shame people cant use it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Will someone shut that alarm up! :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,636 ✭✭✭south

UPC broadband down for anyone else ?

south wrote: »
    UPC broadband down for anyone else ?

No, not for me.. I'm in the Gracedieu area.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,636 ✭✭✭south

Back working now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 stab the rasher

Does anybody have any information on what has happened to the nameplates on the International Brigades memorial on the Mall, between Bishops Palace and Theatre Royal?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭JohnMarston

So apparently there is flood alleiviation measures being put in place in the park by the river there. Has there ever been flooding there?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

So apparently there is flood alleiviation measures being put in place in the park by the river there. Has there ever been flooding there?

Can't remember a specific instance, but I do remember it getting VERY high a couple of times when I was in De La Salle.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭Kloecor

I need somewhere cheap and cheerful to host my 21st birthday party next month. Anyone any ideas?

• Advertisement

Kloecor wrote: »
    I need somewhere cheap and cheerful to host my 21st birthday party next month. Anyone any ideas?

The Wander Inn?

Jason Todd wrote: »
    The Wander Inn?

Ew, no!

Anyone know how much the Moint Sion Center would be to rent out on a Saturday night?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 678 ✭✭✭kevovek

Anyone know of a place in the city that sells edamame beans?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,893 ✭✭✭allthedoyles

The development will consist of the erection of 2 no. antennae and 1 no. transmission dish, at roof-level together with associated equipment, cabinets and other associated works.
    The development will allow continuance and improvement of Vodafone's existing GSM and 3G telecommunications network Walsh's Car Sales Belmount Road Abbeylands, Ferrybank, Co. Kilkenny

Waterford vodafone users are about to get better coverage :

http://www.kilkennycoco.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 3,823 ✭✭✭Hijpo

Whats the Annual Rate on Valuation at the moment for Waterford?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭Dicky Pride

I think I'll start a thread about dogs. Who's with me?

I think I'll start a thread about dogs. Who's with me?

Dogs in Waterford? Stray dogs? Housetrained dogs? Will you be hating dogs and bad owners who let them **** everywhere or loving dogs and their cute lil' faces?! These are important questions!! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,558 ✭✭✭seven_eleven

The plaza is still railed off completely. Has been for at least 5-6 months now. Looks horrible and I've seen many tourists just standing around looking at it from behind the railings.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭madfcuker

The plaza is still railed off completely. Has been for at least 5-6 months now. Looks horrible and I've seen many tourists just standing around looking at it from behind the railings.

They should take the railings away. People are ignoring them anyway.

Advertisement