Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Random/General Chat Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,510 ✭✭✭Max Powers

I saw a Deer at Newtown this morning, it was on the dunmore road, looked l like a young or female deer at a guess...didn't have antlers.
    I thought it bizarre as would never expect to see a deer in that location, due to lack of fields, woods etc for them to live.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,642 ✭✭✭MRnotlob606

Max Powers wrote: »
    I saw a Deer at Newtown this morning, it was on the dunmore road, looked l like a young or female deer at a guess...didn't have antlers.
    I thought it bizarre as would never expect to see a deer in that location, due to lack of fields, woods etc for them to live.

Deadly, What part was it around?

Deadly, What part was it around?

The deer was just by where the dunmore road roundabout meets passage and Newtown roads, literally about a mile from the mall.I was thinking it could have swam from island, crazy if so.only alternative is walked all the way in from out faithlegg way...is there deers out there? It's a long walk if so.

The deer was just by where the dunmore road roundabout meets passage and Newtown roads, literally about a mile from the mall.I was thinking it could have swam from island, crazy if so.only alternative is walked all the way in from out faithlegg way...is there deers out there? It's a long walk if so.

I've seen hedgehogs (alive) in Colins Avenue.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,384 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Is the city arms the most depressing pub in Waterford ??? Everyone looks is unhappy there lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭Teebor15

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Is the city arms the most depressing pub in Waterford ??? Everyone looks is unhappy there lol

You'd fit right in there so...with your constant negativity!

Teebor15 wrote: »
    You'd fit right in there so...with your constant negativity!

I agree lol I'm negative but praying to be proved wrong lol

Irish Pubs are really imagined in terms of tourist expectations etc the Americans think we're all up dancing very night etc ??

• Registered Users Posts: 29,417 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

117 and river rescue out searching. Hope ta God they're successful

• Registered Users Posts: 3,426 ✭✭✭JohnC.

How far does the walkway by the Tramore Road go?

JohnC. wrote: »
    How far does the walkway by the Tramore Road go?

To the roundabout by the bypass

• Advertisement

Nice to have 2 local lads in the Republic Of Ireland squad for the euros
    John O Shea and Daryl Murphy

expecting this to be Johns last campaign with the Ireland, could be danger for Murphy if he has a bad euros

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 214 ✭✭edbrez

Does anyone know what "cerebral hypoxia" is and why the News and Star is claiming so many people in Waterford are now dying from it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

edbrez wrote: »
    Does anyone know what "cerebral hypoxia" is and why the News and Star is claiming so many people in Waterford are now dying from it?

Something to do with no oxygen getting into the brain

Speaking of the papers I live on mayors walk and have not received the Waterford today today and last week. It's only a few seconds walk to the offices but it's weird not getting it in the door

• Registered Users Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭BBM77

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Something to do with no oxygen getting into the brain

Speaking of the papers I live on mayors walk and have not received the Waterford today today and last week. It's only a few seconds walk to the offices but it's weird not getting it in the door

I have not got the Waterford Today out the Dunmore Rd in weeks. Mother lives off Ballybricken and she has not gotten it either. They have a new delivery people I heard.

Household rubbish and furniture at Laurel Park/Laurel Court green area.

I contacted the council weeks ago, nothing done. Have just e-mailed them the above. See anything happens.

Nothing was done a fire broke out this afternoon, two units came down initially at some expense. I suspect broken glass might have caused it

• Registered Users Posts: 816 ✭✭✭zurbfoundation

Shame for the area to be highlighted in this way

http://www.irishmirror.ie/news/irish-news/tourist-left-horrified-views-roadside-8355389

I travel this road everyday - what the guy suggested (litter picking crew) actually happened over a few days only a few months ago - they did a great job and the place was spotless. Within days there were bag appearing on the roadside again. One fireroad entrance had a double mattress dumped there for 6 weeks.

The litter picking crew were predominantly council workers (i know many of them) - plus they had two vehicles from a hire company - so this operation would have cost quite a few quid.

Shame for the area to be highlighted in this way

http://www.irishmirror.ie/news/irish-news/tourist-left-horrified-views-roadside-8355389

I travel this road everyday - what the guy suggested (litter picking crew) actually happened over a few days only a few months ago - they did a great job and the place was spotless. Within days there were bag appearing on the roadside again. One fireroad entrance had a double mattress dumped there for 6 weeks.

The litter picking crew were predominantly council workers (i know many of them) - plus they had two vehicles from a hire company - so this operation would have cost quite a few quid.

Does anyone actually know of someone being fined? Heard stories of bags of rubbish with letters identifying where it came from being found, council informed yet they think its not worth the hassle/won't be successful if prosecute.
    Also, you have dopes shouting infringement of rights when likes of Dublin council publish photos.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,070 ✭✭✭Finnbar01

Does anyone actually know of someone being fined? Heard stories of bags of rubbish with letters identifying where it came from being found, council informed yet they think its not worth the hassle/won't be successful if prosecute.
    Also, you have dopes shouting infringement of rights when likes of Dublin council publish photos.

Years ago Dungarvan county council hired a private detective to catch fly tippers.

He did a pretty good job of it and it was even reported in the English tabloids ( The Sun and Mirror)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,113 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

Waterfords oldest person, Jimmy Barry has died age 105

• Advertisement

Gael23 wrote: »
    Waterfords oldest person, Jimmy Barry has died age 105

1911-2016 wow
    Sum age, witnessed a lot in his life.

I think he featured in the documentary 'older than Ireland' that came out last year

shocked looking at the front of this weeks News and Star to see a headline DAYLIGHT ROBBERY

An 84 year old women was robbed by a drug user and pulled to the ground. the incident happend outside centra on johns street. The area it self has become full of beggers and dodgy characters

Where's Billy McCarthy?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭TheQuietFella

BBM77 wrote: »
    I have not got the Waterford Today out the Dunmore Rd in weeks. Mother lives off Ballybricken and she has not gotten it either. They have a new delivery people I heard.

Fine Gael have taken over the new delivery of Waterford Today, ably supported by Jim Hacker, so don't hold your breath while waiting for it!

Where's Billy McCarthy?

He's hardly a suspect, is he Harry?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,791 ✭✭✭taytobreath

does anyone know whats going on halfway between the city and Tramore. There is fairly major roadworks going on there, are they talking out the bend or something

does anyone know whats going on halfway between the city and Tramore. There is fairly major roadworks going on there, are they talking out the bend or something

Probably doing more talking then taking at this time of the day but if anyone have a photo of the area it would be nice to see!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭longshanks

I've seen that, on the old Tramore railway line. A mini Waterford to Tramore Greenway perhaps?

• Registered Users Posts: 6 maireadr27

Anyone know where I can get access to a fax machine in Waterford??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,791 ✭✭✭taytobreath

maireadr27 wrote: »
    Anyone know where I can get access to a fax machine in Waterford??

fieldmaster and i think the library supply that service

Advertisement