Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Random/General Chat Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭longshanks

Call it whatever you like, it's still a footpath and there would be a danger of cyclists hitting a pedestrian. Imagine the complaints if that happened.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,384 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

a very dangerous place in Waterford atm is the pulling out onto barrack street coming up the street passed Thompsons/Ryans bar. Accident waiting to happen

Also the laneway next to Londis on Ballybricken its hard to see up that street and cars come flying out

• Closed Accounts Posts: 814 ✭✭✭debok

Why do "Lycra lout" cyclists on the ring road refuse to use the cycle lane? It is a sign of effeminacy or something? It's pretty wide and human/dog traffic is pretty light.

Because the drop off the kerbs are ridiculous and **** up your wheels so your having to nearly stop at every crossing point.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,011 ✭✭✭✭Johnboy1951

debok wrote: »
    Because the drop off the kerbs are ridiculous and **** up your wheels so your having to nearly stop at every crossing point.

Oh gosh!
    Imagine a cyclist having to slow down or stop!

They should use the cycle lanes provided for the purpose!

• Registered Users Posts: 29,417 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

Oh gosh!

i suspect cyclists werent consulted when this was being planned. its not particularity well designed for cyclists as traveling at the speeds road cyclist can and do do, would actually be dangerous. its understandable that cyclists rarely use them, i wouldnt if i was doing that kind of riding

• Advertisement

Oh gosh!

It's grand for mountain bikes but the fellas on the racers are clipped in to the pedals and it kinda makes the cycle pointless if they have to clip out every km. If they provide cycle lanes they may as well make them fit for purpose. But this is ireland

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 229 ✭✭Sosurface

Anyone driving to Belview Port in the mornings/back in evenings from city interested in rideshare/carpooling. Will split travel costs/pay for pickup.
    Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,510 ✭✭✭Max Powers

Anyone tell me why my view of boards site has changed to PC screen view as opposed to mobile view. How can i switch it back?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,600 ✭✭✭lassykk

Max Powers wrote: »
    Anyone tell me why my view of boards site has changed to PC screen view as opposed to mobile view. How can i switch it back?

Click touch site on the bottom of the page and it will switch back. You've likely found this out by now!

lassykk wrote: »
    Click touch site on the bottom of the page and it will switch back. You've likely found this out by now!

Cheers lassyk

• Advertisement

Recently bought a large electric appliance from Harvey Norman.I now have enough packaging to fill my green bin twice, pretty sure I can bring packaging back, anyone know what situation is there? Is it certain time in their warehouse near fire station?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Anyone else see (or hear) the commotion on the ring road at Ardkeen going towards the Tesco roundabout this morning? Some fella shouting "f*ck you" at the top of his voice at no one, walking onto the road and stopping traffic. Could have got a bit scary to be honest. I saw a non emergency type ambulance follow on after a min or two dunno if they were linked to the man though.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,417 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

Anyone else see (or hear) the commotion on the ring road at Ardkeen going towards the Tesco roundabout this morning? Some fella shouting "f*ck you" at the top of his voice at no one, walking onto the road and stopping traffic. Could have got a bit scary to be honest. I saw a non emergency type ambulance follow on after a min or two dunno if they were linked to the man though.

sounds like a poor unfortunate soul, hope he gets the help he requires

• Registered Users Posts: 10,408 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

Oh gosh!

Imagine a motorist having to slow down or stop to avoid a cyclist using a public road !!
    Share the Road !!! You own the car, not the road..

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... " #NoPopcorn

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭mooseknunkle

Anyone else watching the handmaid's tail on channel 4 is the commander's name Mr Waterford?,i keep hearing waterford or maybe it waterfront or something

Anyone else watching the handmaid's tail on channel 4 is the commander's name Mr Waterford?,i keep hearing waterford or maybe it waterfront or something

Yeh hes commander Waterford. Weird enough show

• Registered Users Posts: 2,791 ✭✭✭taytobreath

anyone know how long the walkway around the dump is long side the kingfisher

I suspect Waterford refers to the town in Vermont rather than ourselves (that Waterford was also the setting for a pretty good comedy about movie making by David Mamet called State and Main)

anyone know how long the walkway around the dump is long side the kingfisher

The Nature Park?,its about 1.5km

Power off for about 30 mins sounded like much of the City was effected.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,768 ✭✭✭✭tomwaterford

Must say,my first time in months in the city centre,the canopy over apple market looks like it'll be a great addition :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,070 ✭✭✭Finnbar01

Finnbar01 wrote: »

Waterford city rugby club had a bar there kinda clubhouse. Used to be used alot fof 21sts and other parties in there

Thats the rugby club many a good night was had in there :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,070 ✭✭✭Finnbar01

Waterford city rugby club had a bar there kinda clubhouse. Used to be used alot fof 21sts and other parties in there

Thanks.

When did the Rugby Club close down?

• Registered Users Posts: 38,384 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

It was a concert venue at one time and played host to acts such as Roy Orbison and The Smiths

• Registered Users Posts: 6,430 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

Thats the rugby club many a good night was had in there :)

I was there the night Ray Houghton scored against Italy, USA 94, some night :D

What's the new kebab place like, Babylon?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭dzilla

Max Powers wrote: »
    What's the new kebab place like, Babylon?

Unreal. So good I went back sober and it was still unreal

• Advertisement

dzilla wrote: »
    Unreal. So good I went back sober and it was still unreal

Great dzilla, I'm always on look out for good kebab place, hence my expanding waistline/cholestrol probably.I had a kebab place I regularly went to (often sober too dzilla) when I lived in Dublin,, its about the only thing I miss from those old days in the capital.

Advertisement