Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Random/General Chat Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭dzilla

Max Powers wrote: »
    Great dzilla, I'm always on look out for good kebab place, hence my expanding waistline/cholestrol probably.I had a kebab place I regularly went to (often sober too dzilla) when I lived in Dublin,, its about the only thing I miss from those old days in the capital.

You can sit down in Babylon aswell. He has about 8 tables which is always handy. I rather sit in tbh. Speaking of that there's a new chipper in dunmore east next to the strand you can sit in order take away. Very handy if your on a spin and you don't want chips smelling out the car.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,510 ✭✭✭Max Powers

Anyone know why there are large bales of hay in the lake in tramore...is it kids messing or an actual reason? Looks odd as some of them are practically in middle of lake...determined kids if its them.

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭johnsparkexile

Anyone know why there are large bales of hay in the lake in tramore...is it kids messing or an actual reason? Looks odd as some of them are practically in middle of lake...determined kids if its them.

It's to help reduce the build up of green algae, a chemical reaction takes place as the straw begins to rot which prevents the algae from growing. Barley straw is best.

It's to help reduce the build up of green algae, a chemical reaction takes place as the straw begins to rot which prevents the algae from growing. Barley straw is best.

Aren't you the John bright spark...very good, nice to learn learn something new everyday ,thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,384 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Prob going to get eat by a few people here but looking back now/talking to family members, older people etc. A dark shadow was cast over Waterford when the big factories such as The Glass Factory, Foundry etc closed.

I'd say Getting jobs in those places were easy enough and suited a lot of people such as early school leavers, people who weren't into third level etc. A lot of people nowadays would take the hand off you (myself included) too get a job in a place like the old glass factory. The sad fact is not all school leavers are cut out for Third level but in today's Ireland to get the simplest of jobs you have to have some sort of third level education. Some people who never sat a state exam/went to college got lucky don't get me wrong and have great lives. Life is a bitch sometimes

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭TheQuietFella

That's as old as the pyramids Max and science still doesn't understand the mechanics behind it. All they do know is that it works!

• Registered Users Posts: 659 ✭✭✭yenom

A quick question. Is the rent is Waterford ok? I may have to move there soon enough for a job.

Anyone read or hear the irrelevant and unqualified comments from the bishop during week.I think its incredibly stupid of the man to comment on medical matters which I assume he has zero medical qualifications for (except for a you tube video)in a silly attempt to push some Catholic church doctrine/teaching.
    Another f-up from the church, he should retract and apologise.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 814 ✭✭✭debok

Anyone read or hear the irrelevant and unqualified comments from the bishop during week.I think its incredibly stupid of the man to comment on medical matters which I assume he has zero medical qualifications for (except for a you tube video)in a silly attempt to push some Catholic church doctrine/teaching.
    Another f-up from the church, he should retract and apologise.

http://www.thejournal.ie/hov-bishop-factcheck-3620053-Sep2017/

Flying out from Dublin Airport at 10am on the 26th Oct but trying to decide what bus to take from Waterford early that morning. Dublin Coach leave at 4am and ur reportedly in Dublin Airport by 6.45am but id have a bit of breathing space going with JJ Kavanghs or Expressway (although they take longer) ??? Don't drive so that's not an option.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,417 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Flying out from Dublin Airport at 10am on the 26th Oct but trying to decide what bus to take from Waterford early that morning. Dublin Coach leave at 4am and ur reportedly in Dublin Airport by 6.45am but id have a bit of breathing space going with JJ Kavanghs or Expressway (although they take longer) ??? Don't drive so that's not an option.

i think id go with bus eireann, no change over, and i hear dublin coach can be a little dodgy at times in regards being on time. but overall i think id really recommend just staying up there the night before, less stressful and tiring

• Registered Users Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭dzilla

I Know that Dublin Coach have been impacted recently by the road works in Killeagh / Lemybrien and there is also going roadworks on the Youghal Bypass. This is having a knock on to arrival times for the bus to Waterford.

I think personally the Express way leaving at 5am # 4 from Waterford bus station is the best option as it gets you 2hrs and 15 minutes before your flight time. So that is leaves you about 30 mins for delays and 90 mins to check in.

dzilla wrote: »
    I Know that Dublin Coach have been impacted recently by the road works in Killeagh / Lemybrien and there is also going roadworks on the Youghal Bypass. This is having a knock on to arrival times for the bus to Waterford.

I think personally the Express way leaving at 5am # 4 from Waterford bus station is the best option as it gets you 2hrs and 15 minutes before your flight time. So that is leaves you about 30 mins for delays and 90 mins to check in.

might go for the 2am one and have food/drinks before i fly out to Scotland. Im through Terminal 2 and there tends to be a lot of stupid Amercians there that cause delays at security lol

The worse busses are the ones from Waterford-Dublin that go through almost every village in Kilkenny, Carlow, Kildare etc. Takes hours

might go for the 2am one and have food/drinks before i fly out to Scotland. Im through Terminal 2 and there tends to be a lot of stupid Amercians there that cause delays at security lol

The worse busses are the ones from Waterford-Dublin that go through almost every village in Kilkenny, Carlow, Kildare etc. Takes hours

would you not go with the 5am bus eireann?

Wanderer78 wrote: »
    would you not go with the 5am bus eireann?

ill decide closer to the day, 2am leaves a bit of breathing space to get sorted

****ing Waterford Airport and there stupidly, image if we UK flights from there and save all this hassle

ill decide closer to the day, 2am leaves a bit of breathing space to get sorted

****ing Waterford Airport and there stupidly, image if we UK flights from there and save all this hassle

5am bus eireann should get you there round 8ish, dont mind that 2am nonsense

not enough users in waterford im afraid, these things have to be viable

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭CardBordWindow

My sister is heading to the airport with Bus Eireann (i think) on Friday for a flight at 10am. I'll let you know what times she leaves and arrives at.

Ok, so my sister got a Bus Eireann bus at 6am, and was in the airport at 8.45. It was a Ryanair flight at 10.10, so it was a decent walk to the gate, but she had enough time.

If that's too tight for you, she said that she thinks there is another bus at 5am. Maybe just check to confirm that though.

Ok, so my sister got a Bus Eireann bus at 6am, and was in the airport at 8.45. It was a Ryanair flight at 10.10, so it was a decent walk to the gate, but she had enough time.

If that's too tight for you, she said that she thinks there is another bus at 5am. Maybe just check to confirm that though.

Thanks for the feedback

Yeah on the timetable there's busses at 2am, 5am and 6am

Prob go for the 5am to be safe

Got stung last June when I was in Dublin Airport at just about 00.20 and they closed the departures gate til 4.15am and I had too wait in the check in area. Thought i could just go through security and sit in the bar all night lol

whats the craic with euro car parks if you dont have a valid ticket?

• Advertisement

Do you board the bus in the station depot or on the opposite side of the road???

Do you board the bus in the station depot or on the opposite side of the road???
    She got the bus from the station itself.

bus eireann always boards from the station as its exclusively their station, all other buses boards elsewhere including opposite the station. enjoy the gig;)

Anyone knw a place that will replace Samsung s8 screens in Waterford ???

Prick of a phone fell out of the pocket and the screen cracked at the end

Anyone knw a place that will replace Samsung s8 screens in Waterford ???

Prick of a phone fell out of the pocket and the screen cracked at the end

im of no help with this problem, but to a more important topic, how was the gig?:)

Wanderer78 wrote: »
    im of no help with this problem, but to a more important topic, how was the gig?:)

Amazing and flight and transport was flawless

Amazing and flight and transport was flawless

if i bothered my arse, i probably could have gone over to, was looking into it a while ago but i thought the concert ticket prices were a bit too much

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Miakk

Hi folks, was recommended to post here after I put same query up on commuting forum. Can only find v old threads on this, which don’t take into account the motorway. Hoping someone can help with up to date info!

Am planning on moving back to Kilkenny in autumn 2018, with husband and 2 kids in tow. Other half going to be Dublin based initially but I work in healthcare and have the potential for work in Waterford hospital. Will in effect be single parent to 2 under 4, mon-fri, until we get something more local sorted.

Can anyone tell me the usual commuting time from Loughbouy/Waterford road in Kilkenny for a 9am start in Waterford (regional) hospital and leaving to come back at 5pm? Is the traffic along the quays brutal at those times?

Childcare/Creche in Kilkenny is strictly 8-6 so have to be sure I can manage commute comfortably within those times....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭alta stare

Miakk wrote: »
    Hi folks, was recommended to post here after I put same query up on commuting forum. Can only find v old threads on this, which don’t take into account the motorway. Hoping someone can help with up to date info!

Am planning on moving back to Kilkenny in autumn 2018, with husband and 2 kids in tow. Other half going to be Dublin based initially but I work in healthcare and have the potential for work in Waterford hospital. Will in effect be single parent to 2 under 4, mon-fri, until we get something more local sorted.

Can anyone tell me the usual commuting time from Loughbouy/Waterford road in Kilkenny for a 9am start in Waterford (regional) hospital and leaving to come back at 5pm? Is the traffic along the quays brutal at those times?

Childcare/Creche in Kilkenny is strictly 8-6 so have to be sure I can manage commute comfortably within those times....

I used to drive KK to Waterford 7 days a week and i found it took 30mins to get from Loughboy area to the Glen.

I now travel the quays Monday to Friday and its fine once I hit the bridge before 845 i will get to where i am going on time (city centre). So given you are looking to get to the Hospital id reckon you would want to be hitting the quays/bridge about 820/25. The traffic along the quays is usually fine until you get to the Tower Hotel where it can back up due to the schools up by the park.

If you finish at 5 you will make Kilkenny for 6 no problems.

Personally i think it would be worth doing a trial run some morning and see for yourself.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 Miakk

alta stare wrote: »

Personally i think it would be worth doing a trial run some morning and see for yourself.

Thanks a mill. Yes, def have to do a trial but have to stay down to KK and get someone to mind the kids first!

Advertisement