Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Random/General Chat Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭longshanks

You could skip the quays and travel across the new bridge straight onto the outer ring road, cut out all the hassle of the town centre.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭alta stare

longshanks wrote: »
    You could skip the quays and travel across the new bridge straight onto the outer ring road, cut out all the hassle of the town centre.

Traffic can be back up there aswell. I tried that idea before and i was shocked at how busy it was. That was about two years ago tho.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,384 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Our own Richie Hayes in the new Ms Brown Boys Xmas episode

congrats to him, good role to have

• Registered Users Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭dzilla

Anybody hear when T and Hs will reopen, they expected it for Christmas as far as I remember hearing.

not sure how true this is but is the Kazbar closing for a few weeks for renovations ??

I'm enjoying less and less going out in Waterford City nowadays. Places are either dead, rough, egotistical bounchers/bar staff or in a rare case overcrowded (Shortts/reg)

• Advertisement

PTH2009 wrote: »
    not sure how true this is but is the Kazbar closing for a few weeks for renovations ??

I'm enjoying less and less going out in Waterford City nowadays. Places are either dead, rough, egotistical bounchers/bar staff or in a rare case overcrowded (Shortts/reg)

Nice cluster of pubs from the quay to O'Connell street, nice little night out down that way.

dzilla wrote: »
    Nice cluster of pubs from the quay to O'Connell street, nice little night out down that way.

yeah I'm fond of that area but lack of late bars around that area is annoying. The only real mid week late bar options are in John street and the woodman is only open late Friday/Sat.

cheaper to drink at home but you would miss the craic

Ya wouldn't miss the bogeys though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭mooseknunkle

Id have better craic drinking at home on my own than i would going into town!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,070 ✭✭✭Finnbar01

Just heard on WLRFM that the Israeli government had asked Teva to cut jobs in Ireland rather than back home in Israel.

They were reporting on an article in the Sunday Business Post.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,417 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

Finnbar01 wrote: »
    Just heard on WLRFM that the Israeli government had asked Teva to cut jobs in Ireland rather than back home in Israel.

unfortunately it doesnt sound too good for the Waterford factory, been expecting an announcement since before Christmas.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭TheQuietFella

What else would you have expected!
    Are they wrong in doing this or do you feel they owe us something?

What else would you have expected!
    Are they wrong in doing this or do you feel they owe us something?

They owe us nothing. I posted about it because I believe some people maybe interested in it.

Incidentally, I would like to hear the opinions of Cllr John Hearne and TD David Cullinane on this matter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭TheQuietFella

They owe us nothing. I posted about it because I believe some people maybe interested in it.

Incidentally, I would like to hear the opinions of Cllr John Hearne and TD David Cullinane on this matter.

And what difference will their opinion on the matter make?

Do you think the Israeli's are going to be anxious over what these
    two guys will have to say? There are enough local/national issues for those two to deal with.

I'm sure the union reps' in TEVA will fight to do their best for the workforce

and won't need any assistance from any political parties unless requested.

Anyone know what music festival is on in Portlaw this August?
    Major concert promoter teases new summer music festival in Waterford
    12 January 2018
    It appears the South East may have a new three day music festival to look forward to this summer.

POD Promotions posted on Facebook today with a photo of Curraghmore House in Portlaw in County Waterford and a web address with the headline “All Together Now.”

The website has a photo of the historic house and estate in Portlaw and the dates 3rd-5th of August 2018 which is the August Bank Holiday Weekend in Ireland.

The website also features the quote “”One, two, three, four…can I have a little more?” which is a lyric from the classic Beatles song “All Together Now.”

POD Promotions are responsible for bringing Carl Cox to Ballinlough Castle next August and have previously promoted Electric Picnic, Lovebox and Garden Party.

Rumours are already swirling online of some major electronic artists playing in Waterford this summer.

You can register for more information at alltogethernow.ie

https://www.alltogethernow.ie/

maybe it's replacing Daytripper ???

not a fan of electronic music but hope it's goes well and they might expand on it in a few years ??

maybe it's replacing Daytripper ???

not a fan of electronic music but hope it's goes well and they might expand on it in a few years ??

I wouldn't think its replacing daytripper two different promoters

Some chap was on the radio this morning and I think he said the organisers are going to be targeting indie bands with crowds of about 10,000.

Anybody know when McDonalds on the cork road is opening back up?

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭fargojones123

No clue, I remember the one in John Roberts Square took roughly a month with its renovations so I'm expecting a similar time frame

• Advertisement

Are Pizza hut openning next to TK Maxx did I hear?
    Pizza hut delivery or restaurant?

dzilla wrote: »
    Are Pizza hut openning next to TK Maxx did I hear?
    Pizza hut delivery or restaurant?

It was said on here they are opening in the empty units at the front of railway sq ,dont know if its a restaurant or just delivery place

• Registered Users Posts: 3,510 ✭✭✭Max Powers

Had to turn off the late debate on rte news, Mary butler is an empty chair there, they're chatting away about second tier cities,not Waterford, development, jobs, etc. best Mary could come up with was some nonsense about decentralization was great job by FF years ago.since she has been elected, she has shown us absolutely nothing positive.you'd have to say, there is no way David cullinane would be sidelined like that.

Max Powers wrote: »
    Had to turn off the late debate on rte news, Mary butler is an empty chair there, they're chatting away about second tier cities,not Waterford, development, jobs, etc. best Mary could come up with was some nonsense about decentralization was great job by FF years ago.since she has been elected, she has shown us absolutely nothing positive.you'd have to say, there is no way David cullinane would be sidelined like that.

Yea its disappointing she lost her voice when elected. I regret giving her a vote :mad:

It was said on here they are opening in the empty units at the front of railway sq ,dont know if its a restaurant or just delivery place

I hope its the restaurant one considering the location. Another Pizza take away isn't worth a slap to the town.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭BBM77

Max Powers wrote: »

She is awful alright. When the boundary review was going on and she took the side of Kilkenny! My jaw nearly hit the floor. It was just so clear was just representing herself and her position and not the people of Waterford. Not a massive fan of FG but could not imagine Paudie Coffey performing that poorly either.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,160 ✭✭✭jelutong

"Ear to the ground"on RTE 1 tonight has a feature on Waterford Distillery Co.Wexford! That's according to the TV guide on their website.

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭er1983

I passed there today and there is a big sign up on the railings, says opening back up February 9th

er1983 wrote: »
    I passed there today and there is a big sign up on the railings, says opening back up February 9th

Yeah seen that myself today,it had me thinking about the staff there do they still get paid for the month off or are they relocated to a different McDonalds or are they just told like it or lump it the place is closed for a month with no pay :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 814 ✭✭✭debok

Yeah seen that myself today,it had me thinking about the staff there do they still get paid for the month off or are they relocated to a different McDonalds or are they just told like it or lump it the place is closed for a month with no pay :confused:

Think they were all relocated. Friend of mine is in Kilkenny till its back open

Advertisement