Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Random/General Chat Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭Gardner

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Apparently masons and Chick king are gone and both were bought by the council and will be knocked ?

Really sad to see the Kentucky gone, lots of memories made down there id say

in a ****ing chipper :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 38,384 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Gardner wrote: »
    in a ****ing chipper :confused:

1000s have had druken meals after nights out down there

in fairness place was gone downhil for years and closing is prob the best option

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭TheQuietFella

Apparently masons and Chick king are gone and both were bought by the council and will be knocked ?

Really sad to see the Kentucky gone, lots of memories made down there id say

I'm not alone so in realising 'some' parts of the city need to be demolished!

A hearty well done to WCC if this indeed is the case!

Time of the year again Waterford senior hurlers in the championship

Clare in Ennis Sunday at 3.30pm. Tough road ahead with the new earlier schedule and 4 trips away 4 weeks in a row. The summer could be over as fast as it started. Best of luck to all

Fixtures
    Vs Clare- Sun 27th May 15.30pm
    Vs Tipp (GG Limerick) - Sun 3rd June 16.00pm- RTE 2
    Vs Limerick- Sun 10th June- 14.00pm- RTE (TBC)
    Vs Cork (Thurles) - Sun 17th June- 14.00pm- RTE (TBC)

Top 2 in the group play in the Munster final (winner into the AI semi final, runner up into the Al QF) , 3rd place qualify for All Ireland QF preliminary round. 4th and 5th eliminated from championship

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,417 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

was talking to an engineer that worked on it, some corners cut on it!

Wanderer78 wrote: »
    was talking to an engineer that worked on it, some corners cut on it!

I hope they send the corners up here to support our own structure!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,011 ✭✭✭✭Johnboy1951

Time of the year again Waterford senior hurlers in the championship

Clare in Ennis Sunday at 3.30pm. Tough road ahead with the new earlier schedule and 4 trips away 4 weeks in a row. The summer could be over as fast as it started. Best of luck to all

Fixtures
    Vs Clare- Sun 27th May 15.30pm
    Vs Tipp (GG Limerick) - Sun 3rd June 16.00pm- RTE 2
    Vs Limerick- Sun 10th June- 14.00pm- RTE (TBC)
    Vs Cork (Thurles) - Sun 17th June- 14.00pm- RTE (TBC)

Top 2 in the group play in the Munster final (winner into the AI semi final, runner up into the Al QF) , 3rd place qualify for All Ireland QF preliminary round. 4th and 5th eliminated from championship

I don't hold out much hope this year ..... and expect Clare to beat them on Sunday.
    There are a number of influential players missing .... some maybe for the rest of the year.

Anyone ever see the begger around town who is actually well dressed and groomed ?? He was down by the pound shop earlier

• Registered Users Posts: 3,510 ✭✭✭Max Powers

Is istanbul kebab place still open? Reason I ask is, they scraped and got it ready for painting about two months ago and did nothing since, it looks a mess.I was thinking maybe Waterford Walls gonna do something with it and they're waiting for artist but it's dragging on and looks unsightly.anyone with decent info?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭mooseknunkle

Max Powers wrote: »
    Is istanbul kebab place still open? Reason I ask is, they scraped and got it ready for painting about two months ago and did nothing since, it looks a mess.I was thinking maybe Waterford Walls gonna do something with it and they're waiting for artist but it's dragging on and looks unsightly.anyone with decent info?

Yeah its still open it looks really terrible hopefully something done with it soon

• Registered Users Posts: 6,739 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

Is the shocking quality of news and sport readers on Beat FM intentional or are all the readers on placement or Jobsbridge?
    I know everyone has to start somewhere but its really distracting to listen to someone splutter and stammer over simple words again and again, leaves an awful impression.

Is the shocking quality of news and sport readers on Beat FM intentional or are all the readers on placement or Jobsbridge?
    I know everyone has to start somewhere but its really distracting to listen to someone splutter and stammer over simple words again and again, leaves an awful impression.

I stopped listening to local radio years ago but your comments do not surprise me. Stupid news or non news now make the headlines on these abattoirs of sound.

WLR last week had a deceased persons name spelled differently from the main heading to the notification of the details. They amended it a few days later!
    And they are charging then for this service!!!!! Shoddy!

Id listen to beat requarly in the car and work i wouldn't be in the age group of their listeners so maybe my opinion wont matter but they really need a revamp/reshuffle of the whole station,its the same stuff the past 15 years,but like that the newsreaders and presenters seem to be getting younger and most sound terrible but i guess thats the audience they are appealing too,and they need to move the two guys on the breakfast show its just the same old ****e everyday,put trish with someone else like darren rice.

The quality of the station really went downhill when tresanne and ray left for wlr,andy would be the only dj left there now.

Id listen to beat requarly in the car and work i wouldn't be in the age group of their listeners so maybe my opinion wont matter but they really need a revamp/reshuffle of the whole station,its the same stuff the past 15 years,but like that the newsreaders and presenters seem to be getting younger and most sound terrible but i guess thats the audience they are appealing too,and they need to move the two guys on the breakfast show its just the same old ****e everyday,put trish with someone else like darren rice.

The quality of the station really went downhill when tresanne and ray left for wlr,andy would be the only dj left there now.

Women have no place on radio or television in such roles as anchors!
    Unless of course they are in the mould of Olivia O'Leary!
    Am I the only one who thinks this or are they others who feel the same?

Three females covering the soccer on Sky today!
    Seriously though, I'm all for equality but you don't put the left glove
    on the right hand!

Women have no place on radio or television in such roles as anchors!
    Unless of course they are in the mould of Olivia O'Leary!
    Am I the only one who thinks this or are they others who feel the same?

Three females covering the soccer on Sky today!
    Seriously though, I'm all for equality but you don't put the left glove
    on the right hand!

Surely you are kidding?

Surely you are kidding?

You're not with me so W'

Seriously, I listened to Gerry Ryan many years ago on 2fm and he was a joy to listen to.
    Yes, he was fond of himself and loved the sound of his own voice but he was his own man
    and that came across in my view very well on the radio.

Women on radio and T.V. are token gestures. It's nothing more than a trend.
    Radio Nova, Sunshine, Lyric, RTE and the local radio have their quota.
    It's a pay saving strategy by placing women in positions that would cost the
    broadcaster more if the presenters were male.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 814 ✭✭✭debok

You're not with me so W'

Seriously, I listened to Gerry Ryan many years ago on 2fm and he was a joy to listen to.
    Yes, he was fond of himself and loved the sound of his own voice but he was his own man
    and that came across in my view very well on the radio.

Women on radio and T.V. are token gestures. It's nothing more than a trend.
    Radio Nova, Sunshine, Lyric, RTE and the local radio have their quota.
    It's a pay saving strategy by placing women in positions that would cost the
    broadcaster more if the presenters were male.

Do you sit at home waiting patiently for someone to bite? Just go fishing instead be better for your health, get out in the fresh air.

debok wrote: »
    Do you sit at home waiting patiently for someone to bite? Just go fishing instead be better for your health, get out in the fresh air.

No!

Niall and Vinny acting like 21 year olds is just sad at this stage, I really thought they would be replaced by younger presenters by now.

• Advertisement

Niall and Vinny acting like 21 year olds is just sad at this stage, I really thought they would be replaced by younger presenters by now.

Id say Niall has a bit to much pull in there and would take a lot to move him from the breakfast slot

Id say Niall has a bit to much pull in there and would take a lot to move him from the breakfast slot

Yeah id say so. I used to like it with him Mary and Vinny but then it just had its day now.

Out in the dunmore road (Waterford 4 as i call it) and was wondering what's in the church between The woodlands and the ballinakill shopping centre ??

Out in the dunmore road (Waterford 4 as i call it) and was wondering what's in the church between The woodlands and the ballinakill shopping centre ??

Badminton club

Badminton club

Cool very unusual setting for a badminton club. I imagine it was once a church of some kind

Cool very unusual setting for a badminton club. I imagine it was once a church of some kind

Twas st Thomas church of Ireland. It's a badminton club with over 40 years. The badminton club on lady lane was also a church. High ceiling heights make them ideal for it i suppose.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭shockwave

Twas st Thomas church of Ireland. It's a badminton club with over 40 years. The badminton club on lady lane was also a church. High ceiling heights make them ideal for it i suppose.

Also known as the Brass Cock because of the weather vane on top of it

shockwave wrote: »
    Also known as the Brass Cock because of the weather vane on top of it

I never knew it by any other name than brass cock.
    Now I know it was St. Thomas' Church :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,070 ✭✭✭Finnbar01

Artefacts found in Waterford could reveal 10,000-years-old settlement

A previously unrecorded collection of thousands of artefacts found around the Waterford Estuary indicate what would be one of the oldest settlements in Ireland, stretching back up to 10,000 years, archaeologists have said.

Surveys were carried out on items found at Creadan Head, near Dunmore East, Co Waterford, earlier this summer. The artefacts, which included flint tools, were originally collected by local man Noel McDonagh over a period of almost four decades.

The archaeologists are confident they stretch back to the Mesolithic Period, also known as the Middle Stone Age

https://www.irishtimes.com/culture/heritage/artefacts-found-in-waterford-could-reveal-10-000-years-old-settlement-1.3603628

I've also heard they are trying to get a full excavation of the woods town viking site.

• Advertisement

Finnbar01 wrote: »
    https://www.irishtimes.com/culture/heritage/artefacts-found-in-waterford-could-reveal-10-000-years-old-settlement-1.3603628

I've also heard they are trying to get a full excavation of the woods town viking site.

Wow!
    That is news to me.
    As a youngster I occasionally swam off Forenaught Beach ...... the beach in the background of one of the pics in the link.
    It is between Knockaveelish Head and Creaden Head.

Direct road access to it from Woodstown was closed off many years ago.

Advertisement