Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Random/General Chat Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭dzilla

Sorry not til November so cliffs will be grand!

Where's the nicest spot for a date night dinner do ye reckon ?

What kind of food do ye like?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,510 ✭✭✭Max Powers

Sorry not til November so cliffs will be grand!

Where's the nicest spot for a date night dinner do ye reckon ?

L'atmosphere

• Registered Users Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭Chancer3001

Will eat anything. Will eat all! Will eat often!

Just somewhere that does what they do very well.

Indian - cafe goa

Asian street food - Kyoto

Pizza / burger - burza

Bit more expensive normal food - McCleary's

Max Powers wrote: »
    L'atmosphere

+1

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,443 ✭✭✭kuang1

Momos. My favourite place to eat. Great for date nights!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭Gardner

dzilla wrote: »
    Indian - cafe goa

Pizza / burger - burza

Personally think this is the best place for grub in the City

• Registered Users Posts: 872 ✭✭✭Captain Red Beard

dzilla wrote: »
    Indian - cafe goa

Pizza / burger - burza

McCleary's is bland beyond belief, how that place is popular is beyond me.

McCleary's is bland beyond belief, how that place is popular is beyond me.

It's all a matter of personal preference. As I said it's normal food and a bit pricey. Some may call that bland however so I see what you mean.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭garv123

Whats parking like near geraghty tyres on a weekday?

I have to go into waterford braces for a midday appointment, not sure where to park if theres no spaces along the key before the bridge. Will be coming from Dungarvan, via Bilberry and dont want to spend ages looking for parking because I'll only be on a extended lunch break

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭deisemum

garv123 wrote: »
    Whats parking like near geraghty tyres on a weekday?

I have to go into waterford braces for a midday appointment, not sure where to park if theres no spaces along the key before the bridge. Will be coming from Dungarvan, via Bilberry and dont want to spend ages looking for parking because I'll only be on a extended lunch break

I've managed to get parking along there mid-morning apart from one occasion ages ago. There's usually spaces and the parking ticket machine is on the corner near the tyre place. If you cannot get parking there you should be able to get parking in the car park opposite Treacy's Hotel.

deisemum wrote: »
    I've managed to get parking along there mid-morning apart from one occasion ages ago. There's usually spaces and the parking ticket machine is on the corner near the tyre place. If you cannot get parking there you should be able to get parking in the car park opposite Treacy's Hotel.

Thanks, it was a bit of a last minute post, had the appointment there today, loads of parking available across the road from Gerathys.

Ticket machine taking my money but the button wasn't working. Had to chance going in without it. worst case scenario, can you get a ticket from the car park opposite Treacys?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭deisemum

Thanks, it was a bit of a last minute post, had the appointment there today, loads of parking available across the road from Gerathys.

Ticket machine taking my money but the button wasn't working. Had to chance going in without it. worst case scenario, can you get a ticket from the car park opposite Treacys?

I reported that ticket machine to the council over a month ago. My car reg. was taken and I was advised if I got a parking ticket to get back to the council as I'd tried to pay for parking.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,330 ✭✭✭deise08

I see the glass factory is now open as a car park, clever thinking now that all the students are back.

deisemum wrote: »
    I reported that ticket machine to the council over a month ago. My car reg. was taken and I was advised if I got a parking ticket to get back to the council as I'd tried to pay for parking.

I took a picture of the machine with my money in it, but didn't get a chance to ring the number.

Not much good to me if I was clamped when I came back out though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭mooseknunkle

I took a picture of the machine with my money in it, but didn't get a chance to ring the number.

Not much good to me if I was clamped when I came back out though.

You would get a ticket on your window for a fine you wouldn't be clamped for not paying for parking

Anywhere locally selling Swiss army knifes or similar, the small ones specifically.
    Cheers

Anywhere locally selling Swiss army knifes or similar, the small ones specifically.
    Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 29,417 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

Cheers

ronan might sell them

https://mcsoutdoorstore.ie/

Wanderer78 wrote: »
    ronan might sell them

Cheers, I'll try there

• Advertisement

ronan might sell them

Cheers, I'll try there

• Registered Users Posts: 872 ✭✭✭Captain Red Beard

ronan might sell them

He does, I've bought a couple.

He does, I've bought a couple.

Lovely

• Registered Users Posts: 38,384 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

I'd like too see something done with the Dublin- Waterford train line for matches/concerts etc

We are always left out of speical late services. I go to a lot of events in Dublin and would much prefer the comfort of the train up and back than the bus which I have no choice of getting due to availability

Anyone see the bookies next door to Ballybricken with a sign up saying "Save Jobs" or something, giving out about the new tax that came in. Hopefully this new tax does close down bookies, they are nothing but leeches to our society anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭alta stare

Anyone see the bookies next door to Ballybricken with a sign up saying "Save Jobs" or something, giving out about the new tax that came in. Hopefully this new tax does close down bookies, they are nothing but leeches to our society anyway.[/quote

Whilst i agree with the sentiment of your post. (to a degree) it also has to be mentioned that bookies dont force people to gamble the gambler does it all off his/her own accord.

Any job loss is not good. People who work may need said job so are you happy they would be out of work?

alta stare wrote: »
    Anyone see the bookies next door to Ballybricken with a sign up saying "Save Jobs" or something, giving out about the new tax that came in. Hopefully this new tax does close down bookies, they are nothing but leeches to our society anyway.[/quote

Whilst i agree with the sentiment of your post. (to a degree) it also has to be mentioned that bookies dont force people to gamble the gambler does it all off his/her own accord.

Any job loss is not good. People who work may need said job so are you happy they would be out of work?

I am not happy for anyone to be out of work but I despise the amount of bookies that are rapidly opening in this town. The bookies are a scourge and I hope they go broke....... hopefully if they do close down anyone working in them can get another job.

Anyone see the bookies next door to Ballybricken with a sign up saying "Save Jobs" or something, giving out about the new tax that came in. Hopefully this new tax does close down bookies, they are nothing but leeches to our society anyway.

Thought it was a bit rich coming from a bookies alright, in general, agree on your opinion of bookies and society, might be fractionally better to be betting in there than online I'd guess. Totally behind taxes on bookies, gambling, etc

• Registered Users Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭alta stare

Thought it was a bit rich coming from a bookies alright, in general, agree on your opinion of bookies and society, might be fractionally better to be betting in there than online I'd guess. Totally behind taxes on bookies, gambling, etc

So because some people cant handle being able to bet then ye think the betting shops should close down putting people out of work??? There are even more people who do like a bet and it doesnt ruin their lives so why should people loose their jobs just because of a small amount where it does. What about pubs, should they close because of alcoholics??

• Advertisement

alta stare wrote: »
    So because some people cant handle being able to bet then ye think the betting shops should close down putting people out of work??? There are even more people who do like a bet and it doesnt ruin their lives so why should people loose their jobs just because of a small amount where it does. What about pubs, should they close because of alcoholics??

Bookies are scum that prey on the weak. Every football match is full of gambling adds that are thrown down peoples throats, adds with Ray Winestone for example here is a compilation:
    https://twitter.com/twitter/statuses/798290147301322752

Bookies add nothing to our society and all they do is take, they provide a couple of jobs that are barely above minimum wage and thats about all they give to society.

I seriously was in shock that they were trying to pull the sympathy card "taxes will make us shutdown" Fcuk right off

edit: In all seriousness though. This city does need less discount stores/bookies the town is starting to look horrible with all of them popping up.

Advertisement