Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Random/General Chat Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭taytobreath

What's the fastest route via car to Galway?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,712 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,604 ✭✭✭deisemum

What's the fastest route via car to Galway?

If going to Galway City then I prefer going via Limerick and using the tunnel, much better road.

deisemum wrote:
    If going to Galway City then I prefer going via Limerick and using the tunnel, much better road.

Certainly looks to be the better route, think I've heard others say it is also

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 275 ✭✭sweet_trip

New mexican restaurant is awful. Avoid.

sweet_trip wrote: »
    New mexican restaurant is awful. Avoid.

whats the craic, looks well?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,812 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Hi folks

My guess is No

But - Does anyone know if residents at the Woodlands Hotel have access to the Leisure Centre too or is it a separate entity altogether?

Thanks

callaway92 wrote:
    But - Does anyone know if residents at the Woodlands Hotel have access to the Leisure Centre too or is it a separate entity altogether?

I'd imagine they do, could be wrong though

Wanderer78 wrote: »
    I'd imagine they do, could be wrong though

Cool thanks - was just wondering with it being a 3* and prices being so low next weekend. I suppose Dubs not being able to travel is a large part of their clientele.

• Advertisement

callaway92 wrote:
    Cool thanks - was just wondering with it being a 3* and prices being so low next weekend. I suppose Dubs not being able to travel is a large part of their clientele.

Ah shur the industry is in serious trouble, I'd say they're doing everything they can to keep the doors open. I know a couple that own a hotel, only bought a couple of years ago, I'd say they're sh1tting themselves at the moment. I really can't see why they'd prevent customers from using the facilities, what a selling point

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭CardBordWindow

callaway92 wrote: »
    Hi folks

My guess is No

Thanks
    Yep. Guests get complimentary access to the leisure centre.

Cheers lads

callaway92 wrote: »
    Cheers lads

enjoy your stay

the rte studio in Waterford seems to be up in jurys hotel. where is it really?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,639 ✭✭✭south

the rte studio in Waterford seems to be up in jurys hotel. where is it really?

Carriganore house.

south wrote: »
    Carriganore house.

the house owned by WIT? shur thats out by the greenway

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,639 ✭✭✭south

the house owned by WIT? shur thats out by the greenway

That's where it is.

RTÉ SOUTH EAST REGIONAL STUDIO
    Carriganore House,
    Waterford Institute of Technology
    Carriganore Campus,
    Old Kilmeadan Road,
    Waterford
    P: 051 873027
    E: waterford@rte.ie

south wrote: »
    That's where it is.

RTÉ SOUTH EAST REGIONAL STUDIO
    Carriganore House,
    Waterford Institute of Technology
    Carriganore Campus,
    Old Kilmeadan Road,
    Waterford
    P: 051 873027
    E: waterford@rte.ie

ok...so do they have a remote camera that is stuck up on the jurys hill and they send that feed live to cariganore house and then they use that as a backdrop whenever there is a news report coming from Carriganore house?

ok...so do they have a remote camera that is stuck up on the jurys hill and they send that feed live to cariganore house and then they use that as a backdrop whenever there is a news report coming from Carriganore house?

They do it in a load of counties

• Advertisement

They do it in a load of counties

I dont understand how it works though.

I dont understand how it works though.

Don't really understand myself, I know folks that probably do, must ask. They obviously must have a camera somewhere on the hill, maybe they use a blue/green screen in the studio, superimposing like they do on the forcasts

Don't really understand myself, I know folks that probably do, must ask. They obviously must have a camera somewhere on the hill, maybe they use a blue/green screen in the studio, superimposing like they do on the forcasts

thats what i was thinking, a lone cameraman goes up on that hill for the news report and then it gets fed to cariganore to their bluescreen.

By the way...you sent me a link of google maps when I asked what was the quickest way to Galway....I did look at google maps before I posted my post and it showed 2 different routes on it. Both at roughly the same time....that is why I asked people here what is the quickest way...as google maps wouldn't be that reliable for times I would say.

Some may go the Kilkenny way and some may go the Tipp way, which is an awful cnut of a road...Just looking for anyone that has done that trip regularly as I will be doing it twice a week in about 2 weeks time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,604 ✭✭✭deisemum

It takes me an average of about 3 hours driving time from the bridge to the Oranmore area but I usually take a break at the Tipperary Plaza. That's with average traffic, sometimes a bit longer if there's more traffic, lots of tractors of camper vans.

The road from Pallas Green to Galway via the tunnel is the better road. Word of warning the gardai are regularly speed checking near Gort either from the flyover at the Gort turn off or within 5 mins past Gort on the Galway side.

Some may go the Kilkenny way and some may go the Tipp way, which is an awful cnut of a road...Just looking for anyone that has done that trip regularly as I will be doing it twice a week in about 2 weeks time.

Kilkenny route certainly is a cnut, roads are dreadful, use to head to roscrea now and again

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,230 ✭✭✭friendlyfun

They have a lad up there who survives solely on red lead and cans of dutch gold. Some say this explains Damien Tiernans recent absence from WLR

They have a lad up there who survives solely on red lead and cans of dutch gold. Some say this explains Damien Tiernans recent absence from WLR

some say, he has two arses, which must help with that diet!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 275 ✭✭sweet_trip

whats the craic, looks well?

Food is very poor. You'll want to eat before going there or you'll leave hungry.

Staff falling over each other, yet impossible to get a server. Went through about 7 different servers throughout the night, rather than just one server for our table like most restaurants would do. Very clueless, forgetting food, one server said "im only bringing out the food not getting drinks" when i asked for another drink.

Some staff not wearing masks. Little or no social distancing. Packed to the hilt!

The manager was more focused on looking important than actually managing the place.

There was one table in the corner reserved for what I presume was off duty staff but there was about 10 of them having a massive pissup there.
    I don't blame them really, as all the staff there looked under wicked pressure and had no real leadership. But it just looked bad.

• Advertisement

sweet_trip wrote:
    There was one table in the corner reserved for what I presume was off duty staff but there was about 10 of them having a massive pissup there. I don't blame them really, as all the staff there looked under wicked pressure and had no real leadership. But it just looked bad.

Young staff?

Advertisement