Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Random/General Chat Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 275 ✭✭sweet_trip

Wanderer78 wrote: »
    Young staff?

I didn't pay attention to their ages at the table.
    Saw staff of all ages in general though.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,417 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

sweet_trip wrote:
    I didn't pay attention to their ages at the table. Saw staff of all ages in general though.

Jesus, sounds like a nightmare though, was considering going there yesterday, kinna glad I didn't now, hopefully it's just teething problems, it does look well from the outside

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

So then the new filling station at tesco is a card payment only kiosk with no shop :( Won't be going there....Circle K on the Dunmore Road can have my trade.

Just went past two stations, Circle K - 1.30 ppl for petrol. the Tesco place 1.21. Some difference, probably won't last.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭mooseknunkle

Just went past two stations, Circle K - 1.30 ppl for petrol. the Tesco place 1.21. Some difference, probably won't last.

I know it's cheap but i'll never go in there,personally i never use the self-serve checkouts in supermarkets either ,i think we should be protecting and creating jobs not taking them away from people...

• Registered Users Posts: 16 manofachill

1964 in Waterford from the University of Wisconsin Milwaukee Harrison Forman Collection. I thought I would share, there are a few more photos of Waterford from that time in there

https://collections.lib.uwm.edu/digital/collection/agseurope/id/7101

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭Gardner

sweet_trip wrote: »
    Food is very poor. You'll want to eat before going there or you'll leave hungry.

Staff falling over each other, yet impossible to get a server. Went through about 7 different servers throughout the night, rather than just one server for our table like most restaurants would do. Very clueless, forgetting food, one server said "im only bringing out the food not getting drinks" when i asked for another drink.

Some staff not wearing masks. Little or no social distancing. Packed to the hilt!

The manager was more focused on looking important than actually managing the place.

There was one table in the corner reserved for what I presume was off duty staff but there was about 10 of them having a massive pissup there.
    I don't blame them really, as all the staff there looked under wicked pressure and had no real leadership. But it just looked bad.

With a bit of luck it won't be open for long

Gardner wrote: »
    With a bit of luck it won't be open for long

how come?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭friendlyfun

Saw the reviews on Google....well I would tell the manager of that place perhaps not to look at them anyway. It's like 1.7 out of 5 stars. I haven't been there yet but I wonder is it really that bad?

Saw the reviews on Google....well I would tell the manager of that place perhaps not to look at them anyway. It's like 1.7 out of 5 stars. I haven't been there yet but I wonder is it really that bad?

only one way to find out

• Registered Users Posts: 700 ✭✭✭Oscar Madison

I know it's cheap but i'll never go in there,personally i never use the self-serve checkouts in supermarkets either ,i think we should be protecting and creating jobs not taking them away from people...

I used to think that way also but going by my last two experiences I say **** 'em!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,682 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Confirmed closing down now anyway on the owner's Facebook page

• Registered Users Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭azimuth17

callaway92 wrote: »
    Confirmed closing down now anyway on the owner's Facebook page

In the interests of accuracy your post should have said closing for three weeks because of Covid restrictions.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,682 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

azimuth17 wrote: »
    In the interests of accuracy your post should have said closing for three weeks because of Covid restrictions.

In my defence, when he posted last night, he alluded to it ‘closing down’

He then put up a further post later clarifying the 3 weeks.

So at the time, my post was accurate.

Cheers for your concerns though.

Matt Shanahan voted against the dying with dignity bill, in fact the whole regional group voted against it

Matt Shanahan voted against the dying with dignity bill, in fact the whole regional group voted against it

Ah shur fair play to them, hopefully these type of folks won't be around in politics for much longer

Ah shur fair play to them, hopefully these type of folks won't be around in politics for much longer

He's absolutely no use to the the county at all. Waste of a vote.

He's absolutely no use to the the county at all. Waste of a vote.

Ah old school conservative, there's still a market for them, unfortunately, and they're actually could always be

• Registered Users Posts: 7,665 ✭✭✭54and56

Don't suppose you can link to a list of who voted yes/no/abstained?

I've googled it and checked https://www.oireachtas.ie/en/debates/votes/?debateType=dail but can't see the list anywhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,384 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Looking at a few pictures and noticed Derry City is pretty similar to Waterford

Missing girl from Offaly who has visited Waterford a number of times, just in case you spot her or a likeness.
    Lythia has been described as 5’ 7” in height, of slim build with blonde hair. When last seen she was wearing dark jeans, a pink jacket and black runners.

Lythia is known to frequent the Waterford City area.

Anyone with any information that can assist in locating Lythia, is asked to contact Waterford Garda Station on 051 305 300, the Garda Confidential Line on 1800 666 111 or any Garda Station.

1605708504746_1605708526.jpg--gardai_issue_appeal_for_information_on_teenager_missing_for_a_week_in_midlands.jpg?1605708526000

• Advertisement

Missing girl from Offaly who has visited Waterford a number of times, just in case you spot her or a likeness.

Jesus what an awful situation for a family, hope she turns up soon

Jesus what an awful situation for a family, hope she turns up soon

Found safe thank god

• Registered Users Posts: 14,011 ✭✭✭✭Johnboy1951

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Found safe thank god

That is good news indeed.

What age is she?

Anyone try that wow burger?

got it a few weeks back

It was ok and nothing out of normal fast food places

• Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭MartyMcFly84

My wife really likes their chips.

Its like a decent quality fast food burger, which you can customise a fair bit.

Its decent, mind blowing certainly not. I wouldn't be craving it or anything but happy to have another food option in Waterford.

If we could get a Bunsen burger down from Dublin that would be a great addition to the burger scene in Waterford.

Bear Grills hamburgers are the best in Waterford imo.

Its decent, mind blowing certainly not. I wouldn't be craving it or anything but happy to have another food option in Waterford.

If we could get a Bunsen burger down from Dublin that would be a great addition to the burger scene in Waterford.

Are those the ones in Grady's yard?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭mooseknunkle

I had wowburger for the second time yesterday and its a decent burger nothing special,the chilli fries were nice too,and i see they are starting delivery on JustEat today.

Bear Grillz/The Phat Cow is a nice burger but way overpriced,€12 for a takeaway burger made in a converted bell lines container is a bit much.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭MartyMcFly84

Are those the ones in Grady's yard?

They certainly were working as a pop up in the kitchen there at one point. Not sure if they are sill there.

They were a food stall for a good while.

Advertisement