Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Random/General Chat Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,417 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

John Cummins reinstated into Fine Gael.

fair play to him, should do a good job for them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

has someone hacked your account?

has someone hacked your account?

that for me? not at all if it is

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭friendlyfun

Greystones as two cabinet ministers and Waterford hasn't had cabinet minister in over 10 years.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭CardBordWindow

Does anyone know what's happening down on the quay?
    Seems to be a lot of fire brigade vehicles around.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 700 ✭✭✭Oscar Madison

A few Garda cars up on Dominic Place with another car almost abandoned in the

middle of the road yesterday!

any word whats going on?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭mooseknunkle

Does anyone know what's happening down on the quay?
    Seems to be a lot of fire brigade vehicles around.

Somebody in the river

https://www.facebook.com/waterfordcityfireservice/photos/a.10151965085209742/10159141794184742

• Registered Users Posts: 14,011 ✭✭✭✭Johnboy1951

Wanderer78 wrote: »
    fcuk, i feared this, any word?

It says

"Working together with Waterford City River Rescue, Irish Coast Gaurd and An Garda Síochána a search of the area took place until it was confirmed that the person was safe and not in danger."

• Advertisement

It says

"Working together with Waterford City River Rescue, Irish Coast Gaurd and An Garda Síochána a search of the area took place until it was confirmed that the person was safe and not in danger."

read that thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭whats_happenin

A few Garda cars up on Dominic Place with another car almost abandoned in the

middle of the road yesterday!
    A man passed away and gardai has to gain enter to find him. He was very sick

• Registered Users Posts: 38,384 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Remember the days of the Cablelink channel

Always had those cheesy power ballad songs on it with pictures of local services. WLR had a magizine programme on it for a while (Waterford@8)

I was in around the town at Christmas. Saw a book in the book centre for 52 euro when it was only 27 euro online. That's an absolute day light robbery. I'm all for supporting local but when they're taking the piss in some circumstances and and I'd rather not be fleeced.

I was in around the town at Christmas. Saw a book in the book centre for 52 euro when it was only 27 euro online. That's an absolute day light robbery. I'm all for supporting local but when they're taking the piss in some circumstances and and I'd rather not be fleeced.

tis next to impossible to compete with large online retailers, when you have to cover all your overheads, if you can afford to pay more, please do so, or we ll all end up working in warehouses on minimum wage and ****e working conditions, but if you cant afford it, so be it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭dzilla

tis next to impossible to compete with large online retailers, when you have to cover all your overheads, if you can afford to pay more, please do so, or we ll all end up working in warehouses on minimum wage and ****e working conditions, but if you cant afford it, so be it

Few bits I would always buy on amazon from the uk but i have found that you had to spend over 20£ to get free delivery so you are not really saving money because you end up buying needless stuff.

Started buying the stuff online now from Irish retailers and although they might be a few more euros expensive its probably cheaper and feels better all round.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,011 ✭✭✭✭Johnboy1951

A €27 to €52 difference is way too much to pay.
    There is something else at play there other than overheads..

A €27 to €52 difference is way too much to pay.
    There is something else at play there other than overheads..

you d be surprised, taxes, insurance, utilities, and on and on and on.... its impossible to compete against behemoths such as amazon

What was the book and where did you see it? Did you check the P&P and post Brexit taxes?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,426 ✭✭✭JohnC.

It's also bad to make blanket statements based on what may be an extreme outlier.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

I actually find books can often be cheaper from Irish shops than Amazon.

Writers get feck all from Amazon book sales also I believe, so have tried to avoid them for books since.

What was the book and where did you see it? Did you check the P&P and post Brexit taxes?

The book

https://shop.thebookcentre.ie/Books/THE-ENLIGHTENMENT_9780241004821

Also this was before January 1 that it was 27 euro on Amazon.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭Nokia6230i

The book

https://shop.thebookcentre.ie/Books/THE-ENLIGHTENMENT_9780241004821

Also this was before January 1 that it was 27 euro on Amazon.

If it's any consolation it's unavailable with Bookstation, Easons or Kennys; all Irish outlets.

Book Depository has it for €30.67.

Must be a fairly substantial tome to be going for those sort of prices; Atlas of the Irish Revolution & similar are same.

Nokia6230i wrote: »
    If it's any consolation it's unavailable with Bookstation, Easons or Kennys; all Irish outlets.

Book Depository has it for €30.67.

Must be a fairly substantial tome to be going for those sort of prices; Atlas of the Irish Revolution & similar are same.

Perhaps they are are charging that price for that reason? Seems they only have two copies.

Garda car pulled across lane at the williamstoqn road roundabout thiis morning. So no entry towards tesco/ardkeen.any ideas?

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭er1983

Garda car pulled across lane at the williamstoqn road roundabout thiis morning. So no entry towards tesco/ardkeen.any ideas?

Saw that aswell. Was wondering what was going on.

117 searching the suir from fiddown to portlaw, hope its just training

• Registered Users Posts: 3,426 ✭✭✭JohnC.

It's been out for quite a while. Can see the searchlight beaming down to the river.

JohnC. wrote: »
    It's been out for quite a while. Can see the searchlight beaming down to the river.

thank god

https://www.facebook.com/waterfordcityriverrescue/posts/4164245723593973

• Advertisement

Anyone know this number - 051 810011. Missed call not known to me or google.

Advertisement