Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Random/General Chat Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,416 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

Could hear them very loudly around 2 PM for a while then all quiet - maybe the Garda finally turned up rather than stopping traffic about town.

there really should be designated areas for them to go, they just end up pi$$ing everybody off

• Registered Users Posts: 1,630 ✭✭✭marlin vs

Taking the heat off the Sulkies. Sort those fellas out first.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,380 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Fcuking quad bikes....that is all.

Wasant there a debate on Deise Today about them yesterday ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Wouldn't be surprised, a councilor did flag it up as an issue this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭dzilla

anybody spot these youngsters on modified push bikes that have have an engine on them. couple of them on the airport road yesterday easily doing 20 - 30kph

• Advertisement

Modified? Like McGyver? Or those retail powered push bikes that are starting to become a niche thing?

Its not a retail bike with a battery. Its a normal mountain bike and then theres a contraption mounted where on the frame i suppose where you would usually put the water bottle that powers the bike. looks like a little petrol engine

Interesting
    This falls under the category of pedal assisted bicycle which means:
    -NO TAX
    -NO LICENCE
    -NO INSURANCE
    -Excellent for commuting to work.
    -Great in cities to avoid traffic without compromising on speed
    -Great for teenagers who live outside town but not old enough for a licence

always likely to attract the "wrong" crowd.

Interesting

always likely to attract the "wrong" crowd.

Yea I read that aswell, like a bit of a slap in the face to anybody paying tax and insurance on a moped.

Awful looking yolks can't see the guards putting up with them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 700 ✭✭✭Oscar Madison

Is there some major politican in town this evening?

I met a convoy of Garda cars as I was coming in the Tramore Road (Pinkardstown) this evening.

There were a few unmarked cars there also!

Is there some major politican in town this evening?

I met a convoy of Garda cars as I was coming in the Tramore Road (Pinkardstown) this evening.

There were a few unmarked cars there also!

Jesus there making a serious effort to curb takeaway pints

Simon Harris going to WLR to record interview.

Hopefully, Will Damien Tierney be serious or will he half arse it and then put on his D'Unbelievables type accent for some banter

• Registered Users Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭Nokia6230i

This true? Sure Deise Today's not back til Tuesday morning; could SH not've done this, it Sunday or Monday or even oh, you know, by Zoom, MS Teams or the phone?

Unusual amt. of Gda. activity for such an "event" like?

I was joking. He'll never be seen here again. The TUSE will be announced in Carlow probably.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭friendlyfun

I was joking. He'll never be seen here again. The TUSE will be announced in Carlow probably.

Wouldn't surprise me if they opened with "It's a pleasure to announce the opening of TUSE, in the capital of the Southeast, Carlow".

Nationwide will show a drone fly over of the City (not sure about county) tonight from 7 PM

this is a great conversation about housing(thank you to the original poster), we re completely suck in regards, our politicians are lost

https://www.spreaker.com/user/wlrfm/deise-today-wednesday-may-5th-part-1?iraclickid=TGaTPyUkxxyLUmQwUx0Mo3EqUkBxrvVdB3iLWI0&irgwc=1&utm_source=affiliate&utm_medium=link&utm_campaign=skimlinks

• Advertisement

Was walking up castle street yesterday....had earphones in. Some girl stops and asks me did I had spare change. I declined. Seems to be a lot of people in Waterford city in the gear unfortunately.

Was walking up castle street yesterday....had earphones in. Some girl stops and asks me did I had spare change. I declined. Seems to be a lot of people in Waterford city in the gear unfortunately.

Yea we re in serious trouble with it, and virtually no services to support it either!

Wanderer78 wrote: »
    Yea we re in serious trouble with it, and virtually no services to support it either!

It's just really annoying when you're going about your business and someone tries to stop you for money. I wouldn't give a cent to an addict.

It's just really annoying when you're going about your business and someone tries to stop you for money. I wouldn't give a cent to an addict.

its a minor annoyance to us walking the streets, but its the sign of far more serious underlying social problems, its very worrying to watch develop

• Registered Users Posts: 700 ✭✭✭Oscar Madison

I heard recently that a particular family group has gone very quiet!

I saw that Mount Congreve entrance from Greenway is closed due to Covid Restrictions. A pity

I saw that Mount Congreve entrance from Greenway is closed due to Covid Restrictions. A pity

Ah it ll reopen soon, the new Ross greenaway is coming along very nicely, hoping to walk it all soon, done 10k stretch there a couple of weeks ago, unfortunately I think we re going a little too far with their developments, but it's great they're being done

• Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭nomoedoe

Maybe it was just closed because mount Congreve was closed? ,I’ve seen it open last week there’s a coffee van there called hatch 21 or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,330 ✭✭✭deise08

Lad and lasses, the moon is amazing tonight.

• Advertisement

nomoedoe wrote: »
    Maybe it was just closed because mount Congreve was closed? ,I’ve seen it open last week there’s a coffee van there called hatch 21 or something.

Interesting. All over their website that the Greenway entrance is closed when you go to book. Maybe they just haven't updated the website yet.

Advertisement