Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dogs leaving donations in me garden

Options
  • 06-04-2009 11:43am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,632 ✭✭✭

I live in a small village where a number of people (but not immediate neighbors) have dogs that are left to run wild all day and night, and those dogs have formed the habit of roaming my garden at night and relieving themselves all over my lawns. I have a large garden that is surrounded by hedges that the dogs can easily get through, and fencing is not an option.

I once heard about electronic devices that emit ultrasonic sounds that people can't hear but that dogs and cats find irritating, so that they are discouraged from coming near them. Has anyone heard of or used such things? Do they work? Where can they be bought?

Any help would be appreciated since the alternative seems to be to sit up all night with a shotgun since I am sick of having to clean up dog s**t:P

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 606 ✭✭✭time lord

Call the dog warden. Call a litter warden when youve spotted a culprit. Some people have left out a poisoned sausage. I'm not advocating any particular form of action but you are the one who will have to solve this.

Ps having a word with the neighbours is a waste of time nowdays, but i'm cynical..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭ponyirl

i had the same problem what i did was i borrowed an electric fence off a farmer and set up a small web inside my gate only left it 3inches off the ground so i could drive over it my mid night visitor stepped on it needless to say he didn't come back for seconds .

please note the fance was battery opperated not mains so it wouldn't do him any harm just keep him away

Advertisement