Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Corned Beef and Cabbage

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭Killme00

Sunday 31/5 Ballymun Public gym

5/3/1 Week 1 Days 1 & 2

I was doing manual labour all day yesterday and didnt make training so i ecided to double up my session today.

Squat
    60 * 10
    105 * 5
    122.5 * 5
    137.5 * 7

Bench
    60 * 12
    70 * 5
    80 * 5
    90 * 7

Deadlift
    60 * 12
    120 * 5
    137.5 * 5
    157.5 * 5

Military Press
    Bar * 12
    40 * 12
    50 * 5
    57.5 * 5
    65 * 5

DB Shoulder Press 20 * 10 * 3
    Latpulldown wide grip * 12 * 3 front and back
    Ab Pulldown * 12 * 3

Squat and Bench were easy. Military was tough.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,448 ✭✭✭Roper

Killme00 wrote: »
    Really good class tonight AND i can do a pullup!!!!!!!!
    And so yet another landmark is reached. Now all you need is some conditioning and you're set. :p

Roper wrote: »
    And so yet another landmark is reached. Now all you need is some conditioning and you're set. :p

An insult has never tasted as sweet. :pac:

You're correct of course.

When you're a coach, nothing is an insult, it's all constructive criticism. Hence I can call girls massive whenever I want.

Now of course if you were following my programme, you'd have had a conditioning day... :D

Roper wrote: »
    Now of course if you were following my programme, you'd have had a conditioning day... :D

I know, i know..its tough without a rower though. The ones in the public gym are these water ones which are sheisse. As soon as the new gym opens i will only be following the programme. No more squats will be heartbreaking but i am sure ill be too fubared from the programme to notice.

The first rule of the new programme is you dont t.....(or is that the new gyms first rule :pac::pac:)

Also i am doing something close to what i think is my best and far from what is actually my best. :D

• Advertisement

Thurs 04/06 KO Finglas

Last class in the old gym

2 hrs Gi BJJ

30 seconds bottom - 30 seconds top
    standing guard pass
    spider guard
    butterfly guard
    full guard
    half guard

Technical
    - Spider guard
    - Spider guard sweep
    - Simple spider guard to triangle (i need longer legs)

Rolling 8 * 5 min rounds

Good class. Im gonna very little for the next week until the new gym opens :D

Having a lazy week, gonna do a little bit tonight though

Cant wait to see the new gym next week

Sunday 14/06

Squat
    60 * 10
    100 *10
    140 * 3
    100 * 10

Bench
    60 * 10
    80 * 6
    90 * 6
    100 * 3

Threadmill 20 mins

First day back after a week or so off, didnt do much. The weight felt heavy though :( , but i guess thats the price you pay. Jitz tonight, cant wait.

Sunday 21/06 Ballymun

Threading water

Bench
    60 * 10
    70 * 10 * 2
    60 * 10 close grip

Squat
    60 * 20 * 3

Lat Pulldowns
    61 * 12 * 3

Threadmill 2 min walk/2 min jog
    2km in 11.50

Then i did some guns and abs.

Hopefully i will be able to finish work at a respectable hour this week to allow for training. I havent even sen the new gym yet. My clients need to understand, i have priorities ffs. :D

Wed 25/06 Informed Performance

2.5 hrs Gi BJJ

1 hour technical
    Triangle chokes

1.5 hrs rolling
    3/7 min rounds followed by 7 minute rounds for the last half hour.

Barry was talking about simplicity in subs and i got the stats arseways. here are the real numbers.

1-99update.gif

assortedsubmissions.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Chimp

Thats some pretty interestin stuff Killme. Surprised no-one's ever been caught with an omaplata before...
    Where'd you get those stats?

Thats some pretty interestin stuff Killme. Surprised no-one's ever been caught with an omaplata before...
    Where'd you get those stats?

They were on the MMA forum but i think they took them from sherdog. I guess it just highlights that the basics work 75% (Triangle,armbar, guiltoine, rnc) of the time. No gogo's, no omo's and only one n/s choke and that was Monson.

Also how is a bodylock a sub?

Some might tap to the lower spine takedown... if they'd never seen it before... or were in the wrong sport.

Or maybe someone just squeezed out a body triangle?

I think I seen that bodylock sub: He took the back, triangled his legs and squeezed like a mo' fo. Something in the other guy's back popped and he tapped out. Took him a good while before he could stand up again.
    I was surprised about the omaplata, as so many people try to set it up.

Also what's the n/s choke?

Also what's the n/s choke?

Also called the monson choke, trying to find a video now
    got one http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SSEKYbZOAT8

Sunday 28/06 Ballymun

Squat
    60 * 10
    100 * 6
    140 * 6
    100 * 6

Dumbell Bench
    20kg * 10 * 2
    24kg * 10 * 2

Lat Pulldown
    68kg * 10 * 3

Threadmill
    1.5 walk @ 5.5
    1.5 jog @ 8
    1.5 walk @ 5.5
    1.5 jog @ 8
    1.5 walk @ 5.5
    1.5 jog @ 8
    1.5 walk @ 5.5
    1.5 jog @ 8
    1.5 walk @ 5.5
    1.5 jog @ 8
    1.5 walk @ 5.5
    1.5 jog @ 8
    2 cooldown

Total 20 mins

29/06 Informed Performance

1.5 hrs No Gi BJJ

Light rolling then some techinique for escapes from side mount.

then
    10 * 5 min rolling

The matted area of Informed performance is 112 sq metres, i think i covered every inch of it tonight as i was basically a ball of sweat. Great class with some tough rolling. :D

Monday 06/07 Informed Performance

Ive done fck all training because the floods destroyed my house but tonight i made the jits class and boy am i glad that i did. SBG is being renovated at the moment so there were lots of extra bodies up tonight, all with more jits experience in their little toe than i have in my entire body. Great class, i hope to christ nothing else goes wrong in the next few days so i can make the thursday class.

Sunday 12/07

Squat
    60 * 6
    100 * 6
    120 * 6
    140 * 6
    150 * 3

Bench
    60 * 10 * 3
    70 * 10 * 2

Followed by lots of shoulder work.

Mon 13/07 No gi BJJ

Did some mobility warmup and then some hip mobility followed by rolling for a straight 30 mins with Scotty, nice and easy, lots of position with only a little pressure.

Technique: Barry went through two nice kimura finishes from side control. Seems like a tight little technique which i will definitely use if ever overcome my problems with escaping half guard. :pac:

Rolling: 6 * 7 mins with 1 min rest
    Tough going but enjoyable as always. Andy tapped me like a drum the two times i rolled with him, i need to move hy hips more when i am on bottom.

I am finding it very hard to control my partner when they are smaller and i am in their half guard. I cant seem to put pressure on them and cant quite get the correct hook (under or over, farside or near), i also think im a bit too high (need to get hips lower). So thats one thing i really need to work on and with in mind i am setting myself a little task for the next two weeks to escape half guard whenever i roll, forget subs for now and just escape. Obviously the opposite for when i am on bottom, ie maintain half guard and reclaim guard. This counts for gi and no gi.

:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,472 ✭✭✭Kev M

Mon 13/07 No gi BJJ

Did some mobility warmup and then some hip mobility followed by rolling for a straight 30 mins with Scotty, nice and easy, lots of position with only a little pressure.

Technique: Barry went through two nice kimura finishes from side control. Seems like a tight little technique which i will definitely use if ever overcome my problems with escaping half guard. :pac:

Rolling: 6 * 7 mins with 1 min rest
    Tough going but enjoyable as always. Andy tapped me like a drum the two times i rolled with him, i need to move hy hips more when i am on bottom.

I am finding it very hard to control my partner when they are smaller and i am in their half guard. I cant seem to put pressure on them and cant quite get the correct hook (under or over, farside or near), i also think im a bit too high (need to get hips lower). So thats one thing i really need to work on and with in mind i am setting myself a little task for the next two weeks to escape half guard whenever i roll, forget subs for now and just escape. Obviously the opposite for when i am on bottom, ie maintain half guard and reclaim guard. This counts for gi and no gi.

:D

I've got to learn some of this stuff some day!

I think you're looking for big movements too much. Bottom is a game of millimetres and toightness, especially with someone like Andy. Little shrimps to make space and frame, and little bridges to get your underhooks are probably the way to go. I'll have a look on Thursday night.

14/07

Dumbell bench
    20kg bells * 12 * 5

Lat Pulldown
    75kg * 10 * 3 wide grip
    65kg * 10 * 2 chin grip

Tricep Extensions
    35kg * 12 * 3

Chest press 12 * 3
    GHR 12 * 3

Crosstrainer :pac::pac::pac: 20mins lvl 16

Just a ticking over session as i was accompanying someone else :pac:

Wed 15/07 Muay Thai

Warmup: 3 rounds shadow boxing with 20 pushups, squats and burpees between rounds.

5 rounds of padwork
    5 rounds of sparring

followed by Paddy abs ie torture

I really gassed during the sparring and Paddy really took me apart with some nice kicks. Enjoyed tonight, lots of hard training ahead.

Thurs 16/07 BJJ Gi night

1hr BJJ 101 - Technique: Mount
    -Mount position (drilled with spazzing partner :pac:)
    -Mount control ( drilled with spazzing partner, very effective)
    -High mount
    -High mount to armbar
    -3 armbar finishes from there (2 nice, 1 nasty)

1hr Rolling
    9 * 5 min rounds with 1 min break

Barry worked on my half guard bottom and then top and pointed out lots of big things im doing wrong ie flat on the back is useless and lazy, i have to get on my side. Its very tiring so im gonna try to drill the fck out of it whenever i get the chance to get the technique, endurance and muscle memory. From half guard top i am allowing my partner to get the underhook and am then moving to a pointless head control, i need to switch my arm back to the hip (via the leg) to regain control. I think i need to slow down when i'm on top, little movements are harder to defend than big movements.

Tonight was a really good class, i learned lots.

-Mount position (drilled with spazzing partner :pac:)
    -Mount control ( drilled with spazzing partner, very effective)

Haha Class - I know exactly what you mean.

Friday: No training, i got very drunk and had about ten jager bombs. I only meant to go out for an hour!!
    Saturday: My poor head, no training
    Sunday: Manual labour, no training
    Monday: I got my tattoo finished so couldnt do the jits last night.

Lots of bullchit excuses, although with the exception of the alcohol on Friday my diet was super clean.

Tues 21/07

Squat
    60 * 10
    100 * 6
    120 * 6

Bench
    60 * 10
    70 * 10
    80 * 10
    80 * 6

Lat Pulldown 55 * 10 * 3
    Tricep Pulldown 27 * 12 * 3
    Pullover 55 * 10 * 3
    worked the guns a little too!! :pac:

Threadmill
    Alt walk/jog 1min/1min 12 mins total

Light session, cant train mma because of new tattoo. This may be my last tattoo because missing jits last night is still bugging me.

22/07 Muay Thai

3 * 3 min skipping

5 * 3 mins Pad work
    - punch and knee combos
    - punch, clinch and knee
    - punch and kick combos
    - block kick and counter combos
    - catch kick and counter combos

Then while everyone else sparred (my precious new tattoo is still healing), i did:
    2 * 3 mins Pad work
    - kicks and kickouts
    - punch and punchouts

1 * 3 mins Bag work
    - low kicks

:pac:

• Advertisement

Thurs 23/07 BJJ 2.5 hrs

101 Class:
    - Guard, break down posture
    - sleeve grab and pull to opposite side to break posture
    - arm drag, head position and take back, small movements
    - opposite side sweep when they pus weight down

Rolling
    2 * 5 mins
    2 * 6 mins
    1 * 7 mins

Technique: Scissors guard sweep, two options, both of which will be used depending on opponents size

Rolling
    5 * 4 mins, 2 * 8 mins

Got caught in an awkward kneebar, tapped but my leg got caught in opponent and got twsited to fck...gonna be sore tomorrow. Resisted a kimura but eventually tapped a little late...gonna be sore tomorrow.

Also, caught myself using some real strength against a partner, quickly realised what i was doing, slowed down and worked position before a sub. I worked my half guard against everyone i rolled with, with varying degrees of success. Loving Jits in the new gym with the huge area and big classes.

Advertisement