Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Corned Beef and Cabbage

Options
12346»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭Killme00

Tuesday: Rest day, pre-empting a cold

Wednesday: Jits, light rolling and technique to get ready for my first competition on Sunday

01/10

Jits 101 and Rolling:

-Side control defensive position
    -Side control defense to underhook to knees
    -takesdowns from the knees

Rolling 2*10mins

-North south control
    -Chokes from north south

Rolling 1*10mins

• Registered Users Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Chimp

Best of luck on Sunday man!

Hey Killme, any update on the Comp? I'm guessing it was the Dublin BJJ comp?

Hey Killme, any update on the Comp? I'm guessing it was the Dublin BJJ comp?

Yes it was. I got a bye in the first round and was paired with a huge guy in the semi final. I got a lovely takedown and finished in top side control. As i was passing to mount (i should have passed to side control like i normally would with a bigger guy), i lost base and got swept. My opponent, Paul, then tried to pass my guard but finished in my half guard. I was working for the sweep but he had head control and my neck popped three times (snap, crackle and pop) and i tapped. One of the guys from the gym has a video and as soon as i get it from him, i'll pop it up.

Really enjoyable day and great experience. I know what i have to work on to get a better result next time.

My name is Tom btw :D

• Advertisement

05/10 BJJ

Mobility and Stability warmup. Extra hip and neck warmups, the weather has turned and its getting cold so warmups and warmdowns are more important than ever. We then drilled guard passing for five minutes to get the blood flowing.

Technique:
    - Arm Drag
    - Arm Drag to taking the back
    - Finishing from the back (gable grip, vice grip)
    - Finishing from the back Jerk Jitsu (nose wipe, double grip, forehead in back of head)
    - clearing the hands (one arm attack, one arm defend)

Rolling:
    4*5mins

Drilling:
    -Finishing from the back against resisiting opponent

Rolling:
    4*5mins

Very good class. I have a cold and will miss tonight, ive taken some drugs and hope to kick it for MT tomorrow night.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,448 ✭✭✭Roper

Killme00 wrote: »
    Very good class. I have a cold and will miss tonight, ive taken some drugs and hope to kick it for MT tomorrow night.
    Gay.

Im dying of a cold. Ive taken panadol, disprin, uniflu max and now amoxicillin.

No training since Monday, im out of breath walking up the stairs because this cold is so heavy on my chest and i am fighting Will Heffernan on Saturday. Boourns!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,462 ✭✭✭cardio,shoot me

i hear ya buddy, ive been taking panadol and disprin on top of some throat spray and calpol type substance, i look like death....

This thread reaks of swine flu!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,448 ✭✭✭Roper

Im dying of a cold. Ive taken panadol, disprin, uniflu max and now amoxicillin.

No training since Monday, im out of breath walking up the stairs because this cold is so heavy on my chest and i am fighting Will Heffernan on Saturday. Boourns!!

I'll start the chorus.

buck

buck

buck buck

buck buck buck bwaaaakkk buck buck buck buck

That's a chicken impression. It takes a lot of nerve to go to an isolation unit in the Mater just to catch swine flu so you can get out of a fight though, so you have my grudging respect. Seriously though get better fast because even if you have to keel over with exhaustion in round 1, you have to be fit and ready for the post fight festivities.

Roper wrote: »
    I'll start the chorus.

buck

buck

buck buck

buck buck buck bwaaaakkk buck buck buck buck

That's a chicken impression. It takes a lot of nerve to go to an isolation unit in the Mater just to catch swine flu so you can get out of a fight though, so you have my grudging respect. Seriously though get better fast because even if you have to keel over with exhaustion in round 1, you have to be fit and ready for the post fight festivities.

Feeling better today, just a sore head and a chesty cough now. I'll be fighting regardless and partaking in a few soial beverages afterwards too.

Will Heffernan busted my nose with a jab and then controlled me on the ground before making me tap with some kind of shoulder lock (all i know is that it hurt). Will was great as was the whole night, congrats to the victors Team D-struction. Congrats to Informed Performance for hosting a great night.

Some tips for MMA
    -Dont block with your face
    -Setup your takedowns

12/10 BJJ

Butterfly guard passes

Rolling 10mins *2

Half Guard passes

Rolling 10mins *3

14/10 Muay Thai

Skipping 3mins *3

Padwork 3mins *5
    -Boxing
    -Kicking
    -Knees
    -All in
    -All in

• Registered Users Posts: 39,322 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Will Heffernan busted my nose with a jab and then controlled me on the ground before making me tap with some kind of shoulder lock (all i know is that it hurt). Will was great as was the whole night, congrats to the victors Team D-struction. Congrats to Informed Performance for hosting a great night.

Read about that in the BBV, unlucky.
    What was the sub he used, kimura?

Mellor wrote: »
    Read about that in the BBV, unlucky.
    What was the sub he used, kimura?

yeah a kimura, it wasnt unlucky...Will did everything he needed to, i did nothing. It was a good experience (this is my way of saying ffs i wanna tear something apart)

• Registered Users Posts: 39,322 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Fair play to you for trting, I have it in my head i'll get into the ring (octagon even) at some stage. But saying and doing are two different things. What weight did you fight at?

19/10

Robert Drysdal eseminar Day 1 No Gi

-Lots of fun stuffs, 3 hours worth

20/10 Conditioning C1

Mobility and Stability warmup

Prowler Push 15m each way 40kgs
    10 in 10mins

Workblock A 15 mins
    -Stepups 5/5
    - T pushups 5/5
    - Inverted Rows
    Completed 10 reps in 15 mins

Prowler Push 15m each way 40kgs
    10 in 10mins

Workblock A 15 mins
    -Elevated Split Squats 5/5
    -Swiss Bar bench 60kg*5
    - Pullups *5 (band assisted for me!)
    Completed 10 reps in 15 mins

Fist session conditioing session after viral infection, tough going but i'll will need to increase the prowler weight back t 60kg for the next run.

• Advertisement

Robert Drysdale day 2 in the gi, sore body but totally worth it.

Strength S1

Mobility and Stability warmup

Goblet Squats
    30kg *8*2
    35kg*5
    40kg*5*2
    45kg*5*2

RDL
    60kg*8*5

Alternate Plate Passing 10kg*20*3

Incline DB bench
    20kg*8*2
    30kg*5*3

Blast Strap Inverted Rows 10*5

Preacher Curls 20kg*12*3

Didnt stick around for Muay Thai because i was feeling very tired. GHEY.

23/10 Conditioing C2
    Stability and Mobility warmup

Prowler Push 60kgs 15metres each way
    10 in 12 mins

Workblock A:
    - Burpess *5
    - Push Press 40kg*5
    -Pullups *5 (assisted)
    12 in 15mins

Prowler Push 40kgs 15metres each way
    11 in 10 mins