Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Type O Negative

• 06-04-2009 12:13pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭

Not seen them mentioned much on here, so thought I would give them a shout.

Just got the remastered version of Slow Deep And Hard today, and it sounds damn good.

Loved this album when it came out, but compared to modern albums the production on my original cd sounds quite muted.

The remaster is cleaner and louder and sounds far crisper.

It is still their second best album for me (Bloody Kisses still is my number one, especially on vinyl), but sounds better than ever.

For anyone interested, BK is being reissued next month.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭Otis Driftwood

Bloody Kisses is a great,great album,defo my fave of theirs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭Stev_o

Tbh all i remember them for is their one video on scuzz with them all dressed in scrubs and various actors wearing womens clothes or something. That and the lead vocalist had massive incisors!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭finbarr

Great band. One of the true originals of metal in the 90s. Bloody Kisses and October Rust are classics.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,602 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

A lot of time for this band! October Rust is probably one of my most played albums of the last year (if my last.fm stats are anything to go by).

Life Is Killing Me was a let down though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 293 ✭✭Cathy666

I'm a big fan of Type O Negative. I was brought up listening to them, Sabbath, Deep Purple and Iron Maiden. Gotta love my Mammy :D
    I'm looking forward to the remastered vesion of Bloody Kisses.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Undergod

Bloody Kisses is a fantastic album, as is October Rust. Almost no-one can take the piss like Type O Negative.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 340 ✭✭ADTR

Stev_o wrote: »
    Tbh all i remember them for is their one video on scuzz with them all dressed in scrubs and various actors wearing womens clothes or something. That and the lead vocalist had massive incisors!

That songs called "I Don't Wanna Be Me". And it's also the only song by them that I remotely enjoy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭stateofflux

very underrated band...bloody kisses blew me away and is probably the best produced album i ever heard.....everything is crystal clear nomatter how much is going on.....love october rust and life is killing me rocks also....

gotta love pete steele....in an ever changing world of recessions and gloom...theres always pete steele with a bottle of wine, chain for a guitar strap and absolute disdain for everything lol....rrrrockkk!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Sod you all that me stuck listening to them for the rest of the evening.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭Nea

LOVE Type O and must pick this up.
    I really liked Dead Again tho it did take awhile to get into it.

Would love to see them again, saw them years ago and they played Light My Fire, twas the best version I have ever heard of it.

Then again Pete Steele would make the Barney Song sound sexy!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

I was a fan of these guys for a very long time. Picked up Bloody Kisses many, many moons ago. I loved World Coming Down, which was probably not a great album, but really had some amazing songs.

I'd say October Rust was my favourite album of theirs...

Advertisement