Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Spencer Tunick.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,483 ✭✭✭Ostrom

Thats not very nice of him....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭AnimalRights

haha, that reply made me laugh. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,489 ✭✭✭iMax

Bad form.

Hope to still get the print

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭AnCatDubh

well it's not saying that he won't exhibit but if you read between the lines he's saying that the proposed venue is not compatible with his desire to exhibit - in a gallery such as national museum / modern art / etc..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭garthv

That's a joke, the CHQ building is a great place to display his work.

Speaking of his work actually, I took part in the photo shoot last year and we were all supposed to recieve a copy of the photo. I've emailed his studio about 5 times with no response. Anybody get a copy of this shoot?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 453 ✭✭irishcrazyhorse

Didnt get a response either from his studio,but i say he gets hundreds every week asking the same thing!
    I havent heard of anyone in Cork getting a print anyway.
    I just wouldnt mind seeing the finished piece sometime soon

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,586 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

There's a thread already going on this just recently.
    That is one of the most ambiguously pieces of reporting (even for The Heralds *standards*).
    The release of the photos to individuals is not resting on Spencer's exhibition.
    I don't think it's bad form of him. He should be selective on how and where his work is displayed. It's his brand and he's very successful at managing it.

I'd read it that there are difficulties between camps.

But he shouldn't feel he has to settle for an exhibition arena he's not happy with nor should he feel he has to play ball with an organization he doesn't rate.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,565 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

Thats bad form :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭trooney

According to the ST the limited edition prints will be sent to all who participated sometime in June of this year -

"Those who took part were told that Tunick’s images would be displayed in Dublin in summer 2009. The artist’s naked models were also promised a limited edition print of one of his images for taking part. Last week the DDDA confirmed volunteers would still receive a limited edition photograph to mark the event. These will be distributed in June"

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/world/ireland/article6037105.ece

He is a bit cranky.

Best line of the day on the wall "would the guy in the wheelchair please stay still!".

I'd be very dubious as to how the full distribution of prints to participents will go.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,082 ✭✭✭lostexpectation

wasn't he commisssioned by the DDDA? didn't he realise they would want it exibited there. chq is a grand building.

wasn't he commisssioned by the DDDA? didn't he realise they would want it exibited there. chq is a grand building.

He was commissioned by the DDDA to come to Dublin and do his schtick. He came, he schticked he left.
    The follow up plans to the shoot were left in the air by the DDDA. Look no further than the DDDA to lay the blame of this non-sense.
    It isn't difficult to imagine it as your own shoot , your own work, your own professionalism being dicked about by a mangerial lost cause of a dizzy client. Imagine arranging a shoot, doing said shoot and one year later being expected to exhibit at the whim of that client?!!
    It doesn't fall at the feet of ST to jump through whichever moveable hoops a past client wishes for him to jump through after the event.
    CHQ is a white elephant shopping mall. Whichever way you look at the CHQ (even with gallery) it is A SHOPPING MALL.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,082 ✭✭✭lostexpectation

so the important bit in that rant was they didn't agree before hand that he was going exhibit it in the ddda

Eh...yeah. That's about it. If there was a detailed contract specifying every future twist and he had signed on the line, and there was final completion money involved then I'm pretty sure he would adhere to that. That is the way business should be (and is for many professionals).

Mind you the piece in The Herald is, as I said already, very shoddy. It says very little. It is light as air on detail and facts of the matter. Lacklustre space-filler. Perhaps there is a story there but it hasn't been reported yet. I would be surprised if there was 25% accuracy in the meanderings that was printed.

Advertisement