Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sky Arts 1 showing Classic Albums Documentaries

Options
  • 06-04-2009 12:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭

Sorry if this has been mentioned before, but for those with Sky Arts 1 and/or Sky Anytime, they're showing a series about the making of various classic rock albums at 9pm all this month (and a little into May), starting tonight. Here's the full list of albums and when they're on:

6.4. Pink Floyd - Dark Side of the Moon
    7.4. U2 - Joshua Tree
    8.4. Deep Purple - Machine Head
    9.4. Phil Collins - Face Value
    10.4. The Who - Who's Next
    13.4. Elvis Presley - Elvis Presley
    14.4. Fleetwood Mac - Rumours
    15.4. Sex Pistols - Never Mind the Bollocks
    16.4. Bob Marley and the Wailers - Catch a Fire
    17.4. Jimi Hendrix - Electric Ladyland
    20.4. Meatloaf - Bat Out of Hell
    21.4. Band - Band
    22.4. Elton John - Goodbye Yellow Brick Road
    23.4. Stevie Wonder - Songs in the Key of Life
    24.4. Metallica - Metallica
    27.4. Steely Dan - AJA
    28.4. Def Leppard - Hysteria
    29.4. Iron Maiden - The Number of the Beast
    30.4. Lou Reed - Transformer
    1.5. Paul Simon - Graceland
    4.5. Grateful Dead - American Beauty
    5.5. Judas Priest - British Steel

I think it may be a repeat of a series that was on BBC2 a while ago. I watched the Dark Side Of the Moon one and had definitely seen it before (but can't remember where).

Anyway, It's a great series and it's well worth a look (especially the Dark Side Of The Moon one! :D ).

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭The Swordsman

Unfortunately I don't have Sky Arts (not on the Chorus package) - I wouldn't mind seeing some of those.

If the one on 'Rumours' is the same programme that I'm thinking of, then I'd recommend you watch it whether you like the album or not. It really goes into all the turmoil that was going on within the band at the time. Its amazing that the album ever got made.

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭citycentre

Yes the Rumours episode is a great piece of TV... And the one on Graceland is fantastic too, lots of delving into the different vocal layers and tracks...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,432 ✭✭✭big b

It's worth keeping an eye on Sky Arts 1 for occassional superb programmes.

Couple of weeks ago, in amongst Roy Orbison night & Duran duran, there was an hour of Zappa Plays Zappa. Superb stuff, and can't remember seeing it on any other station.
    They often trot out a few old favs too - DSOTM, Peter Gabriels Growing Up tour, Genesis nights etc etc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 178 ✭✭Lynskey

Saw the Dark Side of the Moon one as well-completely agree its a classic

Advertisement