Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Climbers/clematus

Options
  • 06-04-2009 12:38pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 35

What do you think of the idea of climbers such as clematus etc being planted around an unsightly oil tank?

Would they grow on this surface? Is it safe? I have never seen this done before!!

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 114 ✭✭Callow Man

Yes, this should work fine once they have someting solid to attach onto(some trellis or panel). You will need to keep cuttting them back as they grow at a savage rate.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 Alroos

Thanks Callow Man, will keep the pruners handy so!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,167 ✭✭✭gsxr1

Callow Man wrote: »
    Yes, this should work fine once they have someting solid to attach onto(some trellis or panel). You will need to keep cuttting them back as they grow at a savage rate.

how do I cut them back. I have one planted last autumn and its bursting into life now. I looks like its going to flower soon.

DSC00553__Large_.JPG

its called "the president" with blue flowers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 114 ✭✭Callow Man

Nice photo. I would'nt worry about cutting that one back for a while. I talking years more so than months.
    I planted some along an ugly back wall in the garden of a house that we have since sold a few years ago. They grew very quickly and within 3 years they had covered the 10 foot wall and half way across the roof of the neighbours shed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,167 ✭✭✭gsxr1

thanks. I thought it might help it grow more by cutting. But I guess its far to young for it.

3 weeks ago that plant was dead with one twig running into the trellis.

now look at it. its clibing fast .

• Advertisement
Advertisement