Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

List of dry cleaning prices in Dublin

Options
  • 06-04-2009 12:42pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 49

Had a look for a thread on this but couldn't find one:

I'm trying to find the cheapest dry cleaner in Dublin. Basically I find that for a basic dry clean, i.e. anything not covered in curry, the service is basically the same wherever you go, so I just want to go to the cheapest place.

Last few times I went to that place on Trinity St... something like Excel dry cleaners? It seemed to me that they were super expensive - perhaps their rates are higher based on their location. But it always gets me that the guy in there tries to sell me this 'special' version of their service, making me think I need it, which I now realise just costs an extra fortune for no appreciable difference in result.

So where in Dublin do you get your dry cleaning done? Do you know the price for a pair of trousers, jacket, shirt? Or for dresses for the ladies? It might be handy to have a thread comparing them all right here so we can better exercise our consumer savvy.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 49 common_parlance

Harcourt Laundrette:

Dry Cleaning Service

Suit|€14.00
    Jacket|€9.00
    Trousers|€8.00
    Coat|€14.00
    Dress (short)|€11.00
    Dress (long)|€14.00
    Knitwear|€8.00
    Blouse/shirt|€5.50
    Tie|€5.50
    Prices correct as of June '09.

How does yours compare?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

I'd guess this would be better off in the Dublin forum, or Rip off Ireland if you know the prices from the places that charge too much.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Moved to Dublin City

dudara

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Sandford Dry Cleaners on Sandford Gardens in Dublin 8 are very reasonably priced, not sure on exact prices off the top of my head.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 JimmyJoyce

Had a look for a thread on this but couldn't find one:

I'm trying to find the cheapest dry cleaner in Dublin. Basically I find that for a basic dry clean, i.e. anything not covered in curry, the service is basically the same wherever you go, so I just want to go to the cheapest place.

Last few times I went to that place on Trinity St... something like Excel dry cleaners? It seemed to me that they were super expensive - perhaps their rates are higher based on their location. But it always gets me that the guy in there tries to sell me this 'special' version of their service, making me think I need it, which I now realise just costs an extra fortune for no appreciable difference in result.

So where in Dublin do you get your dry cleaning done? Do you know the price for a pair of trousers, jacket, shirt? Or for dresses for the ladies? It might be handy to have a thread comparing them all right here so we can better exercise our consumer savvy.

Anyone know cheap dry cleaners in Dublin 1,2,3 or 4 areas - so bloody expensive I reckon if someone started charging reasonable prices they'd make a fortune from volume & return business

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement