Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

wireless broadband - local only access

Options
  • 06-04-2009 1:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 44

hi there-

i have an acer extensa 5220. it's usually fine connecting to wireless internet but recently it's been temperamental. we have a wireless eircom broadband connection but while it connects fine to the lan, it won't connect to the internet. it's set to obtain an ip address automatically, and anyway i've done this http://tinyurl.com/cfx74b and it didn't work. my pc is connecting fine, and it's also wireless. there's no point ringing customer support, so any ideas?? any help would be great!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,336 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

Do a tracert to some arbitrary ip address in a command prompt and that will tell you how far it will get.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭Johnny Bitte

Can you connect it to the router with a cable to see if the router is connecting to the internet. If not then its the Eircom connection.

If it is then obvisously its the wireless either on the router or on the laptop.

Try going into to your laptop wireless settings and disconnting complete and then reconnect to the router and restarting the router if that doesnt help.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Moved from Laptops.

Advertisement