Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Martial Arts Club & Gym in City Centre

Options
  • 06-04-2009 1:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭

Does anybody know if there is any martial arts club in the city centre that also has a reasonable gym?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭mcdermott

what city?

If its Belfast then check out

www.kyoujinmma.co.uk

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭bret69

No sorry it's Dublin city centre...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭mark.leonard

Yes because when you say city center, you couldn't be talking about any city other than Dublin, right? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,995 ✭✭✭Tim_Murphy

In fairness, most culchie cities don't have centres so it should have been fairly obvious.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,448 ✭✭✭Roper

I've never been anywhere else other than Dublin that used the term City Centre.

We're in the process of moving to a new facility that will have a great gym, but we're not in the CC.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭Kevin Moran

Tim_Murphy wrote: »
    In fairness, most culchie cities don't have centres so it should have been fairly obvious.

To be fair, I think where we hold the mart every Thursday should be considered the centre, epicentre of business and all that. :D

To answer the original question, SBG on the long mile road has an area with weights from what I've heard, haven't a clue though if thats in the centre though! ignorance is bliss! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭philip graham

raw gym have a huge gym area and have a few different martial arts going on there too. they are a small walk from stevens green. you can find a map there on rawcondition.com

• Registered Users Posts: 1,995 ✭✭✭Tim_Murphy

To answer the original question, SBG on the long mile road has an area with weights from what I've heard, haven't a clue though if thats in the centre though! ignorance is bliss! :D
    You're such a bogger. Long Mile isn't in the city centre.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭Killme00

This fictional Dublin City centre MMA gym could hold an called "The Rising" every easter.

OP, are you living in the city centre, if so Dublin Bus can get you to most of Dublins MMA gyms.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,624 ✭✭✭Dancor

Roper wrote: »
    We're in the process of moving to a new facility that will have a great gym, but we're not in the CC.

Recomended

Im living in the city centre and KO was the handiest and if the present gym is anything to go by, the new one will be great.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭terry_s

Theres a new BBJ club only started two weeks ago in SV fitness in the IFSC run by a Brazilian Guy he also covers MMA & submission wrestling.

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭ShayC

terry_s wrote: »
    Theres a new BBJ club only started two weeks ago in SV fitness in the IFSC run by a Brazilian Guy he also covers MMA & submission wrestling.

Anyone been to this club? Any good?

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭bret69

Thanks for the responses lads.

I'm familiar with most of the above that have been suggested and agree they are great but I live and work in Dublin city centre, so I'd really like to find a place there.

The Raw gym looks interesting. Anybody know anything about that?

Are the classes included in membership?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭philip graham

classes and gym membership are seperate in raw.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 410 ✭✭johnathan woss

terry_s wrote: »

Hi Terry do you have any more details on this?
    What belt is the brazilian, how much is each class?
    Thanks.

Did a class this morning with the Brazilian instructor he's only living in Dublin 2 months. Im a total beginner but it was just the two of us this morning. The classes are on tuesday and thursday both mornings at 9.30 and nights at 8pm
    .Have done two classes so far and its mainly just Brazilian guys very friendly bunch make you feel very welcome. its 60
    a month and he said his club in Brazils website is http://www.jjbh.com/english/index.html
    he a brown belt with a black tip on it not sure about the gradings in bjj yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭ShayC

Hi Terry,

I'm hoping to join this class as it's close to work.
    I'll only be able to come in for an hour.
    Appreciate your opinion on whether to come in later or leave early.
    Would be happy enough to skip the situps but don't want to miss the instruction.

thanks
    Shay

sent you a PM

• Closed Accounts Posts: 410 ✭✭johnathan woss

Thanks Terry.

Does anyone have an email contact for the coach ?

Advertisement