Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Villareal vs Arsenal, First Leg

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭tony1kenobi

Lads doesn't Jim Beglin talk some shyte. He is the whiniest commentator I have ever heard.

On the record I am happy at half time. I reckon that yellow will have pissed off Cesc enough to go and get a hat trick....He might wait till Bobby Pires comes on....just to give him a lesson.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,419 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Hmm, not sure about bobby, former players have an awful habit of scoring against us.....

I'd take song off now and get bendtner on, get nasri and walcott on the wings.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,570 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

We really do have to limit this to a one goal defeat.
    I'd take 2-1 sooner that 1-0 though, Villareal will score at The Emirates I reckon, so we really need an away goal to match them.

Mickeroo wrote: »
    I'd take song off now and get bendtner on, get nasri and walcott on the wings.

Maybe with 20 minutes left, take Song off now and Villareal will run over us.
    I'd sooner see Vela on anyway, Adebayor and Bendtner still doesn't strike me as a viable partnership

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,419 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Frisbee wrote: »
    Maybe with 20 minutes left, take Song off now and Villareal will run over us.
    I'd sooner see Vela on anyway, Adebayor and Bendtner still doesn't strike me as a viable partnership

Yea they're a bit similar alright, bendtner is probably the player that makes me rip my hair out the most, for every goal he gets he misses like 10 sitters.

We need someone lik Senna in the middle, still our biggest flaw i think.

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Yea they're a bit similar alright, bendtner is probably the player that makes me rip my hair out the most, for every goal he gets he misses like 10 sitters.

Not even that. Adebayor isn't anywhere near clinical enough. We really need someone up there with him who can put the goals away.
    RVP and Eduardo would be first choice. With neither of them on the bench though I'd like to see Vela up there

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,264 ✭✭✭✭jester77

Cesc was lucky there!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,254 ✭✭✭shano_88

any links lads. unfortunatley i dont have itv4....

RVP is a big loss for this match. Shame eduardo is a bit stop start at the mo with recovery, i think once hes back and gets a good run he'll be an automatic first choice, great finisher.

WE're playing better this half.

• Advertisement

shano_88 wrote: »

It's on Setanta Ireland if you have that?

4-5-1 is ok for these European games but Cesc is wasted in that advanced midfield role imo

Also I doubt Fabregas will see the end of this game

http://goonerstreams.com/match.php

f*k it. i have setanta ireland. at least il catch the last half hour. sound!!!

YYYEEEEEESSSSS!!!

Get in :D

what a finish!

adebayour!!!!! i must be a good luck charm...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,692 ✭✭✭✭OPENROAD

mike65 wrote: »
    Tis all going Pete Tong.

Not anymore :D:D:D

What a fookin goal!! :)

Who said Adebayor wasn't clinical enough?

:cool:

Bit more urgency about them now,could win this yet i reckon :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,706 ✭✭✭premierstone

we look the most likely winners now

• Advertisement

Nasri's touch has been poor today!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,139 ✭✭✭Wreck

Great stuff, fully deserved equaliser, Arsenal have been much better since half time
    Who said Adebayor wasn't clinical enough?

:cool:

Me, and I still say it, although if he keeps up this run since his return I may have to retract that - tbh I'd be delighted to be proved wrong. :D

Wreck wrote: »
    Me, and I still say it, although if he keeps up this run since his return I may have to retract that - tbh I'd be delighted to be proved wrong. :D

I was joking man, I'd said it about 10 posts back... :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,706 ✭✭✭premierstone

A few ropey minutes there near the end but a well deserved result and in control of the tie now

• Registered Users Posts: 11,692 ✭✭✭✭OPENROAD

Great result, very happy with that :)

Good result and what I was hoping for before the game.

Maybe he was just not 100% match fit but have to say I was disappointed by Fabregas' attitude in the last ten minutes.
    Couple of times he threw his arms up when someone didn't do what he wanted of them and he stopped tracking.

1-1 away to Villareal after that first half performance and with our goalkeeper and CB subbed off injured - more than happy

very very good result. should be able to close that out in the emirates. United in trouble, lets have a party!!!

Gallas long term injury......Big Al out for 2 weeks.....

Great result though.......surely we'll concede at home before pummelling them.

Then Porto in the semis.....it's looking good!!

Gallas long term injury......Big Al out for 2 weeks.....

Great result though.......surely we'll concede at home before pummelling them.

Then Porto in the semis.....it's looking good!!

Man United Will be in that semi final if we get that far

Man United Will be in that semi final if we get that far

cant be sure of that. porto are very good at home....

• Advertisement

cant be sure of that. porto are very good at home....

Porto is a hard place to go alright, and I'd be delighted to come up against Porto, I still think United have enough to get there.

All assuming of course that we make it through

Porto haven't been beaten at home by an English side....between that and the fact United appear to be in a slump its looking good for Porto to go through.

Of course I'd much rather beat Man U in the semis. Then no one can say we got an easy ride. Knock out the champions then beat Liverpool in the final eh?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

Anyone else think Touré was a collosus today?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

Galvasean wrote: »

Indeed, thought song outstanding as well though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

You think? I taught he had a number of poor tackles and bad passes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,397 ✭✭✭yahoo_moe

Yup, he's been back to his best recently - really strong and dominant again.

God knows he was ****e for most of the season though so I reckon it's the least he owes...

You think? I taught he had a number of poor tackles and bad passes.

He had a decent game i thought. Not good, not bad.
    Felt Nasri was very poor

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Couple of cracking goals in this match

RTÉ just showed Senna's goal at least 10 times from different angles.... relax there lads :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,046 ✭✭✭eZe^

Adebayors goal was absolute quality, reminded me of Rivaldo vs Valencia.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 970 ✭✭✭Kirnsy

as long as silvestre doesn't come in for gallas we should be ok fingers crossed.

oh to have arshavin available in the CL.

we are a different team with him.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Sensational goal from Ade which really got us out of jail. We played better in the second half but were still lucky to get the draw. Villarreal played some great stuff, and I wouldn't be surprised to see them get an away goal themselves.

Toure and Sagna were exceptional. Fabianski had a very good game also.

I'm confident we can win it in the second leg. Cesc will be in better shape and hopefully Robin or Eduardo will available to give the side a bit more balance. Adebayor was so isolated tonight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

^
    Gallas could be out though!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭Podge2k7

Good goal from adebayer and i was expecting a draw and also had money on it so happy days.!:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

Dave! wrote: »
    ^
    Gallas could be out though!

I actually prefer Djourou along side Toure. not as good a player, but i dunno, i think with a bit of games behind them Djourou and Toure will have a better balance or something.

after me saying that though he'll probably make a few howlers in the next couple of games.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,001 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Two great goals. Adebayor is the best strker in the PL imo.

I still hope Villareal win though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,043 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

eagle eye wrote: »
    Two great goals. Adebayor is the best strker in the PL imo.

I still hope Villareal win though.

Really? Has to be Torres for me! Hopefully Adebayor can prove to be less wasteful though and maybe stay onside more often too!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

Amazing, amazing goal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,397 ✭✭✭yahoo_moe

I actually prefer Djourou along side Toure. not as good a player, but i dunno, i think with a bit of games behind them Djourou and Toure will have a better balance or something.
    Toure's been great recently but Gallas has been better all season. Problem is, as you say, that it's not the most balanced of partnerships.

With both at their best (last couple of games, start of last season) and the team playing well and hogging the ball, it all works out but it's definitely an area that I'll always be slightly nervous about.
    PHB wrote:
    Amazing, amazing goal.
    Which one? :p

Ade's was clearly better.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭ErinGoBrath

Kirnsy wrote: »
    oh to have arshavin available in the CL.

we are a different team with him.

My sentiments exactly. We won't win the CL without him, he's the key to unlock tight defences.

Advertisement