Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Newb/ Model planes

Options
  • 06-04-2009 1:32pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 453 ✭✭

I'm think of getting a model plane. I think I'd go for an electric because i have nitro cars.
    Now, so far I think I'm going to get an aeronaut rocky http://www.greenhobbymodel.com/ but my concern is it won't be able to handel Irirsh weather. Am I right?

I was looking for the website of the club that flys in phoenix park but couldn't find it, anyone have a link? I think it would be best to have an instructor for a while. And insurance? Any thoughts, where to get, how much?

Cheers

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 3,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭coolwings

I've flown one. It maintains it's height on 1/4 throttle, and hand launches well on 1/3rd.
    Plenty of spare power to use in time of need.

The evening I flew it was foggy so I couldn't fly it far away or it would have disapeared in the mist, so I had a basic flight of very very tight circuits with a loop or two! I can say that it is a very nice halfway house between the raw box-of-sticks kit and the pre-made ARFs, and it's wood, not a plastic foamie, so easily repaired in the event of a banjaxed landing!
    Aeronaut have just brought out a bigger version called Aeromaxx. Not as compact as Rocky, but with take apart wings some folks will prefer it.
    I think for a first flying model, of the two of them, the Rocky the one to go for. It costs less for a start.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 453 ✭✭seamus-2k7

So its okay for our weather?

and what do you think about joining a club and insurance?

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭DennisZ

seamus-2k7 wrote: »
    I was looking for the website of the club that flys in phoenix park but couldn't find it, anyone have a link? I think it would be best to have an instructor for a while. And insurance? Any thoughts, where to get, how much?

www.lmfclub.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 985 ✭✭✭spadder

everything you need is here:

http://www.maci.ie/

Advertisement