Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Damned United

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36 jocksandsocks

trevufc wrote: »
    WHAT FILM? :p

the film about the guy who isnt involved with any club rugby,has a 'season ticket' at thomand park but has a problem with people supporting english football teams

• Registered Users Posts: 4,871 ✭✭✭Karmafaerie

I just can't find the attraction in watching 22 overpaid prima donnas run about and fall over for 90 minutes when you've no connection to where they are nominally representing.

Why Liverpool, why not Barnsley or Hull city or whoever, was it the shiny red jerseys that won you over? Can't have been the quality of the football. I can see why a guy from Liverpool could want to follow them, but a guy from several hundred miles away, I dunno, just seems so childish.

Amazo, the point here is "what difference does it make to you?!"

It obviously bothers you, seeing as you have the compulsion to make unveiled diggs.

I'm a massive MMA fan.
    I've traveled to England and America to see fights.
    My favorite fighter is a French Canadian.

My favorite curret boxer is from the Phillipines, although my alltime favorite would be from Maine.

I love French rugby.

Guess what, I love French bread too.

And Italian coffee.

I love Parma ham, but am not from Parma.

I love Liverpool because I've supported them since I was 3 years of age.
    I've travelled thousands of miles, spending thousands of euros to watch them play.
    I don't care if they're English, French, German, Dutch, or anything else.
    I like the club, the attitude, the history, and everything else.

I don't have a problem with you liking Lost, or Heroes, or Coronation St etc.
    I don't think wow, how can somebody from Ireland like Eastenders when they're hundreds of miles away from London.

I get on with my life.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,871 ✭✭✭Karmafaerie

grenache wrote: »
    I'm a Forest supporter, so naturally i'm going to disagree with you. What he said about Hillsborough was wrong, no doubt, but to say most people has no respect for him is laughable. A look at his trophy haul is proof enough. The players at Derby and Forest would never have played for him if they didn't respect him. He was a very fair man (most of the time), he could be hard, but he always looked for the best in other people.

I'm very much looking forward to seeing this film, the book was excellent, if not always factually correct.

Well as a managr he was one of the best.
    He did do an amazing job, but off the pitch he wasn't respected by a lot of people in football.
    That doesn't take away from his achievments, but it does from his personality.

The aftermat of April 89 has just always left a horrible tase in all Liverpool supporters mouths.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 391 ✭✭Sunn

You are not really supporting a team or a club anyway. You are supporting a marketing brand. You might as well support Mastercard or Adidas.

No more than any other sport really. Munster are just as hysterical when it comes to sponsors and keeping them happy and the players in cotton wool.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Amazotheamazing

Amazo, the point here is "what difference does it make to you?!"

It obviously bothers you, seeing as you have the compulsion to make unveiled diggs.

It actually doesn't make any difference to me, and it doesn't really bother me all that much, like I said, it just see no point in it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 858 ✭✭✭goingpostal

Sunn wrote: »
    No more than any other sport really. Munster are just as hysterical when it comes to sponsors and keeping them happy and the players in cotton wool.

Blanket television coverage has ruined all sport. Following sport has gone from being a real pursuit to a virtual one. In 1983-84 soccer season only 13 matches were shown live during the entire season. you could watch that many matches in a week now. The GAA and the rugby has gone the same way. The Beautiful Game? by David Conn is an excellent book on this subject. It also contains an excellent chapter on what caused the Hillsborough disaster.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 363 ✭✭cancan

It actually doesn't make any difference to me, and it doesn't really bother me all that much, like I said, it just see no point in it.

Have to agree with Amazotheamazing.
    Nothing sadder than walking into a bar with a bunch of fat old irish men watching the premiership.
    Meanwhile the overpaid players are living the high life off their incessant jersey buying and religious devotion to sky sports, while delivering such a boring 90 minutes of dross, that the fans are forced to sing songs about players wives and beat each other up to stay awake, while consuming pi&& poor beer cos they sponsor the club.
    A cultural nadir at best.

Get out and get some fresh air ffs...

Each to his own I suppose....

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭timesnewroman

trevufc wrote: »
    Is The Damned United not showing in Limerick cinemas?

From what I can see on entertainment.ie The Damned United in only showing in Dublin.

It said in todays Limerick Post that the damned united is opening in limerick tomorrow, but I can't check it on omniplex.ie coz they still don't have the films for tomorrow up on there website. They could easily win an award for The Most Rubbish Website in The Cosmos.

The Damned United

Limerick

* Limerick Omniplex
    Crescent SC, Dooradoyle, Co. Limerick
    0818 719 719
    Times: 2.20 4.40 6.50 9.00pm
    Times: Fri-Sat 11.20pm Late Show

• Advertisement
Advertisement