Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

tractors,diggers,plant being reposessed

13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭marzic

adne wrote: »
    In Fairness Marzic, This has nothing to the IFA.. Its the Guards / Law that should be controlling this

...but is there any point in a bunch of anonamous people on a chatroom moaning about it? this affects farmers/agri sector, so the IFA would appear to me to be the best placed org to bring this into the public/political arena. I know ireland is a small country and word gets around, but if the anecdotal evidence is true then the wider public need to be aware what is going on. I would agree with a boycott, but boycotts need to be public.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭Farls

marzic wrote: »
    ...but is there any point in a bunch of anonamous people on a chatroom moaning about it? this affects farmers/agri sector, so the IFA would appear to me to be the best placed org to bring this into the public/political arena. I know ireland is a small country and word gets around, but if the anecdotal evidence is true then the wider public need to be aware what is going on. I would agree with a boycott, but boycotts need to be public.

I agree with you on the boycott but the IFA wouldn't cover this I don't think. It is more a problem with the law/guards. Something local councillors should be something about.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,209 ✭✭✭adne

marzic wrote: »

It has nothing to do with Farmers... More to do with Building Federation.

• Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭marzic

adne wrote: »
    It has nothing to do with Farmers... More to do with Building Federation.

the majority of the posts are referring to agri contractors, I dunno if they have a lobby group or association but they'd surely not have the swing of the IFA. I dont agree that its nothing to do with farmers if this is happening to agri contractors, who work for farmers and possibly have outstanding payments to finance machinery because farmers may owe them money!

My overall point is whoever the fcuk should be hopping up and down outside these instutions/auction houses, including the IFA in my opinion, should get off their arse and do it. remember the tractorcades!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭Slig

If there is anything I have learned from this recession its that things are not fair. The banks will get their money (NAMA) because according to the government we need the banks. The part I find sickening is that during the boom times they welcomed you with open arms into the branch to take out loans on machinery.

The bigger the sum you were borrowing the better and when it came to repayments, well they had all your financial records didnt they? They did everything in their power to encourage people to take out the largest sum posible. In fact if it wasnt a large sum you were borrowing they had little interest in you.

Now that everybody is tight on money they are the victims and are resorting to all sorts of underhanded measures to recoup their investment. All heresay but they only seem to take machinery that has the majority of its value repaid. I even heard of somebody with 2 machines that had one repossessed. He owned a new one and was still repaying a less valuable one, guess which one was lifted?

I can see that the people making money today are the debt collectors, its the stuff of the tribunals tomorrow.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,013 ✭✭✭leitrim lad

Slidey wrote: »
    Look lads a bit of sense is needed here.

If you over extended yourself and bought what you couldnt afford it is going to get taken off you.

Yes I feel sorry for people this has happened to but you cannot expect to keep something for which you cannot pay.

Before the boom builders who needed a teleporter hired one. When things were good they all went out and bought one, alog with the landcruiser and the tri-axle Ivor-Williams.

Now they have no work and have defaulted on the payments.

Answer me this, if they owed you the money, would you take the machine
    back and try and re coup your losses?

I know I would, and no fence or gate would stop me.

i think you need to read nthe thread , what im talking about is not bluffer developers, im talking about longstanding contractors who are around 20 or more years like myself and many others ,not the fly by nights or chancers,

what about the man who has paid 34 out of 36 payments on a machine and is owed money and it is delayed ,

you tell me he should loose his machine to some waffler in a bank who wouldnt know a machine if it tracked across them, i dont think so, i would be telling the waffler in the collections dept and the bulley they send out ,what i told them before .

and that is, and i quote

if you dont get your narrow theiving little f11k pots waddle out of my yard in the count of 5 i will bore holes in you for the fun of it,

that normally works on them,

i am considering organising a boycott of this corrupt auction,and its participators, anyone interested in joining me, i have seen way to many good men loose everything to these theives and i most certanily will not stand by and let others on here agree with them, in steeling hard working honest mens livelihoods.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭bushy...

what about the man who has paid 34 out of 36 payments on a machine and is owed money and it is delayed ,
    >
    i am considering organising a boycott of this corrupt auction,and its participators, anyone interested in joining me, i have seen way to many good men loose everything to these theives and i most certanily will not stand by and let others on here agree with them, in steeling hard working honest mens livelihoods.

It needs to be sorted out some way before it ends badly for someone. Dangerous "game" pushing a lad that has nothing to lose.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭Slidey

Nothing to lose?

These are machines, not their first born chilren we are talking about.

I don't for 1 second believe that if the owner of a machine with 2 payments left on it, contacted the bank and talked sensibly to them and tried to arrange some sort of payments that they would lift the machine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,684 ✭✭✭macadam

Its happening all over the country, hard working men in business a long time are been left without payment from greedy developers and then these vulchers working on behalf of our banks break in and take what we are working hard to pay for .

One developer that owes myself and others turned around last month and bought his daughter a brand new merc for her 21st yet he cannot give me my money.

Do we stoop to the dept collectors , or let the banks come and take our dying livelyhood.

Pissed off and too old to emigrate what do we do?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭pakalasa

Just read the whole thread.....best ever.

Look - the construction industry was geared up to build 100,000 houses a year. Into the near future we only need a fraction of this. Take road-building into the equation and you're looking at a huge surplus of unwanted machinery with no work to do.

"Leitrim Lad" - wouldn't mind having you fight my corner if it came to it... Fair Play, you stand up to injustice.....I've only a 30 yr old tractor, a finger bar and a timber cattle box.... couldn't pay someone to take them.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4 realcontractor

letrim lad i live in co meath where these so called agents and hauliers for the banks are based everything you said is true. romour has it that last week they beat up a a well known business man while trying to repo some of his gear they told a friend of mine they will get his equpitment one way or another the law is so crooked we are all confused maybe u can post all the facts asap thanks

well men sorry i havent been online for a while , im busy at silage and turf, the sh2t is hitting the fan for the scum from ashbourne and slane who are taking the law into their own hands, and robbing my friends machinery across the country, go to naas and look at the new scania lorry they stole,

funnily enough it was burned out in the auction yard the night after they repod it, now the mods can do what ever they like ban me for what i have just said but , the cows are starting to come home on this subject ,all you have to do is tell the bank the auction is not safe which it now isnt , for your machinery to be stored , neither is it selling because the inside bidders are showing their truecolours also,

<snip>Please keep this stuff for down the pub</snip>

i will be back on line later and i can give a mobile number to anyone who is in trouble or wants to show these scumbags a lesson

MODTALK: No phone numbers to be publically displayed, thank you

Slidey wrote: »
    Nothing to lose?

These are machines, not their first born chilren we are talking about.

I don't for 1 second believe that if the owner of a machine with 2 payments left on it, contacted the bank and talked sensibly to them and tried to arrange some sort of payments that they would lift the machine.

do you know anything about the market for machinery?
    i have a 35ton digger which cost me a quarter of a mill 18 months ago and now its worth about 40 grand, and i would be lucky to get a man with 40grand to buy it, there is no market at the minute, im just lucky i have it and all the rest of my machinery now fully paid for, however im owed enough money that i could retire and im only in my 20s, and as for the banks the scum who caused this mess, well you see they are not interested in a machine with big money owed on it, due to the fact that they will never see the entire balance again if they reposess it, so the man who is late or in arrears with the last 2 payments , and thinks he is safe ,ends up loosing the lot, and the bank uses the scum from slane and ashbourne to steal the machine, and put imaginary fees on it to cover their tracks and they all pocket the money,

thats their new golden circle,

however the bank should be aware that if you have more than one third of your asset payed for they need a court order to reposess it from you ,which could take 2 years to obtain . and if in the mean time they enter private property and steal the asset they could be locked up for upto 15 years ,and loose their claim to reposess the machine.

but as usual the gardai dont understand the law only what suits themselves ,so they tag along after the banks and the bullies who are commiting the crime of theft against the small man ,not realising that the law is being broken, and if these scumbags or alleged baliffs tell you that they will ring the gardai,

just simply inform them that its a civil matter and the gardai cannot get involved until the bank gets a court order, the gardai should be informed of this also.

tha post soon nks for posting this info letrim lad most people in trouble dont know their rights and cant afford to go to a solicitor now . these scum nrrd to be stopped abusing decent people and causing them stress ,these banks they repesent should be named and shamed some of them are not friends if you get my drift

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 319 ✭✭cormywormy

here it is http://www.gc2000.ie/auction_details.php?id=34461?lot_no=&description=scania. why was it burned out. Leitrimlad, whos number is that, what will they do, are they involved in law or something.

<snip>
    anyone interested in picketing at the next auction can contact me via pm and i will pass on my number to any genuine parties

thanks
    conor

<snip>Oh no you didnt</snip>

sorry, but what does picketing mean, does it mean if they want to buy something.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 316 ✭✭laurence997

cormywormy wrote: »
    sorry, but what does picketing mean, does it mean if they want to buy something.

Picketing is a form of protest where people protesting gather outside a place of buisness in an attempt to persuede people not to go in and work there, and to attempt to draw attention to the matter in the public domain.

Picketing is a form of protest where people protesting gather outside a place of buisness in an attempt to persuede people not to go in and work there, and to attempt to draw attention to the matter in the public domain.

Thanks laurence, now i know.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,684 ✭✭✭macadam

Heard some of those repo men stood on the wrong toes two weeks ago in the border area around Louth /Armagh, believe the pampers were required.

<snip> anybody intrested in joining in a campaign nationally to protect our livelyhoods from these hoods can contact me by pm .its time we put our pride in our pockets and let the goverment know we are not going to be bullied by the banks and finance houses that our pension money is after bailing out ,intimadate us no longer ,enough is enough ,if the taxi men and electrical contractors can block dublin so can every haulier ,every plant hire man ,quarry owner agricultural contractor we are the private sector NO BODY GIVES A **** ABOUT US ,THEY WONT EVEN GIVES US THE DOLE enough is enough time for action i am sure every subscriber know somebody affected .lets block dublin and show these banks up for what they are bully boys sending hoods out to beat up decent irish people please reply and pass on e mail

Guys, can we please keep this thread civil.

I would also ask that no phone numbers or email addresses be posted on thread.

Thanks

just need to get this one point across lads .

can we speak on this subject in an ordinary manner , for your own sake dont threaten anyone or slander anyone,

we are all on the one side here, and we do need to do something about the subject of mens yards being robbed and wives and children being threatned and intimidated, innocent hard working men being left on the side of the road with nothing only cracked ribs and black eyes,

it has to stop but the best way i think to stop it is to organise a meeting with all of us present ,and then organise a march, followed by a protest , then issue proceedings to the high courts, for an injunction against these people who are killing our trade.

i met a few lads over the weekend in meath, who are also contractors, and what happened to them , is the very same as what happened to the rest of us, so if we all have the same story country wide then we all cant be wrong,

on that ground we have a battle on our hands and grounds for a high court injunction against these people, but we need to stick togethar and co operate with oneand other,

and another thing if your plant is taken dont be foolish and take to the bed with depression, pm me or the realcontractor, and we can meet you and have a chat then you will see that your not on your own.

and for god sake dont go doing anything stupid because of a bank or a few bullies

thanks lads conor

macadam wrote: »
    Heard some of those repo men stood on the wrong toes two weeks ago in the border area around Louth /Armagh, believe the pampers were required.

i can assure you macadam thats only the tip of the ice berg, whats coming for them is alot more frightening than that, never mind pampers its porta lu they want next

<snip> anybody intrested in joining in a campaign nationally to protect our livelyhoods from these hoods can contact me by pm .its time we put our pride in our pockets and let the goverment know we are not going to be bullied by the banks and finance houses that our pension money is after bailing out ,intimadate us no longer ,enough is enough ,if the taxi men and electrical contractors can block dublin so can every haulier ,every plant hire man ,quarry owner agricultural contractor we are the private sector NO BODY GIVES A **** ABOUT US ,THEY WONT EVEN GIVES US THE DOLE enough is enough time for action i am sure every subscriber know somebody affected .lets block dublin and show these banks up for what they are bully boys sending hoods out to beat up decent irish people please reply and pass on e mail

very true real contractor, i will speak to you later this evening, the only way is up the m50 with lowloaders and head into town, block every exit and the city then our point will get across, for get the electricians , we employ them so whats in it for us, we are the contractors , we are the private sector thats sinking at a mile a minute, and we are not going to land running,

but dont for get we pay the wages of the gardai who co operate with these bullies who enter our yards at night and steal our assets, and the gardai say its a civil matter ,not when an assualt is commited or tresspassing is commited, so do your job gardai. and do it now, stop these bullies intimidating our wives and children at school. stop them beating us up over a few louzy grand, and do your job by helping the citizens of this state who pay your wages, its not alot to ask.

why should we the private sector contractors who are guilty of nothing only hard work , be bet down like flies on a wall , just because the banks lent out thousands of millions to the golden circles, none of us are in the golden circles.

why should our money be given to these reckless people to bailthem out for there mistakes, minister lenehan wouldnt give the farmers the reps money , but he can plough our livelihoods into these zombie banks,

FOR WHAT I ASK?

the latest news is that these bulies called to a mans house yesterday and said they wanted to help him, by taking his machinery and auctioning it for one quarter of its value,
    granted these are the same scumbags who bet this same man up one month ago, now they say they want to help him, come on, something smells fishey to me,

they still didnt say sorry for threatening his wife and intimidating her neither,

the next step in this protest is to name and shame the hauliers, and the baliffs, and the bankers , on national radio and television,

then block the city of dublin for as long as it takes the ministers to beleive that this is actually happening , because at the minute the ministers are in cloud cookoo land with the rest of the golden yupees

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,485 ✭✭✭Bazzy

I dont think blocking dublin will do you any favours. Plus all the people who owe money on machines will leave them and go driving slow around dublin??

All the yards will be empty by the time you get back. I think Letrim lad should get his solictor buddy to fight all the cases. Dont go blocking the palce up will only lead to trouble

letrim lad the only thing to do is block dublin well bring a few track machines and block streets where some of the banks whoes agents beat up decent people are based well also block the m50 . i also agree with you to name and shame all the hauliers that move this plant for the bullies i can name at least six of them from meath and cavan already stop being proud lads get in behind us and stop these theives who are instructed by people with strong british connections trying to **** us

• Advertisement

Guys I am closing this.

It has moved on from what this forum is about and into Political and Legal issues. Those forums may be better suited to this discussion.

Also, some of the comments that have been deleted and reposted with regards to physical violence are not acceptable as there is no factual way to back them up.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement