Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for a kitten in Galway City?

Options
  • 06-04-2009 2:33pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 494 ✭✭

Hi, I want to adopt a kitten but the Galway SPCA is out near Loughrea and I just don't have the time to travel out there. I mean, I've been trying to find the time for weeks but it's just not happening. Is there any rescue centre nearer Galway City I could get a cat from?

I know I could get a kitten privately from the back pages of the paper, but I'd like to support a rescue centre if given a choice.

I can't find any place on the Internet, but considering you can barely find the Dog Pound in Ballybane on Google even if you know about it, that doesn't mean there's nothing. Hoping someone in Galway will have the inside track!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 476 ✭✭Blueprint

The ISPCA actually keep their cats in their Galway City premises, which is where their charity shop is in Middle Street. They always have some cats there anyhow.

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭PinkTulips

how about donating some money to a charity and taking a kitten from a private home?

the kittens i'll be rehoming in a few weeks are from a feral female i took in last year, i was feeding her for ages and she turned up one day with her kittens in tow and moved in!

unfortunately she keeps getting pregnant before she finshes feeding the last lot and the vet i spoke to won't spay while she's feeding :( so now i have 5 more to rehome.

i could have dumped them with a charity but they're so overworked and underfunded that felt wrong and she's a lovely cat, as are her 2 older kittens we kept with us

sorry, i'm rambling, my point is this; domestic kittens from homes wanted ads are just as badly in need of loving homes and the charity will appreciate a donation either way.

Advertisement