Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Xbox360 Elite "Jasper" Model

• 06-04-2009 2:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 662 ✭✭✭

Just wondering if anyone could help me with a few questions please.

1. Anybody know if the Elite (Black) Jasper console is available yet and where?
    2. Can anybody tell me the manufacturing number to look out for that indicates a Jasper model?
    3. The Elite comes with a HDMI cable, but does it also have the cable for Optical Out Sound, so you dont have to mess with the old Component dongle and do a DIY job to squeeze it in alongside the HDMI one?

Appreciate any help offered!

Thanks! :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 662 ✭✭✭Liber8or

LIGHTNING wrote: »
    The only confirmed Elite japser as far as I am aware is the Resident Evil edition which are all Japsers. The best way to check if a certain console is a japser is to look at the back of the console where the serial number is, if the 12 v rail is 12.1 amps then you are pretty much getting a jasper. The manufacturing number isnt always a 100% successful way of a jasper. Use the above method and you will get yourself a jasper.

The elites come with a HDMI cable which carries sound as well as video so you dont have to worry about optical out sound.

I sold my old model Pro and got a Arcade jasper and put a 120 gig HD on it. So I got myself a latest model Elite for less than 180 euro.

Thanks for the info!

Just wondering about the separate Optical Audio cable as my sound system is separate to my TV, so I would have HDMI going to TV and Optical Out going to Sound System.

Cheers for the info on how to recognise a Jasper, I might go with your technique of buying a Jasper Arcade and put a 120Gb HDD on it! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,162 ✭✭✭TheMooseInNam

LIGHTNING wrote: »
    I bought a Arcade jasper in Newry for 125 GB pounds which was 135 euro, bought a 120 Gb HDD on adverts.ie for 55euro. Threw on my old Network adapter and I was flying. The new jasper models is far quieter than my old launch model and the power supply is alot lighter and runs cooler.

As for your sound issues you may have to get a different cable. Are you running your sound system through an amp? You could in theory run the HDMI to your amp then re-route the audio through the amp and take the video out through the amp in whatever format suitable.

I have a set of Turtle Beach x4's and they require an optic cable port but I also wanted to use the sound through an LCD with the HDMI sometimes too. All I did was plug the HDMI and a component cable (only use the optic port on it) into the back of the 360. I thought one would block the other or something else weird would happen. Both work perfectly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

The Elites come with a little adapter/dongle thingee you can use to your optical output, so you don't need to hack up a cable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 786 ✭✭✭center15

FYI the xbox only outputs stereo over hdmi not 5.1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 beefyjohn

Does anybody know of anywhere in the meath area that are selling jasper consoles? can anybody confirm they have one?

• Advertisement
Advertisement