Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good pubs in Brisbane.

Options
  • 06-04-2009 2:51pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 225 ✭✭

So ill be in Brissy in 3 weeks, can anyone recomend good pubs? Also a place where i can get my teeth sunk into a big red juicy steak, thanks mates:D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 la mar

Hey mate, i´m an aussie living in galway at the moment but lived in brissie for many years.

There are afew great pubs. But for a great steak you should try the Story bridge Hotel, which is under the Story Bridge on the opposite side of the river than the city. But very close to the city too. Awesome pub there, and the steaks are excellent. Pretty pricey tho, about 35 dollars.

Another place is the breakfast creek hotel which is about a 10 minute drive from the city. It is pretty famous in Brisbane for its steaks as their impressive.

Another pretty good pub if you havn´t found it yet for a sunday session is the normanby. Ask someone and they´ll show you.

I got abit homesick when I read big juicy red steak, I could buy one here but i´m a poor traveller. Anyway have fun in Brisbane and Australia!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 222 ✭✭Sammag

http://www.regattahotel.com.au - Good pub and good food. Toilets are a must - and I won't spoil the surprise for you... :D

http://www.thebowery.com.au in fortitude Valley is nice enough too, but I don't think they do food. A good place to stop off on a pub crawl sort-of-place.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭Diamondmaker

There are a few districts and all have a very different vibe.

West End a bit dingy and sleazy. Its the alternative area and you will find lots of music bars here. Lock N Load has a sweet beer garden and cool music. DJ to live bands. The Music Kafe across the road has jam sessions and live music, dingy intimate place.

The Valley is the 18-30 hot spot. Its jammers at the w.e. All the good dance clubs are here with a huge range of bars and clubs.
    A few backpackers here if thats what you are into.
    Birdy num nums is a weird one. Its all out doors on a roof garden so great in the hot weather and there is a pool up there for w/e sessions !
    The big mega clubs are here too and by far the most impressive aeshetically is cloud land. Uber fantastic architecture with a retractable roof over the courtyard surrounded by mezzanines and chandaliers. Not sure there is a place in Dublin hat compares with this even. Up market snazzy place.
    I like Alhambra in the valley, live house music / jazzy DJ and live sets. less rowdy crowd than some iof the other dance clubs.
    The Valley is where you will get all the vices from skank hoes to drugs and peep shows.

New Farm is the outskirts of the Valley, very trendy wine bar type places, more relaxed, mature, casual - but up market and away from the crowds of the valley. Great resteraunts mixed with trendy bars.

South bank is the Dublin verison of the IFSC Id say. Not sure what the w.e are like there but its an after work area for local businesses.

The CBD is good on a Fri night after work, Fridays on the irver side for some action and the Pig N Whistle near by for any sports event or if you just gotta be in a dump of a place an be surrounded by Irish.
    Other Irish bars are in CBD too, Irish club was particularly good on Paddys day as you would expect.

Unfortuantely I have not been out as much as I would like cos I came here to get into the outdoor life and Im happier getting up early on the w/e and doing stuff.

The different distircts are niot really a walk away, need a taxi between them all. Oh yeah there is the Storey Bridge too, as mentioned. Again another area all together.

Re steak, the Brekky Creek is good fun at 1st. Nice novelty on a good day total outdoor drinking and Big steaks. We are going to the Norman nest week, supposed to be similar but better. Either way worth a look fresh off the boat.

Enjoy

Advertisement