Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

pole dancing lessons?

Options
  • 06-04-2009 2:57pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭

Anyone know is there pole dancing in west/north west of Ireland?? e.g Sligo,mayo,clare,galway?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,797 ✭✭✭bobcar61

I'm not sure to be honest with you.

You could possibly get in touch with the nightclubs in the area who might know of some dancers who maybe do pole dancing as well. Many nightclubs often have dancers in their club so I'm sure they could point you in the right direction of someone/somewhere.

On that not,there was a pole dancing competition in Voodoo nightclub in Letterkenny a few weeks ago.I know it's a fair distance away though:confused: One of my friends went to it as it was her friends mum who was taking part in it and she teaches pole dancing to others,but my friends friend is from Letterkenny so I doubt she would have any contacts in the Sligo/Mayo/Galway area.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

could just ask around in local gyms . I would imagine some of them women have to go to the gym and would be more than willing to point you in the right direction.

I think you should do a video diary of your progress. Just so we all know how your progressing loike. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,659 ✭✭✭magnumlady

seanybiker wrote: »
    could just ask around in local gyms . I would imagine some of them women have to go to the gym and would be more than willing to point you in the right direction.

I think you should do a video diary of your progress. Just so we all know how your progressing loike. ;)

lol behave yourself!:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,392 ✭✭✭TequilaMockingBird

magnumlady wrote: »
    lol behave yourself!:rolleyes:

What was the biker dude searching for, that he came upon our little forum...:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,021 ✭✭✭il gatto

What was the biker dude searching for, that he came upon our little forum...:D

Traditional Polish dance, I assume. I believe the Polonaise or the Polka might return what you were looking for seanybiker. Ahem.;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭lubie76

Spirit gym which used to be the Riverside Hotel does 3 pole dancing classes every Saturday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 65 ✭✭shelly.m

lubie76 wrote: »
    Spirit gym which used to be the Riverside Hotel does 3 pole dancing classes every Saturday.
    ay idea if there is any in or around cork?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,797 ✭✭✭bobcar61

Post in the Cork forum and I'm sure you will get an answer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭nikki79

where is the spirit gym that used to be riverside hotel?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 127 ✭✭rio-rose

riverside hotel is down by JFK prade in other words down beside toffs nite club

keep goin past it and its on your left hand side you wont miss it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,346 ✭✭✭darealtulip

rio-rose wrote: »
    riverside hotel is down by JFK prade in other words down beside toffs nite club

keep goin past it and its on your left hand side you wont miss it

Is that not closed and transformed into appartments? the restaurant is thai and the pub has changed owner as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 127 ✭✭rio-rose

Is that not closed and transformed into appartments? the restaurant is thai and the pub has changed owner as well.

dont know but one of the other posters said thats where it is, so i was just directing her :D

i taught that hotel closed but maybe they still have the gym and indoor pool still up and running
    as well as you said bout the restaurant and pub

ah well might go in a check it out for myself and while im in their i might just get roped into the poledancing if it on their

:D:D:D:D:D:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭zonEEE

rio-rose wrote: »
    dont know but one of the other posters said thats where it is, so i was just directing her :D

i taught that hotel closed but maybe they still have the gym and indoor pool still up and running
    as well as you said bout the restaurant and pub

ah well might go in a check it out for myself and while im in their i might just get roped into the poledancing if it on their

:D:D:D:D:D:eek:

Ya the gym is still open and the pub is called the mill and the restaurant is run by the same people. The Mill is a nice spot for a pint before heading out on the town.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,346 ✭✭✭darealtulip

strongr wrote: »
    Ya the gym is still open and the pub is called the mill and the restaurant is run by the same people. The Mill is a nice spot for a pint before heading out on the town.

Aye that's what we do on match day, watch amatch while having some thai. Drink in and head for the showgrounds and have pint stops on the way ofcourse!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 bubblebut

hey yah, any one no of any pole dancing classes in galway, or no any1 dat wud be interested iun teaching them in galway???? i no loadsa people who would be interested......:):)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭Xiney

This is the Sligo forum, so you're not likely to get any answers here about Galway!

I live in Galway though and as far as I know there are no pole dancing classes here. There was recently a thread posted on the Galway forum and nobody knew of any either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭nikki79

I tried to suss this out a few months ago but didn't get very far!
    It doesn't seem to be happening in Galway at all but there's definitely a market for it! I know a good few ladies who wud love to give it a go.
    Anyone out there wanna teach it???

Advertisement