Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Using a Pay monthly VF Broadband sim in a Blackberry

• 06-04-2009 3:20pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭

Hi all, I just want to clear Up some confusion. Will it cost me to use the mobile browser in my blackberry storm if I use my BB sim?

Basically my Broadband sim sits at home all day and I use a PAYG VF sim in my blackberry. I would love to be able to use the broadband sim so I'm not paying twice. Is anyone else doing this?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭rordeb

Don't think so. If all you do is web browsing and no downloading you should switch to the vodafone APN - only costs 19c per mb on prepay.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Rsaeire

The thing is, with the Vodafone broadband sim, you would end up paying postpaid prices, as far as I'm aware, when using Vodafone live. You wouldn't be able to use the broadband APN, as the Blackberry would need to have the relevant APN settings, or service books, present on the handset.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭Smcgie

What is the vodafone APN?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Rsaeire

Smcgie wrote: »
    What is the vodafone APN?

If you're referring to rordeb's comment, I would imagine that he/she is referring to the Vodafone live APN i.e. live.vodafone.com.

Advertisement