Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GTX 280 Problem

Options
  • 06-04-2009 3:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 580 ✭✭✭

Ello ello

I have had my GTX 280 for the last few months and no problems so far. Yesterday I decided to give my PC and good clean using compressed air and tissues !

Put the pc back together and starts up fine. But after about 1-2 Hours of playing a game the machine will lock up and green with some white dots will be on my screen. This happened twice. So installed the latest drivers when I restarted my PC this time I could not get passed the windows login screen without the pc locking up and artifacts appearing on screen.

So now Ive re fitted the graphics card again and re arranged some of the power cables. Can get pass the login screen now but it just froze again after about an hour of gaming.

It looks like a overheating issue but its only happening after I cleaned my PC out.

Graphics Temps are idling around 50-55 and 75-85 under load.

Specs
    | Samsung SM225MD 22'' 5ms | Sennheiser PC 350 Headset | Logitech X-230 2.1 Speakers | Razer Deathadder | Saitek Eclipse Keyboard | APLUS Case Monolize ATX | e6600 2.4Ghz lapped @ 3.6Ghz 1.475v /w KOOLANCE Exos-2 CPU liquid cooler 300-V10 | EVGA nForce 680i | 8GB OCZ Platinum DDR2 PC6400 @ 800 Mhz 5-4-4-18 2.1v | EVGA GeForce GTX 280 1GB GDDR3 | Creative SB X-Fi Fatal1ty | 2x Hitachi Deskstar 320GB SATA-II 8MB Cache /w RAID+0 | Vista Premium SP1 64-Bit | Thermaltake Toughpower 1200W |

Advertisement