Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Turlough O'Sullivan - Why does appear to have a driver?

Options
  • 06-04-2009 3:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 49

Has anyone else noticed that when Turlough O'Sullivan is interviewed outside the Dail on his way into the "partnership" talks it is clear that he is being driven by someone else. Is it a case that he is being chauffered driven? By whom and at what cost?

This is the same man who bleats on about competitiveness, wage restraint and indeed last week called for social welfare cuts.

The guy does not have a clue. He is so out of touch it is unreal.

The union cretins are bad enough but Mr. O'Sullivan is worse.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭spank_inferno

I noticed that too, but to be honest so what.

IBEC is a lobby/representative group paid for by the coffers of its members.
    O'Sullivan works at the pleasure of IBEC's members. So If the employers of Ireland had an issue with him having a chauffeur I'm sure they would let him know.

But I do agree with you, the visuals look very bad, considering his mantra.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39,022 ✭✭✭✭Permabear

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭segaBOY

This post has been deleted.

+1

I've seen him knocking about the "Learning to drive" forum :D

• Registered Users Posts: 679 ✭✭✭Darsad

Well Cowen should start the cut backs whithin his own ranks with the immediate removal of all junior ministry state cars or chauffeur allowance and cut ministerial cars to the top 3 and the rest to use a car pool operated from Leinster house.

• Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 28,804 Mod ✭✭✭✭oscarBravo

...which has got what, exactly, to do with Turlough O'Sullivan?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

vinvon wrote: »
    This is the same man who bleats on about competitiveness, wage restraint and indeed last week called for social welfare cuts.

He's out of touch if he thinks those will happen in the short term but unfortunately he has a good point on the need for all three.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,339 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

vinvon wrote: »
    Has anyone else noticed that when Turlough O'Sullivan is interviewed outside the Dail on his way into the "partnership" talks it is clear that he is being driven by someone else. Is it a case that he is being chauffered driven? By whom and at what cost?

The union cretins are bad enough but Mr. O'Sullivan is worse.

I noticed this and I was curious about that when I noticed the car is an 08 DL reg. Hence I think he was getting driven in by a friend or colleague as it would be strange for him to have a chauffer driven car registered in Donegal.

Advertisement