Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Frozen iPhone

Options
  • 06-04-2009 3:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭

hey there. I'm about to be murdered by a friend of mine who lent me his iPhone on friday (yes, Ive had it for 3 days and managed to break it already!).

all his stuff was on there so I asked him could I wipe it - he said yes! I asked it to wipe all content and settings in hte menu - it said this could take an hour. it has now taken many hours and seems to be stuck in a loop with a black screen showing a white apple and an "I'm doing something" symbol??

HELLLLLLPPPPPPPPP Please or my life wont be worth living!!

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

ya done your mate a favour. Tell him to get a proper phone now.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

seanybiker wrote: »
    ya done your mate a favour. Tell him to get a proper phone now.

Take what ever issues you have with the iPhone elsewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

I would be very surprised if you've permanently damaged it. If he doesn't mind you having wiped it, then he won't mind a firmware reinstall. You can reset the device by holding down the home and power buttons (or something like that). Then he can use itunes to reinstall the OS if it's borked.

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭scottyboy1973

Did that thanks - only downside is that it was unlocked and the restart appears to have relocked it! Wass thinking about downloading unlocking sw from the web but I dont want to cock up his expensive iPhone

Advertisement