Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tri-flow kitchen taps with spray

Options
  • 06-04-2009 4:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 648 ✭✭✭

Just finishing off our new kitchen, and am having trouble sourcing a suitable tap to go with the sink.

We're looking for one with a built-in water filter and also a pull-out head for rinsing, filling large items, etc. There are lots of nice taps with one or the other (Franke, Emporia, etc), but nobody seems to do a tap that includes both.

Has anyone come across anything like this?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 capal ban

Hi Tenshot

I'm a newbie and Low and behold Im the manager of a diy shop that sells taps with built in filters, and they are very niece too. they are not cheep but they are worth a look.

• Registered Users Posts: 670 ✭✭✭fm

franke do them with seperate pull out spray,see link page 19

http://www.kal.ie/imgLib/kal2004/uploads/Franke_taps_triflow_brochurels.pdf

• Registered Users Posts: 648 ✭✭✭Tenshot

Thanks guys - I hadn't looked at the Franke catalog, only the website, where the tri-spray taps are hidden at the end of a big list of tri-flow models; that's why I missed them.

We were really looking for the pull-out sprayhead to be in the main tap rather than separate. However, from reading the Franke literature in more detail, there seem to be two flow pipes inside the tap head for filtered vs normal hot/cold mixed water, to avoid cross-contamination. I imagine with a flexihose, there isn't enough room in the tap stem to accomodate two separate flows as well.

So, the Tri-spray Franke models look like they might do the trick instead -- pretty pricey though! Off to check budgets...

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭builditwell

Ensure that you have good pressure on the hot water side as most are for pump driven use. The tap i think you are after is a pro chef.

B

• Registered Users Posts: 648 ✭✭✭Tenshot

Ensure that you have good pressure on the hot water side as most are for pump driven use. The tap i think you are after is a pro chef.
    Thanks for the pointer ... couldn't find a Falcon Pro Chef with built-in filter on their website though (all the models seem to have the spray feature however).

Hot water is pump driven, so should be no problems there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭Joey the lips

Be very careful tenshot what you have been told is when you combine both the hot water comes out very very slow. Its because the pressure of hot water in ireland is low while the mains is high. It requires pumped or mains to work.

Make sure the one you get works at low hot water pressure. Sadly I have not seen one and I am ion plumbing 10 years..

Best of luck I dont rec them.

----Just realised that you say your pumped so sorry. The cheap aldi on comes up every now and again it has not got a filter but you can fit it seperate as it saves you so much

Advertisement