Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BF2 expansion packs-simple question

Options
  • 06-04-2009 6:09pm
    Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 9,877 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Have just reinstalled this after what seems like an age.

Bought the 'collection disc' which has all three expansions. It says I need to register online to access this content. I can't see any way to do this on BFHQ.

Where do I register to get the expansion content?

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,324 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Bramble wrote: »
    Have just reinstalled this after what seems like an age.

Bought the 'collection disc' which has all three expansions. It says I need to register online to access this content. I can't see any way to do this on BFHQ.

Where do I register to get the expansion content?

Install EA Download manager, there's an activation tab there. Enter the code for each expansion, and you EA account details.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 9,877 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tenger

Thanks for that.

Update:

Installed EA download manager, created an EA account to do so.

Tried to register the games using the BF2 start screen, uername invlaid.

Tried to acces my account on EA.com, username invalid.

Used the link from my confirmation email, username invalid,

Bugger

• Registered Users Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭spooky donkey

I cant get that EA account thingy to run in Vista for me. I had it installed fine and then it updates and now says my security settings are too tight. I turned every thing off and still cant run it.
    So I had to give up on my expansions cause I have vista.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,324 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Thanks for that.

Update:

Installed EA download manager, created an EA account to do so.

Tried to register the games using the BF2 start screen, uername invlaid.

Tried to acces my account on EA.com, username invalid.

Used the link from my confirmation email, username invalid,

Bugger

BF2 screenname and EA account aren't the same. Your BF2 username is attached to a Gamespy account.

Finally got the EA account to work. Have registered my game and ...nothing. No access to new maps,new weapons,new skins. Tried to reinstall the expansions and it keeps trying to install in the wrong drive. (I install all my games in E: drive rather than C:)

At least I was able to patch it up and get the map pack.

• Advertisement

Finally got the EA account to work. Have registered my game and ...nothing. No access to new maps,new weapons,new skins. Tried to reinstall the expansions and it keeps trying to install in the wrong drive. (I install all my games in E: drive rather than C:)

At least I was able to patch it up and get the map pack.

Special Forces starts seperately from BF2 with it's own executable. AF and EF are just extra content for BF2 vanilla.

Spear wrote: »
    .......... AF and EF are just extra content for BF2 vanilla.
    Well no sign of any extra content on my machine.....no new maps for example

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

You need to connect to a server to see the new maps (afaik).

It's not very simple but you need to select servers based on what map they're using.

Try connecting to this IP which is a EuroForces server in the USA ( 207.210.239.210:16567)

Otherwise, the the multiplayer online game browser, sort by maps and look out for servers running "operation smoke screen, long wall, taraba quarry" for EU and "operation road rage, midnight sun or operation harvest" for AF.

Have you reinstalled the 1.41 patch after installing the packs?

Advertisement